First Botcon Exclusive Revealed! Pyro! Theme also Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Icespark, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    What the fuck?

For those of us that didn't may much attention to G2, or even lost interest in Transformers because of it, this isn't going over too well.

Still, it does have a crazy appealing novelty factor that makes me think "That shit is so fucking ugly, yet official. Must have it."

I guess that had to reuse the Inferno mold eventually. Still stunned that Grapple didn't show up first.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'd still prefer Tankor as Pyro... but i'll just make my own... someday... and i'm starting to think the real Pyr...er... Spark won't be this bright in person... and that mold is awesome... which is kinda making me want it... which is making me hate ORIO for being right...

and i hope there's a Jhiaxus too...

3. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the Wings Universe is a G1 toon-esque continuity. It is NOT straight up G1 toon. if you watch the old G1 cartoon you will have a feel for the characters and the overall story. Most all of the events that happened in the toon will have happened it the Wings Universe. BUT there may/will be some slight differences. Take for instance WoH Scourge from 2009. Scourge will have ALWAYS been in that form in the Wings Universe BUT all the events surrounding his character in the Universe will have played out the same way as they did on the toon...

But yes, Rebirth does take place in the Wings Universe and G2:Redux takes place about 4 years later.

4. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Well, if you go through page by page, it actually seems as though more are excited about the set than not. That seems par for the course for Botcon sets, particularly in this sub-set of fans of Transformers. I would imagine that it would be more popular, at least in recent memory, than both of the sets from the last two years and a chance to be more creative than the set from 2007 (as mentioned earlier). Of course, things can change either way once more figures are revealed.

Spark and Rapido so far using two excellent molds. Still, hoping to see Ironfist from the Hound mold. I'm excited that this will be my first Botcon and it coincides with a potentially great (to me, at least) set.

5. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G2, some of my favorite toys are from that line. I hope we can get Rapido, skram, turbofire, ect... as well as some love for the Laser Rods.

Hell, could they could do universe/energon Devestator or Bruticus in G2 colors.

I am not loving this use of the Inferno Mold, but I am definately interested in this homage. There is a lot of potential here.

6. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Pete,
    Registration forms where? :)  I have a friend who'll be ordering the non-attending boxset for me and I need to let him know to keep his eyes peeled so he can secure it. Can we hope to see the registration soon-ish? No specific dates, since I'm sure that'd make the site convulse and seize up....

7. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Haha! Ahhhh, Pyro. This thread is very entertaining. And so is this figure, though I'll admit I have little interest in this set so far. Honestly, G2 came out right around the time my childhood love of Transformers was somewhat waning. Even as a kid, I didn't dig the idea of gaudy, mismatched neon colors and silly things like "robots in disguise" who plaster their names all over their vehicle modes. That said, I absolutely love the notion of making a set that throws back to that line for all the fans of crazy G2 stuff. The color schemes are so bad they are almost... endearing.

Raging about this seems just as silly as the G2 paintjobs themselves. Just remember guys, this is a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. If you don't like a con-exclusive figure, don't buy it!

8. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    I love that color scheme

9. JaAm_convoy

JaAm_convoy Shoulder Medicine

Inferno's water cannon is rainin' pain!

Oh, and even if I'm not getting these guys, I'm still liking the idea, I love those crazy colors. Looking forward to more updates

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I think of G2 the Laser Rods come to mind first for some reason. But I can't think of many molds that would work as good homages.

Maybe Rotorforce... Universe Powerglide as Ransack maybe?

11. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I was just watching a collection of G2 commercials and heard that line about Inferno's water cannon. Hilarious.

12. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Well it looks like I don't have to save up as much money for my first Botcon. That thing looks hideous.

If the other figures are better looking I may change my mind since I really liked G2.

13. The Honey Badger

The Honey Badger Tfcon2016 Chicago was a blast! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wish I hadnt reserved a condo in Disney World now, pretty disappointed by this...

14. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

There is so much truth here.
    I won't be able to get it, since I can't justify the cost of Botcon sets to myself, let alone to my wife, but man, I want it.
    Ah well...

15. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really dont mind the figure but the name "Autobot Spark" is just lame. Also being the New G2 leader.

16. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Not really liking the idea but I'll still get 'em I guess.. :rolleyes2 

I'm a whore when it comes to exclusives & stuffs as such. :eek: 

17. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Lol. Ruined_forever.jpg

You're really regretting an entire convention from one toy pic?

18. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With this, I don't think it'd be a stretch to assume Clench will be part of this set, which would be awesome.

19. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

Sweet! now we get to see if BBTS offers less store credit than the cost of the set...that looks like crap!

FP is on track to have a worse set than last year's botcon group....:rolleyes: 
    :puke2:  :puke2:  :puke2:  :puke2: 

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    this^ i would love to go, but it is too expensive, just be happy you can go, and the toys appear to going to kick ass