First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

Well at least they'd look good at the same size! Transformers Kingdom Rodimus Prime Vs Leader Optimus Prime Compared (1)__scaled_600.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  2. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

I’ve always wanted more love from Car Robots/RiD 2001.
    It was a silly series, but so awesome.

My Unite Warriors Baldigus is still my fav combiner that I own. (Besides Maketoys Quantron).
    I wish we’d get more callbacks like that!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

I like Earthrise Prime a lot, and I disagree that he isn’t good, but I agree with some of that. The proportion of chest to belly is more subtle with Siege, for sure, and his torso to leg proportions do seem a bit better. The exposed wheels on ER Prime’s legs didn’t really bother me... until I consider that Siege did it, so why couldn’t they carry it over? To keep within budget, as they were including a trailer as well? Maybe, but I’m not convinced.

ER does other things better however, folding up elements into the chest rather than onto his back like Siege. (Although Siege’s isn’t bad compared to many.) He has exposed wheels, but hides other kibble. (Compare their forearms in particular. I like the Gatling gun options but Siege’s arms are a bit messy.

I think my ideal Voyager scaled Optimus Prime would incorporate elements of both.

But now we’re off topic... ummmm...

Go Rodimus! Looking forward to Hasbro’s update. Oh and while Hotrod looks good, I’m not a faux chest fan, so very glad Rodimus transforms properly in that regard. I understand the reasoning for Hotrod but I would prefer sacrificing cartoon representation for a little bit more bulk if parts move to proper places. Which it looks like we’re getting with Rodimus anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MehWave

MehWave Well-Known Member

Ok, well, when I'm 90 and arthritis has set in and I'm relegated to one-step changers, who's gonna wheel me around the house and say "c'mon Grandad, tell me all about your collection of Go-Robots again," while actually only just planning to get me rambling incoherently while they raid my cupboard for delicious Werther's Originals those rambunctious little scamps ...
    Wait, what was the question?

• Like Like x 14
  5. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

CF70B0D0-EEBF-4F85-8A27-F8A57871CB26.jpeg 7583C244-C1AA-4166-966B-D821E7808211.jpeg

I can’t prove it, but my guess is both of them were drawing no small amount of inspiration from the studio ox stuff.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Take the money you would have spent on raising children, invest it, and then when you're 90 use that money to hire a live-in nurse with a butterscotch fetish.

• Like Like x 10
  7. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

In all honesty, I think it's perfectly fine that some figures are of a smaller size class, but with a trailer/extra accessories. I understand that prices for Transformer toys are more expensive, and that does suck, but in the past few years I believe that the new versions of certain characters blow away ones from the past, and I think Rodimus is another example of that. I just saw the pictures of POTP and Kingdom RP from another poster, and my god... the differences are kind of night and day. I know that the POTP was trying to do something different, and I can appreciate that, but visually it doesn't look as good as the Kingdom version. If it weren't for the Commander class, we probably wouldn't have gotten Rodimus with a trailer in the first place, but that's just my guess. Or maybe we would get the trailer, but no guns inside it. I really think the way that some characters were made in the WFC trilogy opens up opportunities for getting new versions of characters who had a battle station, or huge trailer of some sort, and having them keep those extra parts/accessories that they originally came with.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime You shall not pass!

News Credits:
    What the hell is wrong with people in this thread?

• Like Like x 13
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doggone. Did you actually read what I said when I quoted you? And pay attention? I actually praised you for getting it, finally. I was using that part of the post as a springboard to address others (not you) that continue going on and on with the retool nonsense. My use of "you" was generalized and not aimed directly at you. My gosh.

You can transform the trailer/body into a weapons platform of sorts. It's not perfect, but it's in there. I'll upload a pic I have, when I get a chance.

This can still be incorrect, though. Instructions have been garbage for a decade, easy. Just because it's in the instructions doesn't mean it's the final transformation. It could be though, either way, people are still going to buy it. Look at how often hidden features appear because Hasbro couldn't be arsed to do it right the first time. Heck, it was up to Takara-Tomy to fix SS Jetfire's instructions so we knew where the abdomen piece for Optimus went that was included with him. Plus, they gave us instructions on how to form his gun (IIRC), or maybe that was YouTube videos...either way Takara-Tomy fixed issues with their instructions where Hasbro has not. Also, these are photographed by a photographer who doesn't work for the manufacturer, so they're not going to know how to transform it properly if they tried.

Either way, it's going to sell, elongated alt mode or no.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

IDK why some ppl are upset with this figure.

Me personally, I like it. Only gripe I have is the longer cab in vehicle mode, but I also applaud Hasbro for giving us a cab, that has some kind of alt mode, to play with independently from the trailer because there was no way that was happening with the original G1 toy.

Granted, I am on a mission to retire from figure collecting, so paying commander class price for a Rodimus that is going to scale well with my current, WFC, Netflix, and SS86 collection feels like a deal for someone in my position.

Also, I remember 2006 when we got classics and thinking how amazing those were at that time and now those feel like garbage compared to these recent releases. Imagine if we got what we're getting now for classics? We would have been in glory mode. Earthrise Prime's biggest problem is that there are so many options for a G1 prime that it feels like it falls short in some areas, but to me... it's a perfectly fine Prime figure, and I feel the same about this Rodimus Prime figure.

Can't wait to add him to my collection. :) 

• Like Like x 9
  11. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 ACCESS FLASH

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Takaratomy designed this, NOT Hasbro..FYI

13. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics are garbage?

Holy crap I didn't get that memo...

To everyone: Please feel free to send me all that worthless junk my way, I'm sure that I can find a hole somewhere to "dispose" of them.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Endertrot

Endertrot Well-Known Member

I mean. look at ER Prime's butt wheels, someone on the Hastak design team is definitely taking some pages out of the Ox notebook

• Like Like x 7
  15. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Uh no.
    Send them to me.

• Like Like x 7
  16. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    Transformers Siege Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  17. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    Some are smarter than others.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Just this thread?

They don't fold away though, they're already covered by the wheel wells in alt mode.

• Like Like x 7
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't do that. There's no need to derail the thread in such a manner. Someone will take that personally because you're only half-joking and it's just going to cause trouble.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Nope. At the height of the Unicron thread, we had people who were making actual arguments that all of us would get a free Unicron if only we lived in a communist world.

• Like Like x 15