First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Insult to a toy?... dear God.. just wow... it's cheap... dude, get over it... he's not your child. He has thin panels that could been easily fixed be having him 5 to 10 % larger, I would be freaking happy to talk to designers and tell them what's wrong with some details that would take almost all figures from a 7-8 to a 9-10... and any of them that took offense would be due to their own ego.

And did I hit a nerve? Holy hell.. I've been collecting for a long time, when it was laughed at, when almost no one else did it seriously, way before the geek chic became a thing. I have talked with others, read, seen, studied and so many things that it gives me experience that you will never have until you reach that level of experience and such, it's not a complex, it's a fact. I still learn every day and will take any new knowledge from anyone, even a newcomer simply because I know and respect that he might have some information that I haven't got.

But you, you're nowhere that... you're stomping your feet and projecting like you're the one that knows better and offers nothing more than "I played with my toy a lot and love it", while I've stated facts.

Kingdom has had a lot of quality issues, more than ER, which also had more than Siege. That Hasbro as a pattern to get cheaper and cheaper from one line to another and then hits the reset button just enough to feed the fans with better figures (but still with cheap aspects as gaps and lack of accessories), and increases the prices fairly hard.

I do find that Rodimus looks good to me, but not worthy of "commander" level... they used OP's trailer for a bait and switch, just like giving less (and cheaper) accessories and more gaps to Deluxes so that they could do Hot Rod with the accessories and lack of gaps that Deluxes should be like (especially with the price hikes), but made him a Voyager and have those that will eat it up do so.

If you want to defend these practices, all the power to you, I don't.

Hot Rod isn't perfect and should have been a "high level" Deluxe and I feel that I should have waited for a major sale on him, but the odds these days for the type of figure that he is will have very limited distribution makes that near impossible. And I feel that Rodimus is the exact same scenario.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    It's an all-in-one transformation, meaning that the cab and trailer transform into the robot mode you see in the pictures.
    Pretty clever engineering!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

I love how this has turned into a cult flat-Earth-like conspiracy for some, Internet culture is f***in hilarious.

It's way more cut-and-dry than this...
    ...there is a slight possibility, just slight, that Transformers collectors are just fans of Transformers. Transformers collectors are simply looking for important characters of the franchise to be created for purchase, and get excited when it becomes a reality. People don't focus on how good we got it nowadays.

But hey, if some want the plastic quality to be what it was during BW/ Armada era (or, even more durable, 80's plastic/ diecast mix), you have a mission, and it ain't joining the pointless, miserable, deadend existence of the multiple Internet hate cultures and chewing on "Remember Berries".

...somehow get today's kids more into toys and less into electronics, that way company toy budgets will be more generous...
    ...fix the world's economy so that everything is cheaper...
    ...somehow stop inflation...

Other than that, HasTak plastic quality is the least of our problems, along with other companies in general. All employees want more money. Everybody's cutting corners. Everything is more expensive. That's life. Some of us just learned that years ago, and stopped bitching about it. It's not HasTak worship; that's just yet another hate culture scapegoat assessment (as usual). It's facing reality and making the best of it. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

I feel sorry for you

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arguments on TFW?

Must be a day that ends in Y.....

• Like Like x 16
  6. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    As you state.. people to remember "how good it was", which I understand very well.

But you also state "Everything is more expensive", which is somewhat faulty...

1) I can see Hasbro trying to survive as it's seen other very large companies going down, which no one expected, but you have to consider what the errors were to cause such companies went down.

2) manufacturing has only dropped in expenses, companies like Hasbro have move their productions over and over to the cheaper man force they could get. Technology has boomed so much.. chemical plants can produce more and cheaper (price wise) plastic than in the last 50 years, Designing used be be tedious and elaborate, required several test molds and modifications, adjustments , etc. Today, it's done on computers that simplify the design phase by months if not years, and then 3D printing and such for prototypes costs but a tiny fraction than it used to.

3) manufacturing is so cheap that you get KO and third parties doing them for a fraction of the price with many matching the "quality" if not surpassing it. Go to any dollar store and you will (or such) find many products that are quite detailed and some even of decent quality at barely a dollar or two. And none of these companies/people are going broke, they are making money, enough to make it worth it. Just the automation that requires even less man power has driven cost down by a very large amount.

For me, it's not about hating or reminiscing, it's about being truthful about the pricing of things... it would cost them pennies to add a proper gun, even if a generic one, to all the figures that haven't one... small gap panels are the same. A companie like Hasbro has the money and the ability to do things better, but go cheap and don't really care because the market for TFs and many of their lines are supported by fans that defend these practices.

I will bitch for figures that aren't worth what I paid and have defects, and I will praise those that I consider proper. SS Blitzwing for example, one complaint.. the chest part lacks a proper locking system, but aside that I love the darn thing... and I can say the same for every figure that I have... love almost all of them, but all lack that "one" (or two) small thing that would elevate it from good/decent to great.

Somehow, that's too much to ask according to many.

Trouble is, Hasbro is pushing more and more people out... and it's going to hurt them eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  7. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    :rolleyes: 
    :lolol 

8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well, as someone who has actually bought all of Kingdom so far, I can safely say that's not true.

• Like Like x 13
  9. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    no I really do. I legit feel sorry for you and I hope and pray that I never become as self centered and so entitled and jaded as you that I just spend all my complaining about toys but considering that I enjoy the stuff I get and find the fun in them I’m not too worried

• Like Like x 10
  10. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    well when you act like transformers are next to power tools and not power rangers in a store like he obviously does what do ya expect from someone like him

• Like Like x 2
  11. Not Blitzwing

Not Blitzwing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    zjnolFn.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  12. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

That's always what's it come down to for me. Obviously, I'll weigh it against price. If I don't think I'll enjoy it for how much it costs, I let it go. This is why I don't have any POTP Optimus or Nemesis Primes. I didn't care for them. But Earthrise on the other had was totally worth it for a new Prime. I loved his trailer and all the gimmicks it came with.

At the same time, I've bought some duds over the years that felt like a waste of money. But for the most part, it's all about having fun. Posing them, taking pictures, using the blast effects(!).

I can understand some people being upset that they can't afford every figure they want (I'll never be able to afford an original G1 Starscream). But we have to keep in mind that these are toys meant to be enjoyed. When it stops being enjoyable, we have to think if it's still worth investing time and money. That's pretty much why I don't collect Superman and Larfleeze merchandise anymore. I had to step away.

• Like Like x 8
  13. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Just go in the Kingdom thread...there's a good hundred posts at least (probably a LOT more than just a hundred) of people having parts breaking on them...

My BA tab snapped when I was ubber gentle with it... just like a good dozen if not more other members have reported.. Cheetor's neck... that felt like the thread was just about that for a while... etc.

I'm not arguing it, I'm stating a fact, go look for yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i love how we're equating insulting a literal piece of plastic with insulting a person. i think your kingdom figures are leaking some lead into your brain....

• Like Like x 2
  15. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    God.. it's funny how you need to save face and be condescending like this.

You are so freaking wrong it's even funnier that you keep at this.

Dude, I'm here to have fun, and I've helped members at every chance I got.

But I do state what's on my mind and I am simply not biased about any of the toys... I do love them otherwise I wouldn't be collecting since childhood, but I will point out the flaws, especially when they could have been so easily prevented.

But you do what you need to feel good about yourself...

Just remember... whatever I dished out, you asked for it as I always respond in kind.

• Like Like x 2
  16. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:

Nah. This ain't it, chief. You can describe a thing without insinuating anything about its creator.

• Like Like x 4
  17. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Commander rodimus was never meant to be toon accurate. Just look at the colors, the spoiler, the exterior of the trailer. Toy accurate signs are all over the place with no toon accurate signs

• Like Like x 5
  18. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    my comparison is the fact that people on here think they can say why they want because it doesn’t have representation on here but the moment they feel their feelings are hurt it’s “you can’t say that to me” Which is pretty sad.

Is that why I got a DM from someone here who said “just give up the guy. He’s a dick who only believes in his own mentality and refuses to listen to what anyone else and argues all the time over how he only he’s right with everything and isn’t worth it”

like I said. I feel sorry for you.

• Like Like x 7
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hyperbole never really helped anyone's argument, has it?

• Like Like x 10
  20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's all they got left.

• Like Like x 3