First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Wonder if, since they made this the toy and second most used transformation inspired, the eventual Rodimus 2.0 masterpiece will be an all in one transformation, similar to DX9 Carry. Some people might complain about vehicle scale, but if you let the rampant vehicle miscaling that is all of G1 based figures be a thing especially every jetformer I think you can survive Rodimus's vehicle mode being a smaller box truck. And he did have an all in one transformation in the movie, and considering that's his first (and for nostalgia's sake generally speaking main) appearance, Imma count that as his more canon/main transformation. Though Hot Rod had multiple transformation schemes in that same movie so fuck my life nothing matters holy shit fuck G1 accuracy there is no accuracy it all makes no sense and changes every other scene reeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

He’s taller can point and his trailer is not crap. I want one. ER Optimus is a good toy but not THE defining Optimus figure. They always save the best for last.

3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    With that I agree, people are free to go look for themselves and form their own opinions like you and I have.

4. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All good,

I don't know your age, but I just can chime in quickly that the thinking that things were cheaper is a bit of a mix... for some things yes, but a lot of things, it wasn't cheaper at all... do to inflation, I love to take a moment at times and use a inflation calculator... it explains SO FREAKING MUCH to why I could barely afford some things (food especially) in the 80-90s... 20$ then felt like a huge lot compared to today for many things.

And you have to consider that even older people, were young then, starting to work, making ends meet, etc. and some things were seriously out of reach.

That's part of why I'm so stubborn ... I want those that aren't financially stable to still be able to afford the hobby, because I do remember how it sucked at times... and for someone with passion for it, that toy could be a source of a bit of happiness.

Is that wrong?

• Like Like x 2
  5. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hqdefault.png

• Like Like x 4
  6. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Knight Automated Roving Robot

News Credits:
    He's been reading this thread.

• Like Like x 24
  7. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Oh really, I guess not where I live? That was before I ever got online and knew there were actually other fans out in the world lol. First time was summer 2006, when 2007 "Transformers" wasn't even known of other then the name/theater release date & the flat nose red semi 'Optimus Prime' semi with trailer shown at SDCC, IIRC.

Wayy back in 2002 I was going by whatever I learned from the packaging & advertisements, so I didn't hear of names like Gigacon & Maxcon til in the last decade or so thinking those were Japanese class names, so I appreciate the info. I knew of the Super Class (Armada/Energon Optimus Prime's) :-D

• Like Like x 2
  8. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    In the end, all "collecting longer" means is that you just have more experience in spending money than others and unfortunately likely have a lot more purchasing regrets over the years from doing it.

• Like Like x 5
  9. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

Is it really though? I can remember a few instances in the cartoon where Rodimus was not only taller than Optimus, but also just as tall as Ultra Magnus. To be fair though, Rodimus' height is one of the most inconsistent things in the G1 cartoon.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

I agree with your issue with the shoulder design. I do hope it isn't a self fulfilling prophecy and breaks on me years from now.:cry 
    But hey, pitfalls of toy collecting:confused: . And what really hits you in the gut is when you are so careful and it still breaks.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Aldetron

Aldetron Seeker

News Credits:
    30325E51-F7AC-4E5A-8440-A1AF293CB275.jpeg

Does not look very close here.

I for one am looking forward to this release. Not perfect but still something I will not pass up for $80.

• Like Like x 12
  12. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    I actually always thought he was a little taller?

But then I also always thought Hot Rod and Rodimus were supposed to be a little similar and also be engineered in a similar fashion until this thread came along and I learned that that is actually a problem for some, too. This thread has taught me a lot about people's different perceptions of Rodimus.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

This just in: I'm old.
    :p 

• Like Like x 6
  14. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I know, that’s why I added it on to the post about how Rodimus is simultaneously Scorponok and Hot Rod’s height. It was something someone else stated in the thread. In fact, I used that exact picture to disprove it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus was rebuilt by Alpha Trion. Rodimus was personally powered up by the Matrix... as Galvatron was re-created by Unicron. I don't mind either of them being taller than Optimus and Megatron.

• Like Like x 4
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Why?

• Like Like x 9
  17. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

It depends. One can be a new collector who knows a lot, and an old collector who has been sheltering in place for 20 years and doesn't know anything about the business. That said, the fans here tend to better informed about the business, and if the issue at hand is a matter of history, the experience can matter.

Which makes me wonder why Optimus wasn't powered up by the Matrix as well? I mean, I know the reason is the writers were making shit up on the spot and between lines of coke weren't expecting to be held to account for continuity in 2021, but, within universe, what was the difference? Was it the act of opening the Matrix that did it? If so, why did he shrink once he passed the Matrix back to Prime?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Probably because Hot Rod is "The Chosen One" so he gets favoritism from the Matrix/Primus/Whatever

• Like Like x 5
  19. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    I already find the leader class a little tall. Not for me

20. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Adhering to bot scale over alt mode scale has made my collecting life so much more fun. I agree.

• Like Like x 5