First Look at Bee's new head design for the Bee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transformers Database, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    I wish it was. The writers have publically admitted it, Shia LaBeouf said "they riffed the entire thing without a single page of script". There absolutely literally was no script. Just an outline. Some bullet points. That's all.

And Jesus Christ, I just googled to find the interviews and news pieces that I have shared elsewhere too, and they have dissapeared from the internet... There are bits from the interview with the writers still on RalphTheMovieMaker's video about ROTF on youtube. That's the only thing I can still find in its place, if you don't believe me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You don't have to look at it as simply a G1 homage. There could a moment in the movie where Bumblebee says he doesn't like his Beetle form and hence this moment happens later on.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. skylight

skylight Well-Known Member

...Yay?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Even if that were true, that doesn't mean there is "literally no story".

5. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    Did you literally just outright say that "no script doesn't mean no story"? Is this how low we've fallen? Seriously?

• Like Like x 2
  6. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    I told my friend a story. It wasn't scripted. Guess it was just random words falling from my mouth.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    You made billions of that "story"? Did you sell it as a movie? Are you kidding me?

• Like Like x 1
  8. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    First you claimed no script means no story. Now you're saying it can be unscripted and work out just fine unless it makes money.

• Like Like x 2
  9. electronic456

News Credits:
    Things is, there are movies out there that are good and even classics that had no script when they were shooting....

According to Jeff Bridges, Iron Man (The first MCU movie!) apparently had no script when they were working. It's an article on io9 I believe.

Hell, classic movies like Lawrence of Arabia, Casablanca and Jaws also had no working script when they were shooting.

Now I understand in Transformers case, this is a skeptical thing to be thinking of. But to outright say, "No script, no story" is not true.

• Like Like x 3
  10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    You are really stretching your hatred of the movies when you make posts like this that are a complete non sequitur.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fallout

Fallout i can't hear a thing on the radio

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    and then you'll go protest companies for human rights abuses or wrecking the environment, right? or is the only thing worth protesting over your toy robots?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Can't really disagree with that. I imagined the gradual shift theory before the situation's direness became public (a lot faster than I thought it would: meaning it happened before talk of a "new direction"). If Hasbro's still holding onto the old timetable, this is probably it for Bayverse-alike assets, but if they slow down to figure things out, there's a small chance the Bee movie rocking it will affect future movies.

13. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

For some reason even though it was said early on this was a prequel to the current movie universe and no version of bee has ever looked that different no matter the year of car some had convinced themselves he would have a g1, foc look just because the film is set in the 80s and he's a beetle. I think the head looks fine and cant wait to see the rest of the robot mode. I'm really curious to see if he keeps his door wings or if he looses them like his aoe design

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    WHAT?!?!?!? WHAT!?!?!? Are you so desperate for a blow, that you'll twist my words to that degree? That's insane! If you're trolling me, you legitimately got me there. You can't be serious!

Dude, I specifically said "bullet points of a treatment", which is literally, what Orzi and Kurzman said in the interview, parts of which are included in RalphTheMovieMaker's youtube video. This is not even a treatment. These movies must have had outlines, but no screenplay, no written dialogues and must have been improvised to a great degree. This is a different thing to having no clue what you're doing until post production time comes. That was because of the writers' strike back then. Totally different situation. As if what's on screen on ROTF didn't speak volumes by itself, some people need to be outright told that what they believe is bullshit, and even then, they'll say the earth is flat. Baylovers, everyone!

Finally, you merry lot, have derailed yet another thread, so please, just leave it here. You started all this from a parenthesis, of a comment. That's even worse than strawmanning. Strawmanning for the parenthesis! Next level desperation.

• Like Like x 2
  15. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Hey, I was just chiming in because I noticed we got from "Bumblebee's head" to yet another fucking Jumacas talk about the movies. I don't give a shit if you don't like them. More power to you. I bet that 99.9% of everyone on these forums would get along just fine IRL. It's just hard to ignore when you make the most senseless and baseless posts in every thread that has nothing to do with what you're ranting about.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    That is the thing we are discussing here, so that's what's relevant. For all you know, the dude you're talking to might be Captain Planet himself. Just because there are far far bigger issues, doesn't mean any smaller one is meaningless. Cinema matters, a hobby that a person holds dear matters, storytelling is important, human culture is important.

Because, you and your merry company derail every initial relevant criticism and then blame it on the person who made the criticism! Just check my comments on this thread alone. What was my initial comment about? Did I start rambling by myself? Or maybe I was just responding to others? Always the same little kupas coming to mama Hasbro's defense, at any cost, on every topic. Case in point below...

You strawmmaned from a parenthesis in a post to which I was responding to something someone else posted only to defend your delusional love for terrible movies, and you dare say that to me with a straight face?

Every single time you lot come in, everything becomes personal all of a sudden. Never addressing someone's argument with a legitimate counter-argument. Just derailing and burying opinions and baiting like crazy. It's literally the same handful of people on every post, doing the same thing, defending the status quo and burying any voice of criticism! If you're not Hasbro shills, I don't know why you go to such lengths to do it so systematically. If all the people who criticize the direction that the franchise has taken, did it with the same religious devotion as you, we would probably have good movies and cartoons by now.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. electronic456

News Credits:
    OK here's the thing. My first post here was triggered by what you started with the back and forth that is going on.

There are other threads about the movieverse that you posted on which I didn't post on and you had all the luxury to voice your disapproval of the movies because I didn't want to waste my time arguing. I'm not haunting your life but you are kind of making some threads a bit uncomfortable to venture into.

Also weren't you 'gone' from the boards for a week or something before?

18. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I didn't strawman you. I used a direct quote from you which you then tried to back pedal on.

Bullshit.

More bullshit.

Wow, and you say I make things personal? Keep fighting the man.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    And I can't understand this either, because I (and the other people you're calling out) do level a fair share of criticism at the movies. Hell, I've logged on many times to alerts of you liking this or that post I made about flaws with them. No one takes issue with your criticisms, just how and where you make them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    We've had our quarrels a while ago, but you've been cool as of late and I appreciate that.

You have been saying that for a long time... What point is there to voice your dissaproval of the status quo, in a little echo chamber, tailor made thread, buried somewhere far deeper than the front page? Regardless, I express my opinion both there and on front page news, just about the same. As honestly and clearly as I can.

Someone thought the word "dummy" was an insult. Because we're in kindergarden, playing with toys, apparently.

Dude, I just respond! My initial comment was just my opinion of this news, and nothing else!

• Like Like x 1