Minor/Repaint: First ever Customs

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by EnderDovah, Oct 21, 2016.

?

What personality should RedWing have in my stopmotion?

1. Funny

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Stern

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. EnderDovah

EnderDovah Active Member

The Following photos are those of my custom repaint of Blastoff, now called RedWing, and modded Combiner Wars hands. I know the Combiner Wars are come and gone, but its my favorite line so far. I do hope i'm not the only one that has seen or done this mod. These, along with my other figures, will be used in a stopmotion.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's definitely not bad for a first effort! I'm no expert so I'll leave suggestions for improvement to those more knowledgeable. One thing I know is you might want painters tape to help you get the lines better. I think the hand mod is pretty cool as well.

However, uh, where's his other arm? :lol 

Edit: You might also want to consider a different name as there is an obscure Seeker named Red Wing. But, its not like tfs have never had the same name.

3. EnderDovah

EnderDovah Active Member

Yeah, originally he was going to be a battle damaged Blastoff with a broken hand, but during the process i lost the forarm and had to get rid of the shoulder, now he is a Medic missing an arm, not much more to that story.

4. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

That makes sense, I thought he looked a little battle damaged. I like the hand mod. Got anymore in the bio for this guy?

5. Darkshift

Darkshift The Devil's Advocate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Really not bad for a first attempt, though a few bits of advice...
    • Use a bit less paint overall, a few coats would make everything a lot neater. Though in certain areas on your figure, it looks a lot better than thin paint.
    • As TheBeastMan said, tape is a gift from the heavens and should be used whenever you paint lines without crevices or panel lines.
    • If you're trying to paint in a small hole or some detail, should the paint leak onto the main body (see torso or kneecaps), quickly rub it off with a finger or wipe.
    • If you want some realistic looking metal (with weathering) go over the area with silver paint or Sharpie, get some watered down black paint and coat the silver in it, then quickly before it dries, dab the black paint with a paper towel.
    • (And just a little tip here) Maybe jab a screwdriver or something around the left shoulder area to make it less smooth, then splotch some gray and black paint in there, and if you want a bit of Robo-Gore, put some light and dark blue for a bit of blood.

That's all I have for now, can't wait to see the finished product!

• Like Like x 1
  6. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    I like the idea with the HFG. Nice first effort!

7. EnderDovah

EnderDovah Active Member

Thanks for the support and tips, as for more of a bio for RedWing, or any names people may suggest, i have not thought much of it.