First GI Joe Movie Snake Eyes Image

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tony_Bacala, Mar 20, 2008.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I tried to lighten it up and enlarge it a bit for everyone.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  2. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    he better seriously mess some1 up with the sword graficly for my worthwhile

3. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not a hardcore Joe fan but a fan none the less and this is the Snake Eyes I remeber, he looks awesome, I hope they do such a good job with Storm Shadow, Duke and the Baroness

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks amazing, and definitely spot on.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Though I'm pleased, the studio is aiming for show accuracy, I do wish they had chosen something more military in look. They are soldiers, right? What military uniform looks like that? I know they are a special missions force, not tied to the conventional military, but still, they are military, and Snake-Eyes is Army.

Personally, I would have preferred is original outfit over the his second, as it IS based on a real military uniform--or so I've been told, anyway. The second outfit has serious visibility issues, which we all know won't be addressed in the film.

Seeing that they went for show accuracy, I shudder the thought of Destro's look...

Transformed

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Wow, nice!

I want to see Scarlet now.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I dunno, sans the wierd helmet and sword the suit reminds me of the one worn by Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell, and I always thought it was kind of cool.

Still, something about this movie makes me apprehensive, although since I've never been a fan of GI Joe, I don't know why.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The biggest problem I have with all of this is how much of the cartoon/comic look the studio wants to pump into this--shouldn't be bad,right? But I believe it is, as some of the things in the cartoon/comic were just flat out ridiculous, and yes, uniforms were one of them. Real military or not, most of the Joes represent America's armed forces, and as such they should at least attempt to look the part. As I said in my previous post, Snake-Eye's first uniform would have been more appropriate. For me, making him look like a Ninja isn't a priority for me, he's a commando; the comic is what made a ninja, and I always found that cool and silly at the same time. It works on paper, as it isn't something that isn't, well, real. I don't think this is going to work all that well on the big screen.

I, too, am very apprehensive about the movie. Casting, leaked script, and now this photo are fueling my fears, which is weird when you consider the fact, that G.I. Joe shouldn't be too hard to translate to the big screen.

Updating the story for today is a mistake, in my opinion. The setting already established with the A Real American Hero toy line was more than enough. Making Duke a twenty-something-year-old E-8 is going to look odd, but probably not as odd as a friend from his past being a major obstacle in this movie--I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, just wondering why it was necessary to change what was all ready here. Is it even necessary to give origins to the baddies?

Transformed

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GI Joe has always had Sci-Fi elements in it and the padded suit is reminiscent of the Future Warrior System the Army is working on. http://www.natick.army.mil/about/pao/2006/06-33.htm

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Wow! That's a spot on interpretation of Snake Eyes.

Hopefully the rest of the characters look the part (well, except Rip Cord) and the movie is good.

That's my fear as well. :( 

-airfox

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Things I'd like to note:

1.) Needs an Uzi
    2.) Sword should be stainless steel, not chrome. (it's for buisness not for looks)
    3.) Clan symbol shouldn't be so prominent.
    4.) Unlike Draven, I would like to see his face in the movie. Both his "fake" rubber face and at the apropriate time, his disfigured face. But only if it's handled properly.
    5.) Snake Eye's can't speak but he can make noise (in a few early issues of the comic) he also uses sign language, which Scarlet also knows. I wonder if they will use this in the movie?

Ray Park is a good choice to play him. So my hopes for this movie went from "meh" to "guardedly optimistic"

Hooray.

12. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    That's one bad ass mo-fo. Ray Park should be able to pull this off with ease.

13. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

The perfect look for a live action Snake Eyes(V1 SE is sooooooo boring and overrated anyway :p  V2 forever!)

14. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

You do realize that the writer of the comic also wrote almost all of the characters file cards for Hasbro, right? He created most of the characters. To say that the comics made him a ninja separates the toys and comics in a way that is simply inaccurate.

15. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    First things first, I don't know why they have to use the stupid iron mask version. Why not use the 1985 version all black with black goggles. Also, what is that on his chest? Too big, and putting his tatoo on his shoulder is just plain wrong. They could have just gone with a simple black BDU with mask and goggle.
    I imagine that it did not look good on camera or whatever but THAT is the version I remember using to kick all that Cobra Arsh back in 1985!!!!
    Keep it simple. Just my opinion and I'm probably gonna hear it from a few of you.

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:

good lord, the place where that's developed is 10 miles from where I live :eek: 

17. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Pretty good!

18. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    But this mask is clearly based on the 1985 version of Snake Eyes, the one that came with the wolf.

-airfox

19. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

I know it's the symbol, I was just wondering if that was some sort of muscle sculpted body armor suit, or Ray Part body painted black. I do think they shouldn't make it so prominent, but that's just me.

I'm glad they moved the ammo pouches.

I guess I really don't understand the disappointment. Other than him not looking like commando Snake Eyes, this one looks like he just stepped out of the comic, and it looks a hell of alot better than it could have turned out.

At least they didn't go with some weird interpretation of his look and added a bunch of garbage because "they thought it looked cool". Other than the clan tattoo (which really isn't a tattoo if it's painted on the body armor), It's spot on.

20. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry, half a sleep, I was referring to the 1983 original version.