By Generation: First Edition Vehicon: Barricade/KFC Bad Cop - Kibble Modification

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Soundbarricade, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soundbarricade

Soundbarricade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KFC made the awesome Bad Cop upgrade for Auto assembly 2013. I ordered the non-attendee set, but saw that CZHazzard on here was selling them too. Since they hadn't sent out the sets, I decided to buy one from him and my first FE Vehicon.

Now, the biggest problem people seem to have with FE Vehicon seems to be the back kibble. I don't think it's bad, but it does prohibit posing. Someone here (sadly forgot who) suggested modifying the kibble into a riot shield, so I figured I'd give it a go:

[​IMG]

I personally think it makes a world of difference! I love the way he looks now.
    Yes, his back looks a little silly without it, but I can live with that:

[​IMG]

Without the kibble, it is a lot easier to transform him, too. All you need to do is remove the one peg in his back:

[​IMG]

The great thing is that the kibble (still in one piece) can now be used - without change - as a shield:

[​IMG]

It is folded up just like that on the back and can be placed over his hand with the part that connected it to the back before.

Just unfold the bottom of the arm, fold the hand halfway in, and then slide the "shield" on. Simply push the part that goes at the back of the car upwards; it kind of locks the shield to the arm.

Simply make sure the bottom of the shield is on the outside of the arm, like so:

[​IMG]

The kibble shield unfolds and pegs onto the robot for vehicle mode. It's held on by the two tabs in the front and the two in the back, that fit into the shoulders.

Notably, now that it is possible to see the back, the problem with the arms not pegging in to the chest properly (apart from the pegs being too short) is that the "stomach" piece which attaches to the chest piece has a layer of paint that is excessive. This layer of paint makes the parts sit like this: (exaggerated view)

[​IMG]

So simply trim or sand the top of the piece, like this:

[​IMG]

It makes it sit more flush, making it peg together better. Just push the parts the arms are on into the chest from the back, and then it all holds together fine.

Lastly, I noticed small notches at the back wheel in vehicle mode that fit over small tabs in the chest piece:

[​IMG]

These make the vehicle mode more stable and "together".

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.