First Look at Bee's new head design for the Bee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transformers Database, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Head looks fine and the title is simple and to the point. Although, I would've preferred "Bumblebee: A Transformers Story" myself. ;) 

2. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure your winking smiley is alluding to this, but yeah, that is too similar to a somewhat popular series…

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know. I just couldn't help myself. :D 

4. TexasBEAST

TexasBEAST Arch-Analyzer

The Province of the Solitary Astral Phenomenon
    I agree. I hated the movies, but even I know that in film, a story is totally different from a script. That's why you often see separate "Story by--" and "Screenplay by--" credits. It's not enough to simply say "Written by" anymore.

So someone can come up with an idea to pitch a studio: the hook. Someone else might write up an outline or story that expands that basic idea out into acts and maybe even pivotal turning points or beats: the treatment. And then someone else might expand that treatment out into specific scenes, with dialog and stage directions: the script or screenplay. And someone else might go even further and integrate individual pages of that script with the production schedule and a list of whatever resources are available on set at any given time: the shooting script.

Making a movie on just a story/outline/treatment is hella risky. Normally a completely thought out screenplay is necessary, so you can follow the drama all the way through from beginning to end, and hopefully catch any wasteful or nonsensical material that doesn't really contribute to the drama and snuff it out along the way. With most movies being produced with their scenes completely out of order, having a previously well mapped out script is the only reliable way to ensure that you are sticking to a solid plan, and not straying off into garbage territory.

We certainly can debate whether the risk was worth it in this case. But it's not like they just made it up totally on the fly.

I think cocky, arrogant, so-called auteur directors are especially wont to go this route. They seem to think that their particular brand of setting up shots or throwing characters into the action or incorporating colors or shadows or whatever can totally carry films, and that everything else is minor or even disposable. And I think this might be a major weakness with the movies up to this point.

But I didn't expect much from Thor: Ragnarok, and that movie totally cracked me up. So I remain open-minded about a non-Bay-led TF flick.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Not thrilled with the head design (at least judging by what we see here). Wasn't expecting full on G1, but was hoping to like it better than previous movie versions. I don't expect them to wipe the slate clean and start over, but they certainly could've evolved the design in a better direction. It's not like a major redesign would've been unprecedented in this series. Look how much they've played around with Megatron's look. They don't need to burden the movie with a tired old Bayverse design when the color coding will be more than enough to sell to audiences that it's the same character.

It's not all negative... I do like the typography!

• Like Like x 2
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    But there's no much point in it being the same character if he looks totally different. He's practically the face of the movies. Changing that face would be pretty dumb.

I gotta love how a lot of people are complaining that Bumblebee looks too much like Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 12
  7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He hasn't looked like bumblebee in 10 years
    He looks like a yellow twisted pile of rubble with a weird floating heel and a ball gag.

Original BB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All that lineage and Bay does this to him:

[​IMG]

With this horrifying face
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    These characters only resemble each other in colour and in name. Personality is totally different too, regardless of the design. I'd still be ok with such a drastic change if it was an improvement, but we went from "little brother, friendly, scout" to an emoji, essentially. A mute, puppy-minded Minion. But who cares? Explosions! Coming to think of it, this Bumblebee example could be used as an analogy for what Bayformers turned Transformers into.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  9. swbruni

swbruni Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bay destroyed all the transformers with the angles and millions of lines , they all suck balls .

• Like Like x 3
  10. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is everybody getting of topic lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. snokoan

News Credits:
    Ok we get it you don' t like the movies theres a simple way and that is don't go to the movie forum being salty because someone will. React negatively

12. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    That is a simple way to conform. I don't want that. I want good movies. I comment on the news about the movies. My comments are negative because the news aren't good. What is the meaning of discussion if it's a circle jerk of praise?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't like it, but it probably will look better for 70-80 car design. Hope, it's just simplified emblem. PS I enjoy Bumblebee's AOE look very much!

14. Peter J Rees

Peter J Rees G1 Jetfire's Fan Club!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    No ones reacting negatively,we are just voicing our dissapointment at 10 years of a terrible excuse of a Transformers film Franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Peter J Rees

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:

16. LegionofMordor

LegionofMordor Well-Known Member

I kinda like the new head of BB. It seems the iconic horns are back in a way. And the design looks more simplified.

17. snokoan

News Credits:
    No I mean a movie fan will react negatively they should know these movies aren' meant for the gwhiners yes got it from optibotimus there meant to be bring in New fans

18. snokoan

News Credits:
    Where' the horns?

19. Peter J Rees

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Once again I meet an idiot who thinks g1 Fans should be ignored. How dare you Dragon. You are the modern face of a new breed of Transformers Fans who think G1 Fans like myself should be seen and not heard. i am genuinely insulted by your po-faced comment. Fans like myself are the reason you got Transformers on the Big screen,remember that...... you also argue about the fact that characters like Batman were changed to look better on the Big screen,yes youre right ,but even then they still looked like their comic versions.

• Like Like x 2
  20. snokoan

News Credits:
    Can't we all be in peace like the old days

• Like Like x 1