First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Nate98

Nate98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Next they'll be saying he's so bad and undersells that Hasbro will go bankrupt and John Hasbro will be out on the streets begging for money.

• Like Like x 6
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nobody can simply "just not like" something anymore. Now they gotta get on their high horse how the thing they don't like was justifiably/morally wrong, and is a mistake to have ever existed and so-on-and-so-forth, making up a whole population of people out of whole cloth to support them and their fragile egos. Social media toxicity at work.

• Like Like x 15
  3. VectorOracle

VectorOracle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree, probably the closest one is MP-01, but even he can't hold his fully.

4. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would see this as you would have sent that spaceship into the sun with a "if I can't have and use them, they you can't either and will never create utopian worlds to save the world's population", and once I get the message from Fixit that the plans for the machine was destroyed as I destroyed mine, I would see you coming and would sit back and accept death knowing that I stopped you.

What would be interesting would be if RODIMUS would end up having a third mode so that the trailer also has a shuttle type mode that Micromaster could use and would be part of the upcoming Ark scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This guy looks like he will complement MP10 better than the WFC line.

6. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are only six Commanders I want, off-hand:

Rodimus Prime
    G1 Optimus re-do
    Powermaster Optimus Prime
    Laser Optimus Prime/Scourge
    Ultra Magnus
    Tornedron

With the exception of Tornedron, I'd rather most of these have a regular mode fairly close to Voyager height with accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    He's got at least one ER ramp joint on his trailer, which would make his battle platform look like a death tower to any Micromasters.

And I think most of us assume the Ark will have some kind of city mode for Core/MM guys. Especially with that reported Teletraan-1. It'd be shocking if it didn't link up since I believe both Omega and Scorpy did.

IF it has a city mode.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nate98

Nate98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you considered Rodimus is a popular character that has appeared in most modern TF media, was essentially one of the main characters of the 86 film which is celebrating its anniversary this year. So it's kind of a no brainer they chose him to be the new commander figure they'll be hyping up for this year.

Also they put him in commander to possibly avoid the issues ER Optimus had with his trailer in terms of engineering and paint. So they can give a more complete package as people have gone through many many times.

If he was a leader his trailer wouldn't be as big nor as involved, people would still complain for different reasons and still buy toy hax and nonnef kits to make him better.

I understand having criticisms of a figure but damn this is kinda going overboard.

• Like Like x 19
  9. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Man....
    Want it now....

• Like Like x 1
  10. VectorOracle

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If we even get a Tornedron, wouldn't it more likely be in RED or a Super 7 thing? I doubt they'd put someone that obscure in Generations at all, let alone Commander, even considering some of the more oddball figures that have shown up in Generations lately. I'm thinking that especially if we get a RED Metroplex (proving that they're willing to do figures bigger than "deluxe" size or whatever they're doing right now), Tornedron could make a great BAF, despite the scale. Definitely agree with your other picks though, I'd love to see what they can do with those guys. I'm personally still holding out for Star Saber (And any other big JG1 guys), maybe another giant Cybertron Starscream, possibly Prime Predaking, and Tidal Wave and Energon Omega for everybody who wants those guys.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nate98

Nate98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn now that you mentioned it, while I'm hyped to see the final product and look for titan arks ship mode and robot mode I forgot about the 3rd mode/city mode they do for most titans bar the combiner ones.
    I wonder what it'll be like?

Or just the Ark opened up a bit so the core figures can interact with it and maybe the bigger figures too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What would Tornedron even look like?

• Like Like x 4
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's supposed to have a pseudo-playset mode, so probably just opened up in a way that can sort of resemble the floor layout of Autobot Base/The Ark in the cartoon, and taking advantage of the Teletraan-1/Mainframe companion figure that it's been rumoured to come with.

• Like Like x 5
  14. VectorOracle

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Probably just a giant spider thingy with a flamey translucent orange brain-like piece for the center. No way they'd do him at the size he was in the show though, he was MASSIVE iirc.

Edit: Nevermind, I got his "forms" mixed up. My guess is they'd try to do a hybrid and do the brain face thing and have accessories that you can attach to reference his other forms.

15. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

If this were true they can get away with it since that is exactly what he became in the Japanese continuity.

Commander Class Micro Master... articulated fingers and face.

• Like Like x 3
  16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    And if they're feet are that cold, all we can really exp are more of same redone G1 Season 1-3 (Maybe S4) characters over and over again and nothing else.

The last two and half years we've got a good 85%-90% of the 1st three Sunbow season's characters (a few season 1 characters twice). So what's wrong with expanding in the obscure realm more at this point? If they fear the obscure ending up shelfwarming then they need to pick up on what the MCU has been doing the last 20 years. No one knew who the GOTG were 7 years ago.

So instead of continuously kissing Prime, Bee and Starstreams ass in mediocre at best projects, why not find some writers and producers who actually give a damn who could make a character like "Xaaron" Starlord status?

Then finally release a quality Xaaron figure. Sooner rather than later.

Well I did say "many" people, not "all". So if you disagree then enjoy just having that one $80 Rodimus figure instead of what could've been.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    I guess that's acceptible for those who co-sign everything that Hasbro does.

Help me understand why being happy with a Leader class Rodimus that's better than that PotP one would spoil any celebrating?

Seriously, how is wishing Hasbro had considered making two popular figures this year instead of 1 arguably overpriced one "going overboard"? Would you not have bought them both if Hasbro did make a different commander and you liked it???

That's all I was saying and others have agreed.

18. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because it wouldn't be as highly-engineered as the one we're getting at Commander class.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God, this is the worst kind of discourse. We're not all in a Hasbro cult just because we like a figure you don't.

• Like Like x 28
  20. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Who said I didn't like it......?
    It may not be a "cult" but some of you sure do like to change the hell out of a narrative in hopes of discrediting someone opinion and getting a few likes.
    Sorry but bendable fingers don't fully justify $80. At least not for some of us...

• Like Like x 1