First Look at Bee's new head design for the Bee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transformers Database, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    They can make better films in this settings, yes. But still not really good movies. Because there is no coherent vision for the world that these movies take place in. It hasn't been properly thought out from the start to support a great cinematic universe. It literally wasn't the plan from the start. That manifests in tonal inconsistencies, plot holes, characters behaving out of character, continuity errors and all of these things that have plagued this series of films in overabundance. The setting doesn't fit the characters or the concept itself. If the foundation is crooked, you can't build on it.
    I have great respect for what G1 accomplished and believe that the movies could take a ton of lessons from it if they payed attention (even for its shortcommings). That doesn't make me a G1 lover, in the sense that I think that you imply, which is "person stuck in the past". I am definitely not a G1 purist. Calling out Bayformers for being shitty, doesn't make one, by default, a geewunner. They are just terrible movies. Critics are not geewunners, for example.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find that hard to believe since u want a movie based on g1 material.
    I grew up with g1 i was born 81 but im not implying the movies should be. I like the movie esthetic with all the detail, wires, gears etc. but i dont like all the tf movie character iterations

3. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    You literally pulled that assumption out of your butt there, dude. I never said that's what I wanted. But, I don't appreciate them wearing a G1 hat on the Bayverse to bait long time fans, after taunting us for 10 years.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The X-Men movies have done great films despite all of the plot holes and inconsistencies they had, Logan is considered one of the best X-Men movie despite having some continuty errors, heck First Class doesnt fit well with X-Men 1-3, yet its loved by many, so why cant Transformers?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    Great point. But the X-Men universe is very loosely a universe because of that. Would you be ok with that? If, essentially, every movie exists in a sort of continuity vacuum, only resembling the others in some aesthetic staples and returning actors? Why not take the chance and care to do it right from the start? Without Bonaventura at the helm, preferably? Without a mute, puppy-minded Minion Bumblebee? Without dumb Decepticons? Without magical mystical mambo jumbo lore? Why not just wipe the slate clean, and get rid of the baggage that will inevitably create the need for constant retcons?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

Bingo!

I don't even like what The Last Knight did to the Creators, Galvatron, and Earth being Unicron, even though I loved Welker as Megatron. I don't like how it sidelined Drift, Hound, Crosshairs, and the Dinobots in favor of the Knights/Witwiccans and a bunch of random returning characters. However, I will still give future films a chance, because I enjoy movies based on films as individual movies and not based on what continuity they appear in.

And Logan is probably the best example there is. I don't even like how DoFP changed a bunch of stuff to appease fans; I'd rather the continuity live with the consequences. Nevertheless, Logan is easily my favorite X-Men film and among my top 2 or 3 big budget action films of the last ten years.

And my middle sentence there is the biggest takeaway. I would much rather movie series actually live with the consequences of past movies than start on a new slate, because when continuities are forced to do things with certain parameters is when film makers have to get creative. Most of the best Transformers fiction in my opinion (if other fans have different opinions, then that is their freedom) comes from when the original status quo is changed and many original characters are dead, forcing the creators to go in new directions and actually take major risks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    That would require the creators to actually care. Which they could have done at any point during the last 10 years, before wasting every major staple concept of the IP. And then there's that. If these people have thrived on empty promises for so long, even going as far as to taunt the established fanbase with their "creative" choices, time after time. Always promising different, but always delivering just about the same. Why trust them again? Why not trust someone else for once? That would be a truly major risk. Wearing a G1 hat on the Bayverse and putting on a new director with a script treatment chosen by the previous one, hardly seems to be. I think that comparing Bonaventura to the people behind X-Men, greatly overestimates him. We should finally be wiser to the act than that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

My biggest problem was getting rid of Kruger, whose stories and characters actually made sense in the fictional context and built on previous stories rather than ignoring them. I think the problem with the production is that they bought the (in my opinion) bullcrap line going around that Kruger "ruined" the Transformers movies...and ignored the fact that the three Kruger-written films were box office hits. It's like the production and/or writers thought, "Hey. we don't like what Kruger did, so let's throw it out the window to appease fans and critics who hated him." Which is a shame, because I thought the Kruger films were easily the more enjoyable Transformers films. And The Last Knight would have been a better film had it actually ran more with Kruger's stories rather than ignoring or minimizing them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hoped for his G1 head.

11. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    His stories might have been OK at best before Bay butchered them, but it wasn’t the average moviegoers who stopped coming because “err mah gherd, they got rid of Kruger,” and it would’ve been an increase from the fan base because by large most of them/us were ready for something different. These movies have slowly declined because of public fatigue and the fact that these have become a wait and rent kind of thing to most people. “Oh it’s another transformers movie, gonna be big and stupid, I’ll wait for red box.”

• Like Like x 4
  12. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good! :D 

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Funnily enough I had the term wrap party stuck in my head for no reason...

14. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly, I can barely tell the difference with and without Kruger amongst all the Bayhem. I don't know if he made anything better or worse, but nothing really cohesive, or actually great came out as a result. Actually, there's barely a difference between having a script, and having none (ROTF, infamously being shot using only bullet points of a treatment, at random and then put together in post in a way that would somehow resemble a three act structure - and yet there are people around here that honestly claim to like the "story", where there literally is none and the movie made a gaziliion dollars). Someone in the production must have given a quick look to some Transformers material at some point, but I don't know if he didn't get it, or he got it and everyone else didn't. There are clearly some superficial references throughout the whole series, but everything always felt like a twisted mirror. Like "I kinda remember this scenario from old times, but it was nothing like this". Maybe there were some honest intentions along the way? But most of the time, at least for me, the whole series always felt like taking everything silly from older material in the franchise and ampilfying it 100x, instead of delivering a version that would bring to life past ideas and characters that the fans love, without the limitations of the mediums that they initially appeared on.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    That head crest is a nice touch.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Awaiting Decepticons.. :tumbleweed: 

• Like Like x 2
  17. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not quite sure about that if fans created transformers for movies for them look big blocky boring looking with human faces transformers movies would not never ever have made new fans from these movies new fans of transformers thanks to live action movies is to bring new people in as fans don’t you fans want to see new fans of transformers if bots look like g1 versions of them selfs the only people will see live action transformers movie that have g1 designs are fans of transformers and not new fans of transformers why new fans of transformers do NOT like and will not go to see cartoons they are full grown adults who like adult stuff name one adult that does not have kids and is not part of transformers sites that watches cartoons,.

If first movie had boring blocky designs based on cartoons old fans will go see movie not new fans goal of these movies is bring new fans in do you old generation one fans want transformers be popular all over again as hey where in 80’s transformers will be thing of past fans created transformers in there’s own world and we would only guarantee get one live action movie about transformers and very lucky if first movie made it million if transformers look like they did in cartoons.

You g1 people who complain about bots designs in movies do NOT want transformers be popular all over again do you want transformers to fade away into nothing ness like thunder cats and only people that will be making transformers popular are people in these fan sites who complain alien bots from another planet not from earth look non human looking in faces name alien that looks nothing like human movies species, alien nation, splice, cocoon , do not count,.

I saw complaints about prime being fire truck in cartoon series if fans can get over that they can live with change bots being more realistic not man made on planet earth how bots look you complainers need accept change or move on if you old g1 fans do not like new fans of transformers that movies are making of people because bots do not look cartoony looking then you have no one blame but your self if you don’t like meet and see fans drivin around in cars with transformers stickers on there cars thanks to movies you need stick with cartoons and comics only old fans will like and new fans do not like that do not like and watch cartoons change is good batman went through changes same with comic book movies they went through change deal with bots realistic look and move on or don’t watch movies all together no one forces you to watch them.,

Tell your self this next new live action movie comes out will there new fans of transformers be seeing movies if bots had g1 look hell no do you like meeting new fans of transformers walking around stores, malls, do you like transformers be more popular as they where in 80 to now thanks to movies if you don’t like all things I mentioned you should stick with sites keep talking about what fans always talked about before movies where made tfcon, botcon, comics, cartoon, toys, statues, nothing else to add list

18. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oooh I’m getting the same excitement I had when we first saw the Bumblebee concept art for the first movie. I’m interested to see which direction the other robots’ designs go. I think we’ve had enough of the literal reflections of scorn meshing humans, so a ‘classic’ movie style like the first couple of movies had would be welcome, with maybe a hint of G1.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Maybe because it's in the same universe? What did people expect? This is not a reboot and it never was.

Either way, I like the look. It's a nice compromise between the old and the new.

• Like Like x 3
  20. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Hyperbole much?

• Like Like x 3