first look at Alternator OptimusPrime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

I like it, I'll also like the inevitable Scourge repaint

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I still say the legs extend out. Like how Demolisher/Mudflap's legs do, thus revealing a true knee joint and making him in better proportions. I realize its kinda like Lazer Prime, but it just doesn't look obviously Prime to me... its a robot with his face on it :( 

Andy

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Probably. It's sad that that has happened so many times we've come to predict it with dead certainy.

And Nemesis Prime is more likely a name for a repaint than Scourge. Since this is based loosely on G1, calling him Scourge would suggest he's Mr. Flying Boat in new body. And that Scourge was just a wuss.

4. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I'm fine with it as Prime. But for the remold...............MOTORMASTER DAMMIT! The cons are so badly outnumbered it ain't funny.

And if they can't use the name.........call him Menasor, since its unlikely they'll be able to combine anyway.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    IMO I think any alternator prime we would get would be sub par. This is for the simple fact that most people consider MP PRIME to be the Alternators Prime. He is almost perfect in scale and its show acurate with great posability.

I will pick him up personally but it will be weird having him next to the rest of my alts with MP Prime there leading the way.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

6. x-ultramagnus-x

x-ultramagnus-x the trailer to the cab...

i kind of like it....im a bit at a loss here, the top is amazing, but yes I agree, the legs need work.
    I don't understand why they woudl use this mold as prime and not like everyone says, IRONHIDE OR TRAILBRAKER.
    I mean somone like prime deserves the true mold he truly is

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I like it and can't wait to get it. Trailbreaker can go to hell in his little force bubble.

8. Sero

Sero Well-Known Member

Im glad I can see others hate it as much as me. There was hope a month ago when i saw somewhere that Takara had cancelled Prime. I had hoped they would repaint it as trailbreaker or some other minor character.

9. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the spirit. Dunno why everyone's got such a hard on for Trailbreaker. These test shot pics and the BotCon ones aren't good, but the ones from BBTS and Entertainment Earth look great. I'd like to see how may of those on this board who have been bashing this mold end up liking it later on once better pics appear or when the figure gets released. It's going to be like Prowl and Skids all over again.

10. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Ooh, and Skids too :) 

I want the repaint and new head to be Motormaster.

Traibreaker... needs a different mold. A better mold than the Ford

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't they do something about those freakin' shoulders? I mean, this is ALTERNATORS for cryin' out loud! And, now that Hasbro doesn't have to go with Takara and call him Prime, maybe he'll be packaged under a different name. Have we seen completed packaging for him yet? I suppose, though, that Hasbro wouldn't do that, as they've already announced it as Prime. I'll buy it, but I doubt it'll be my favorite Alt. It'll probably be down there with Swindle or Swerve. Does anyone know if they've announced an Acura repaint yet?

-Tony!

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I want it. I really wish they'd something with those shoulder fenders, at least this Prime has an alt mode, instead of a random assortment of box like shapes, arranged to be shaped vaguely like a COE.

13. TheByTeR

TheByTeR Megatron's Abusive Father

I am more annoyed that they didn't make it the quad cab version of the pickup. If they had done that, it would have looked more like Optimus or Scourge. It looks too short in vehicle mode for Optimus as it is.

The legs do look a bit weird but I could deal with it as Scourge more so than Optimus. I think it is more the way the chest/torso plate comes down to the waist then the legs sticking out to almost the shoulder length, gives him an MC Hammer Prime look. The legs are also very boxy, they don't look as refined as the other Alts/BTs.

The choice of the maroon-red background was not a good idea for the picture. It really offsets the colors of the actual toy. The flash saturation could have been taken down if the photo were taken at a bit of an angle as well or just taken in natural light without a flash. It would give a better idea of the colors.

All that being said, if it still does see release as Scourge/Black Convoy/Nemesis that is the version I'll pickup...

14. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Anyone else having problems not getting the picture on the first page of this, to load at all? I can't. I'd like to see what the update looks like.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

It can take a while to load. Like, minutes.

16. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Eek. I'm on dial up. Screw that.

17. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

That is one sweet Prime.

18. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

These should load faster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Overall, I like it A LITTLE better than my first impressions. On to the issues:

Colors: These photos have major washout from the flash, so you can't really tell much for color accuracy. I'd assume the red will be much like Sideswipe or Windcharger - plasticy, but definitely red.

Design: This is G2 Prime, who changed bodies on a whim according to the tech-specs. Looks a lot like an enhanced version of the Go-Bot pickup mold, which ain't great, but ain't that bad either. I've seen the leg-fronts upside-down and right-side-up interchangeably in photos, so I'm guessing they flip/rotate/whatever as part of transformation, and the people taking the photos are having trouble figuring it out. I'm not sure exactly how it does this, but I don't think we're dealing with an assembly error in this case. I sure do hope any remold becomes Trailbreaker or Hoist, as the mold fits that body type quite well.

20. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

I'd buy that!