first look at Alternator OptimusPrime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kibblemaster crap.

2. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Looks good to me.

3. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I don't know how I feel about this mold yet. I'd have to see pictures of the back and side in robot mode and pictures showing articulation before I pass judgement on this one.

4. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I'll wait to see him in preson, before I bash it to bad, but I'm thinking of a Iron Hide repaint would look real good on this thing.

5. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Looks good to me and i'll finally have a Prime to fit in with my other Alts, sorry 20th Prime/Mp Convoy don't fit in, to much die crap to be with the alts plus he's still to old school looking in vehicle mode, this IS Alt Prime, and i'm glad.

6. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Looks decent, but I'm still using 20th Prime with my Alts so I'm going to go the Takara route and pretend he's a different guy. "Rodimus", perhaps.

7. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Impresses me least of all the Alts. we've gotten so far. A mediocure bot mode from the looks of it, and one inappropriate for Prime to boot (who is already perfectly covered by the MP figure anyway).

I was going to say this should have been Ironhide, but frankly I want Ironhide to have a better and more classic cartoon look Alt than this, so I hope it's *NOT* repainted as him officially, and we get a real G1 looking Ironhide.

-ZacWilliam, I could accept this as Kup probably with a new head but that's about all.

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Things that I like:

1. It's a truck, which hopefully means more variation than just cars... I mean the Jeep mold was the only one that was not a sedan/sports car for a LONG time... Skids and now Optimus Prime in a short period of time hopefully means broader use of car models...

2. It's Optimus... Now granted we have 20th Anniversary/Masterpiece, but that is essentially a different line... I kinda see this as a "bound to happen" type thing...

3. At least it IS Optimus... And not a Dead End type thing where he clearly has someone else's head...

4. The truck mode... I love it... It looks great... I even love the spoiler on the bed... And you know that Hasbro/Takara can't POSSIBLY screw up the repaint/remold...

5. The robot mode... For what it's worth, I think they did a good job designing the robot mode... I like how the chest looks and the head looks great...

There are two MAJOR things that worry me about the robot mode though... The knees and the shoulders...

I'm hoping there's a way to transform him where his shoulders don't stick straight up like that... I'm REALLY hoping...

The knees... I see that there's a swivel point in robot mode, but looking at the pics, I can't see how they are capable of bending backwards like a knee should... Also with his legs being the bed of the truck, I'm wondering if his legs will be really thin since they're under the bed...

But I'm not gonna pass judgement until I get him... After all, I thought I wouldn't like Skids as much as I do and he turned out GREAT... :thumb 

9. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I like it.

10. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you look closely at the truck bed in vehicle mode you can see sections that may ot may not have hinges. I like him but his body does scream trialbreaker to me, with the hood chest, the high rise shoulders and Leg asthetics. Poor trailbreaker, first he loses his body to swindle and now Prime...
    ..sniff, sniff..
    :cry 

11. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay. Highish shoulders, squarish legs, bulky hood chest, pick-up alt-mode. I hadn't thought of it before, but this *WOULD* indeed make a pretty cool Trailbreaker.

The mold would fit him so well I could ignore its weaknesses (which I can't do with it as .ugh. Prime.) I know there's good reason to believe Hasbro no longer has the rights to the name "Trailbreaker" as it was, but release this in those colors as Trailblazer, or Pathbreaker, or whatever "Silverstreak"-like dodge they can manage and I'd LOVE it.

-ZacWilliam, only TB, Ironhide, and Ratchet remain to be done of the original large Bot cars I'd love for them to finish off the complete set and I doubt we'll see a better TB than this.

12. Namekjohn

Namekjohn Namekimus Prime

News Credits:
    is it just me or does it look like a modified Prowl, the arms the chest and the legs look just like his

13. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I wish Hasbro had a stronger negotiating hand when dealing with Takara. I get the need to compromise here, Takara would have an uphill battle selling a BT whose alt mode doesn't exist in Japan, but the mold would make an OK Rodimus Prime/Convoy. As others have said, it's a good toy, but a bad Optimus.

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man I've been having trouble loading this thread today. Anyway-

As Prime: :puke2: 

It could work as someone else. So far it looks like it's best suited for kitbash fodder.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I can see the similarities... But they're only slight similarities to me... :thumb 

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Only in the same way Meister, Grimlock and Hound all look like Smokescreen.

17. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the repaint is Trailbreaker...

18. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I still like it!

To me, he'll be Jinrai. I don't mind the compromise Takara and Hasbro reached on this toy since I understand that a truck is a tough sell in Japan.

However, this would indeed make one sweet Trailbreaker. Hoping that's the repaint.

-airfox

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks good, I like him :)  Although I hope the red paint they use is a bit different from that test shot which I'm sure it will. I dont think the mould makes a very good Prime though, hopefully the repaints of this guy turn out a bit better.

Defiantly going to pick him up, I like how there finally starting to move away from cars, hope to see the final product soon.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I love it. the shoulder "kibble" is supposed to be folded down, so it just sticks up. we know that from hasbro's own pictures, and well, it just looks stupid sticking straight out like that.

He's got an extremely simple transformation, but thats okay with me. my only complaints are that his lower legs should be solid blue, not black and blue (easily fixed), and of course, the seats on his arms.

I love it. if it is dull plastic like that for the final version, no big deal. I can polish that right up. worked for sideswipe.

now all I want is to see how big he is next to other alternators. He IS supposed to be larger than them.