First Knock Off G1 Optimus Prime Replica on Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GetterDragun, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Pretty damn easy, judging by previous performance...

Not a bad price if the quality's there (less so factoring in shipping.) People who want genuine need to start looking at the fade of packaging from this point, assuming no stupid spelling mistakes in the recreation. If it looks case fresh, it probably isn't original.

I'm not entirely convinced that the size of a card insert can attest to authenticity (plates for cutting card tend not to be very carefully set up in any factory) but Maz has of course seen enough originals to notice.

Nice to have a "purism is just another word for frequent temporary lapses in sanity" option, too. Having said that, I generally wouldn't buy MISB at all myself* out of deference to the few who want that and have a dwindling pool of stock to buy from -- unless I knew it was a KO. They're good for anyone doing the nostalgia thing of opening and setting the card away, etc.

*Despite occasional ribbing to the contrary...

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    KO's back
    [​IMG]

Original back
    [​IMG]

the KO has a factory production crease on the back.
    the KO also has printing issues on the back. (the tech specs are in the right place, but the ravages don't fit on the top, etc)

I was able to get one of these, so I'll take high res pictures when it comes in.

Attached Files:

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I'm going for. There's no way I could ever afford an original, so I had to get one of these. Reissues are great, but none of them really captured the packaging of the US original.

4. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I'm going to wait and see if the price comes down, but yea, I'm in the, " I want one" club.

5. GaZ

GaZ Member

Just bought one :D 

Was tempted by the JAFCON, but I'd rather it were in a Jap reissue style box to be totally authentic. There was no vintage black convoy after all.

6. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a knock-off, how can it be "totally authentic"?