first look at Alternator OptimusPrime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 9, 2006.

1. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

are those sideswipe's rims?

2. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Drive-By

Drive-By Eschew Obfuscation...

I like how everyone is throwing up their arms and crying foul and the figure hasn't even been released yet.

I, for one, will reserve judgement till the figure is released and more pics are to be had.

4. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Apparently there are issues with them using the name Trailbreaker. Probably has something to do with GM having an SUV called Trailblazer (so that variation of the name is definitely not available). It's a pity they can't use the name as it is perfect for him.

I will probably get him and repaint it black to be Trailbreaker. Maybe even get a 2nd for Hoist, but that would be a bit more work finding and adding pieces to make him a tow truck. I will look into it though as he was always one of my favorite G1 characters.

As for Ironhide, I'm thinking more of getting a 2nd Skids to paint red & grey. That would look more like the cartoon G1 Ironhide than using this Prime as the base model for a kitbash.

:dj 

viva la vinyl!

5. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It still is more Ironhide to me.....
    Just do a damm red truck!

6. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I agree with the G2 gobot Prime thing, but wasn't gobot Prime a lambrogini like Sideswipe?
    Either way though it does look like gobot Prime with a faceplate.

7. t_p_us

t_p_us Well-Known Member

:thumbdown  :thumbdown  :thumbdown  OMG! It's just horrible! Why can't they just settle for the 20th anniversary Optimus as an Alternator. I know it wasn't part of the line, but it's pretty close to scale, and it works! It has Ironehide written all over it to me. Now, since Hasbro is so "remold happy", I swear on my wallet, I will NEVER buy another Transformer if they use this mold for a repaint. . . . :banghead: 

8. t_p_us

t_p_us Well-Known Member

Prowl still sucks . . .

Skids? I always loved. . . .

9. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I don't care, I love me some Alts and will buy this one when he comes out. I'll even buy the lazy repaints that come out cause I like the line so much. I just don't like the high shoulder stuff, that looks wierd. I meaqn how can you be an effective leader if you can't see fully to your right or left?

10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I agree. Prowl and Skids got hate or lukewarm initial reaction when their first pics appeared but afterwards they got love. I know that I really got to like the Prowl mold after playing with the toy and I loved the Skids mold even more once I got it too.

I think it'll be the same Optimus/Ginrai. Even the worst BT/Alt toy is not really that bad.

11. Namekjohn

Namekjohn Namekimus Prime

News Credits:
    mmmm im still gona buy this one it doesnt look that bad to me at all. my only gripe with the alternators are the weopons. ever since the took the barrel away from override/windcharger the weopons just kinda lacked. especialy prowl's and skid's guns (the bot ton on the other hand was great)

I loved the prowl mold and the paint scheme made me look very G1ish

Has anyone got a close up of primes gun?