FIREFAIR FF-01 - MP-08 Grimlock Add On Kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both flame attachments make up the entire flame effect on the sword. They snap together.

Got this set on Tuesday, and am loving how it looks...not a big fan of the fire fists, but I really like that they included a dagger that can attach to the sword flame affect for dual sword wielding, really cool.

2. tigerkick

tigerkick Well-Known Member

Yup, got it this week as well, but thanks for the clarification! Not really feeling the crown nor the fire fists, but the flame attachment is really, really nice.

3. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

When is BBTS getting these in?

4. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    For those wondering, it seems that TJ has proof that this works with Chaos Paladin...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kumastylegfx/14091956057/

I'd like to know if this works with Fall of Cybertron Grimlock, though. Of course, I'd like to put it on his sword, but it would also be great to give him a fire breathing maw.

Even if nobody's investigated that yet, can anyone confirm the size of the peg on that dagger that can be plugged into the flame bits? I can live without being able to fit the crown or fire fists on; but if I could at least use the sword, it would be worth it for me.

5. Cyberrabbits

Cyberrabbits Well-Known Member

Dose this set work for Scoria as well?

6. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've had this for a month or so and I wanted to just give my quick review. For me it's a big meh. When you get the firebreath working, it looks great. The problem is that it doesn't click into anything. Grimlock has a tab thing inside his mouth, and I assumed it would click onto that or something. Nope. It stays in his mouth by just gravity, you have to close his teeth and have them hold the flames in. Basically I can only get him to pose with this flames while he's bent over, I can't get it to work at all if he's posing up like in a photo in this thread.

The flame fists I received do not fit on his hands, I'm going to have to file them down.

The little dagger is very loose on his hands, as are the flames that snap around his sword. With a little work I can make this set better, but I'm really bummed about how the flames work in his mouth.

7. FishHeadSoup

FishHeadSoup bikini bottom

didn't buy FF01 because i only like the flamethrower effect on dinot, not the rest, however really like FF-02, much needed upgrade for hegemon.

8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently this is compatible with FT-04 Scoria's sword as well. Might have to pick this up.
    [​IMG]

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not only is sword upgrade compatible fith FT Scoria, it is compatible with FT Grinder's sword as well.

Bestgrey on Amazon and Robotoybase.com still have this kit in stock.

10. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Sorry for the necro but does anyone know if this could possibly work with ss grimlock?