First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, some are aimed at adult collectors, as we all know. If anybody buys an MP-44 for that 9yr old asking for Optimus, you might have missed something. And when he starts crying and say "but I wanted the one in the movie", please don't blow your money on a Bayverse MP Op.

...and then sell me that MP44; I need a Carly replacement and vehicle mode!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Parts count is higher which also translates to better poseability. Significantly more paint. You can go ahead and weigh these figures and compare them to previous generations' examples of identical size classes and find it's about the same. Lots more accessories.

I'll take what we're getting over the unpainted, hollow, limited poseability of previous lines all day, every day.

4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Charlie-DAY.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  5. Fafnir72

20210311_215630.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. Adam21

Adam21 Well-Known Member

wow, the full figure looks great! I wonder if you can compress the alt mode more than the first pic's show.
    Robot mode looks fantastic, other than the face sculpt. Man, I DO NOT like that face sculpt at all. Why does Rodimus look so angry???? Doesn't suit the character at all imo. Hopefully someone will make a different face sculpt where he's not frowning.

7. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Doomer Hot Rod
    372FDFEB-0419-42FC-A8B8-86ED1B91C776.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    again, if you don’t like what’s happening with toys and where they’re going it’s time to do what everyone around you did and grow up and stop collecting

you wanna call SS86 hotrod cheap? Cool? Okay? I got mine in January and I’ve played with mine so much he’s already starting to wear and I’m probably gonna have to get another because I think he’s one the best figures we’ve gotten in a couple years and I’m not even a hotrod fanboy. I just find him fun and isnt that’s what important? A toy being fun?

Honestly do the people who bitch about this stuff and their price just come from people who are lirtally just buying this shit to just toss on a shelf and never play with them? Because that’s what it feels like. You don’t feel rodimus is worth $80? Okay? Is it because you’re wanting him to just stand on a shelf and that’s it? Then I guess he’s not worth the money maybe

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Adam21

Adam21 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You do know that there is no real polite way to reply that as that's a freaking insult to anyone that doesn't find a toy as "perfect" as you think it is.

I've stated already that I've seen a LOT of people give up and move away because of the quality issues and the ever increasing prices.

SS86 IS cheap (as a voyager class) and the shoulder/arms are badly designed, it's a fact that you don't want to see or believe, then good for you, tap yourself on the back.

Did I say that I don't like him? no... I think that he looks great and does have some good qualities, but I'm not going to lie about it being the second coming when he is nothing more than what should be a Deluxe, and not a voyager.

Dude, I've been collecting most probably longer than you've been alive, I've learned to see what's a proper value for prices, and refuse to accept bullshit when I see it. I've caved for some figures that I wanted, even though I knew as I took my wallet out (or click that button) that I was being taken for what was a joke, but as a collector, I know that it happens... but when people keep going on and one making it worse for everyone and feed the market and companies and even thank them over it... you can bet that I'll refuse to agree and bitch, because it IS the right thing to do as a collector, and as someone that only wants others to NOT be prices out of something they enjoy.

I want something done right, nothing more.. a proper value for what I'm paying.

It's freaking ridiculous how so many cannot grasp that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    you do know calling a figure cheap is an insult too right? Oh but it’s okay because the designer and/or toy itself can’t defend it so it’s okay right?

I don’t care if you’ve been collecting longer than how old I am. That doesn’t mean anything other than you come off as you think you have some weird superiority complex over your peers

• Like Like x 6
  13. Fafnir72

Same old wrinkled face like the PotP Rodimus.o_O 

14. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Insult to a toy?... dear God.. just wow... it's cheap... dude, get over it... he's not your child. He has thin panels that could been easily fixed be having him 5 to 10 % larger, I would be freaking happy to talk to designers and tell them what's wrong with some details that would take almost all figures from a 7-8 to a 9-10... and any of them that took offense would be due to their own ego.

And did I hit a nerve? Holy hell.. I've been collecting for a long time, when it was laughed at, when almost no one else did it seriously, way before the geek chic became a thing. I have talked with others, read, seen, studied and so many things that it gives me experience that you will never have until you reach that level of experience and such, it's not a complex, it's a fact. I still learn every day and will take any new knowledge from anyone, even a newcomer simply because I know and respect that he might have some information that I haven't got.

But you, you're nowhere that... you're stomping your feet and projecting like you're the one that knows better and offers nothing more than "I played with my toy a lot and love it", while I've stated facts.

Kingdom has had a lot of quality issues, more than ER, which also had more than Siege. That Hasbro as a pattern to get cheaper and cheaper from one line to another and then hits the reset button just enough to feed the fans with better figures (but still with cheap aspects as gaps and lack of accessories), and increases the prices fairly hard.

I do find that Rodimus looks good to me, but not worthy of "commander" level... they used OP's trailer for a bait and switch, just like giving less (and cheaper) accessories and more gaps to Deluxes so that they could do Hot Rod with the accessories and lack of gaps that Deluxes should be like (especially with the price hikes), but made him a Voyager and have those that will eat it up do so.

If you want to defend these practices, all the power to you, I don't.

Hot Rod isn't perfect and should have been a "high level" Deluxe and I feel that I should have waited for a major sale on him, but the odds these days for the type of figure that he is will have very limited distribution makes that near impossible. And I feel that Rodimus is the exact same scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  15. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    It's an all-in-one transformation, meaning that the cab and trailer transform into the robot mode you see in the pictures.
    Pretty clever engineering!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

I love how this has turned into a cult flat-Earth-like conspiracy for some, Internet culture is f***in hilarious.

It's way more cut-and-dry than this...
    ...there is a slight possibility, just slight, that Transformers collectors are just fans of Transformers. Transformers collectors are simply looking for important characters of the franchise to be created for purchase, and get excited when it becomes a reality. People don't focus on how good we got it nowadays.

But hey, if some want the plastic quality to be what it was during BW/ Armada era (or, even more durable, 80's plastic/ diecast mix), you have a mission, and it ain't joining the pointless, miserable, deadend existence of the multiple Internet hate cultures and chewing on "Remember Berries".

...somehow get today's kids more into toys and less into electronics, that way company toy budgets will be more generous...
    ...fix the world's economy so that everything is cheaper...
    ...somehow stop inflation...

Other than that, HasTak plastic quality is the least of our problems, along with other companies in general. All employees want more money. Everybody's cutting corners. Everything is more expensive. That's life. Some of us just learned that years ago, and stopped bitching about it. It's not HasTak worship; that's just yet another hate culture scapegoat assessment (as usual). It's facing reality and making the best of it. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like Like x 11
  17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

I feel sorry for you

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arguments on TFW?

Must be a day that ends in Y.....

• Like Like x 16
  19. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    As you state.. people to remember "how good it was", which I understand very well.

But you also state "Everything is more expensive", which is somewhat faulty...

1) I can see Hasbro trying to survive as it's seen other very large companies going down, which no one expected, but you have to consider what the errors were to cause such companies went down.

2) manufacturing has only dropped in expenses, companies like Hasbro have move their productions over and over to the cheaper man force they could get. Technology has boomed so much.. chemical plants can produce more and cheaper (price wise) plastic than in the last 50 years, Designing used be be tedious and elaborate, required several test molds and modifications, adjustments , etc. Today, it's done on computers that simplify the design phase by months if not years, and then 3D printing and such for prototypes costs but a tiny fraction than it used to.

3) manufacturing is so cheap that you get KO and third parties doing them for a fraction of the price with many matching the "quality" if not surpassing it. Go to any dollar store and you will (or such) find many products that are quite detailed and some even of decent quality at barely a dollar or two. And none of these companies/people are going broke, they are making money, enough to make it worth it. Just the automation that requires even less man power has driven cost down by a very large amount.

For me, it's not about hating or reminiscing, it's about being truthful about the pricing of things... it would cost them pennies to add a proper gun, even if a generic one, to all the figures that haven't one... small gap panels are the same. A companie like Hasbro has the money and the ability to do things better, but go cheap and don't really care because the market for TFs and many of their lines are supported by fans that defend these practices.

I will bitch for figures that aren't worth what I paid and have defects, and I will praise those that I consider proper. SS Blitzwing for example, one complaint.. the chest part lacks a proper locking system, but aside that I love the darn thing... and I can say the same for every figure that I have... love almost all of them, but all lack that "one" (or two) small thing that would elevate it from good/decent to great.

Somehow, that's too much to ask according to many.

Trouble is, Hasbro is pushing more and more people out... and it's going to hurt them eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  20. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    :rolleyes: 
    :lolol