First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    except for all the stuff in it, it doesn't have any stuff in it

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

It has a trailer other cars can enter. Neat, I guess. Still doesn\'t look good. How this looks worse than the 86\' figure, I got no idea.
    This should of been leader class.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    Maybe a franchise and fanbase with a higher standards of quality? A better reputation because it wasn't bogged down by 5 terrible movies that effectively turned a respected niche series into a big loud, obnoxious laughingstock? By WFC do you mean the toyline or the dogshit Netflix show? And Cyberverse??? You really gonna use that as an argument for how great Transformers is doing?

Yeah lets not have this discussion, because a ton of people won't like where it leads.

For better and for worse, it seems.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

663CA71A-C613-47A8-814C-B2CC2ADEF3FD.jpeg

Unpopular Opinion here:

I actually really like the alt mode being elongated like that. I think it makes him look even more like a space futurey truck and trailer.

Not on model to the animation, but looks kinda cool and fun as hell to play with!

• Like Like x 16
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmmm that hinge on the front of the trailer hasn’t been opened. Wonder what that does?

• Like Like x 3
  6. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did some crops of the images

ExVQ9P5VcAMTnO0.jpg Rodimus Back Open.jpg Rodimus on Base.jpg Rodimus Trailer.jpg

ExVQ9P5VcAMTnO0 - Copy.jpg 20210325 b - Copy.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 24
  7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I like that there is a ramp for the hauler feature in the design. That's smart. Although it kinda looks like a garbage truck.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  8. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

I have to admit, Rodimus looks alright. It isn't compromised like the MP and POTP figure by trying to be both Hot Rod/Rodimus at the same time, and it doesn't have the awkward proportions of the Titanium mold. This will probably be the best Rodimus toy we'll ever get

• Like Like x 4
  9. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

Right??? What's in the BOX??? Sorry, just really excited for this guy, more now that we have these pics!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assumed that was the rumored storage tray. Kinda like a pick up truck's tool box.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Is he worth $80? Probably not.

Is that going to stop me from buying him just to put in my SS86 display behind Hot Rod holding the matrix up? Absolutely not, can't wait to pick this guy up

• Like Like x 8
  12. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Pretty sweet looking Rodimus, really like the cut of his jib so far. Sure it's not perfect, but I think people are letting their (admittably understandable) G1 fatigue cloud their judgment, as there's a quite a few impressive things about this guy.

He looks suitably powerful, you believe he can go toe to toe against someone like Galvatron. Aside form his silhouette and stature, I think what really sells this are his delightfully beefy fists. Aside from not using a faux hood\chest, this seems to be another difference between his transformation and that of Hot Rod, as his fists definitely look too hefty to fit inside his forearms. Most likely they'll turn 90 degrees for transformation and end up somewhere under the vehicle mode. Hands flipping out of forearms are cool, but Rodimus certainly looks better with some girthier justice dispensers. He also has barely a hint of visibe hollowness, wrist articulation, opening hands AND an articulate index finger, you've gotta admit that's not bad for a mainline toy.

He also seems to have double-jointed elbows (hopefully with lots of range), the way his shins are sculpted indicates they won't hinder his ankle pivote as much as that of Hot Rod (one of my very few nitpicks with the turbo revvin' young punk), and the pin halfway his feet might indicate him being able to picot his feet and feel spurs separately, which would be pretty cool.

Vehicle mode's pretty sweet too, love the option of having a "Hot Roided" car separate from its trailer and going full space vinnebago. The hub parts of the wheels really should be painted, though that part is at least fairly easy to remedy. Those hinges breaking up his otherwise glorious exhaust pipes is kinda lame, I think I would've taken partsforming if it means said pipes remain nice and continuous. The car part not going deeper into the trailer doesn't bother me though. Oddly enough I think I like this look compared to how Rodimus' alt mode's usually depicted, it look a little more aggressive. Less "red hot recreation" and more "How can I ram into you so I cause as much damage as possible?". The inner canon's pretty badass as well, and all the extra blast effects will be put to good use. It's always a boon when a figure comes with stuff a lot of other toys can interact with.

Sure, he could be a little less expensive, though I think all TF toys are at least somewhat overpriced, especially MP and 3P offerings. I know there are bigger figures for a similar price, but I don't need another TF Blaster\Soundwave scenario where an otherwise pretty cool toy is too big to fit with characters he's supposed to be of similar size with. If his heft and joint tolerances are as good as Galvatron's are according the good @Phamduc (and I have little reason to believe otherwise with how rock solid most of my WfC guys have been) I think I'll get my money's worth. Sure, a fully contained transformation would've also been interesting, though I don't see anyone making a better job than DX9 Carry without making it a brittle accordeon of a Transformer. For now I enjoy the breath of fresh air that is a Rodimus with very little back kibble, especially after PoTP Rodders.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  13. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  14. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Still not buying it. SS 86 Hot Rod makes a good Rodimus. 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    You think THAT'S bad? Imagine paying 600$+ for a giant exclusive collectible that's missing paint apps!

;) 

• Like Like x 10
  16. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Rabble! Rabble... rabble-rabble!

I still like the final production choices in color.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    This thread in a nutshell:
    upload_2021-3-25_13-46-36.gif

• Like Like x 19
  18. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Welp. I\'m officially sold.

-A.S.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LegoTransformersAftermath

LegoTransformersAftermath Well-Known Member

I actually like the POTP release of Rodimus Prime. Sure, the trailer has a different function compared to this, but I find the \"Prime Armor\" gimmick a little more interesting for this.

Also, its cheaper. 

• Like Like x 1