First info about new Transformers cartoon courtesy of Michael Bell!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Chris McFeely, Dec 8, 2009.

1. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    waiting mode : on

2. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Well, 是 actually means "is/am/are" in Chinese, the agreeing yes (as in yes, that's right) is 对. If you want to say the equivalent of "YES!" you probably want something more like 太棒了, which means "excellent". I'm guessing you used Bablefish or something similar.

(Sorry for the nitpick, I'm a language student of Chinese and Japanese so the mistake amused me)

Good news on the cartoon. I'm not too worried in general, because the American produced cartoons have actually been pretty good. It's just the Japanese produced series that are more hit and miss in my opinion; some are great and some are...not so great.

3. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Cartoon should be pretty awesome. But as others stated earlier in the thread, I'm worried about the timing. We could be looking at Spring 2011 before we finally see this, or at least January of 2011.

4. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *Screams so loud everyone's ears hurt* A new TF series, America made and with Sobolov, Bell and Blu too! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-*gets hit with a book* Sorry.

In 2010/11 this is gonna be so cool! *dances* I wonder who else will appear? Will Cree Summers return to the TF series and will the creators be silly enough to add Mudflap and Skids? And who the Hell wants Mark Hamil to be Starscream?! Make him Sideswipe or one of the humans who hate the Autobots, that would rock. Oh! What if Will Friedle(sp?) is brought aboard?... too much? I'll stop raving now...

jD001

5. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    Me neither! My kids are already confused enough with movie, animated and then all these cybertron DVDs we have hanging around.

Animated for the win.

6. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Animated DID NOT sell well in my area that is for sure. I can still buy almost any Animated toy (not that I would) and they gather dust on the shelves. Even clearanced they are not selling. Source of your claim?

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I am excited to a degree someone can get excited about something not coming out for quite some time and little to no details known. Just like any new TF anything, I want to see some good toys come of it.

8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

If they are going with a movie vibe or an animated IDWverse than you can count me out of it.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can still buy TF '07 toys, and they were anything but a flop.

Your point?

10. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

To quote a certain protocol droid, "here we go again." :p 

11. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

when you say 'your area', you mean your house, right?

as for sourcing his claim that the toys sold well enough to warrant not just new repaints but new models too? it's been on the front page god knows how many times, and TFA getting a jap release, which generally isn't a sign of no confidence.

you hate animated? great. we get it. it's you're thing, it's what you do. isn't this thread about the new cartoon that isn't TFA?

12. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

We get it that you don't like animated, but all that he's saying is the obvious... Animated Product sold well enough that Hasbro thought it a reasonable idea to release more of the toys, rather than let it rest in peace. I don't think you need an inside source to see that these toys are on their way to store shelves. Nor do you need an inside source to understand that if hasbro is selling something, they feel like they can make money from it.

holla.

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

14. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    Haha, yeah. I used Google Translate. I don't know anything about any other language besides English, French and Katakana. :p 

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The new show, just like Animated and just like Universe, is used as a means to keep Transformers on the market.

It's not Hasbro going : "Hey! Let's make a new TF toon and cancel it before the next movie! JUST to piss off the fans!"

They're going: "Hey, TFs are popular, but the next movie won't be out for a while. Why don't we atleast create a new show to fill the gap and keep the franchise in the open. We'll sell more products and keep the franchise on the market."

They're doing it because they know the thing is popular and they know it'll make a profit. not because "Thyr Hazbro an thyr EVIIIIIL!!!"

16. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

Dude, if you aren't up for another reboot, you need to find another fiction to follow. The frequent reboot almost defines TFs now, for better or for worse.

17. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

as i have said in the video game news thread, i am syked.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You might as well have said that in a made-up language, because despite it being absolutely true, no one outside the people who already understand that will listen.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    my god, why does anyone even reply to johnator's trolling anymore?

or even slightly believe anything he says?

the man obviously hates animated, so why would you even trust what he says about how it did just in his area? it could be flying off the shelves for all we know.

regardless, hasbro has said animated was a success, and they were happy with how it did (so recently as last month's Q&A session I believe) so whatever he says? does not matter.

also, this topic isnt about animated.

20. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

Nice! This'll be good we have all been getting withdrawal symptoms i'm sure :p