Fire Scorpion Bumble Bee Movie Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by noisetrigger, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy with what I have. The tightness helps keep this figure solid. My biggest beef is the figure not being about to transform without modification. I think anyone would be disappointed to be a Transformer that can't transform. Well, I know the non-transformable figures exist.

So far, I think this is the best of the BBB movie Optimus Primes. The Toyworld version is even more expensive and QC is equally questionable. I'm waiting to see what Transcraft and Toy Lab has to offer, but if this was the only toy of the BBB Prime, I'm happy I picked this one.

That's a Beast of the Mesozoic figure.

Beasts of the Mesozoic Figures | Creative Beast Studio

They have the sub-adult, but there's a big adult Triceratops available. They working on the Tyrannosaur line right now.

When you say you can sculpt them, you mean by clay, or in CG?

2. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    clay, I'm old school and thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

Haha. I've seen your posts on the ShowZ thread, abt the 50 orders you have pending lol.

So far, I'm waiting on my TC Beetlebee to ship, and I have the new KO MPM Ratchet on preorder. I'm also gonna buy the KO MP Tigatron, but that's abt it. Unless we magically get the MPM BA Ironhide. He's a MUST HAVE for me!!

4. ldl0021

ldl0021 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  5. Lockon Prime

Just the thighs, and the skirt pieces really. Everything else is abt the same.

6. ldl0021

Ebay:
    The waist is smaller... there are other details that are different as well.

7. Illiterate Scholar

News Credits:
    If you're gonna sculpt, use this. This is done by Matt Dempsey. He works at the NHM London and works on the biomechanics & musculoskeletal anatomy of dinosaurs. This should give you a much better understanding of the size and shape of a Triceratops.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lockon Prime

I think the waist is the same size, it's just the angle the pic was taken at. Changing the the size of the waist would mean resizing the entire bot, and as far as im aware, that didn't happen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ldl0021

Ebay:
    Anyone add the MPP-10 trailer to theirs? CC685CC2-CCC8-4A92-BF91-ACAD6A25DCE9.png B9CE3BD5-0329-4434-B853-9A8E1428327D.png 95E3D5B6-83C6-4FB4-B070-95B8FF1E5531.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  10. Lockon Prime

• Like Like x 2
  11. Illiterate Scholar

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Lockon Prime

20210116_004838-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Illiterate Scholar

News Credits:
    Looks good. Did you paint the thighs? Mine came with barely any chipping, but it now looks a little worse. I know about the clear nail polish trick, but do I need to apply the polish several times, or just once is enough?

I also don't see any chipping on your thigh, did you repaint it, or did you get lucky with it? If I do repaint, what should I use? Mainly I have 0 experience painting a figure and I was to be absolutely certain before painting mine cause I don't want to ruin it. Plus, I'm not even sure what kind of paint to buy, or if I should even bother with the paint simply because the area needed to be painted is tiny, and not sure if I can justify paying for paint that I'll probably use a few tiny drops of.

14. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    Bros! Looks like my PSU is really dying now...I'm computing through mud...I'll see you guys next week maybe ;) 

15. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    pc died! do we have a pc thread? hehe....neednto shop!

16. Illiterate Scholar

News Credits:
    Buy a new PC ASAP. Motherboard and graphics card prices are going up due to the tariffs. If your PC is decent, maybe just buy a new PSU.

To keep things on topic, I realize I misunderstood the nail polish thing. I thought I read to use it to coat the die-cast parts to prevent paint chipping. Turns out it was for the joints. Mine does have a problem holding the gun straight, but I'll worry about that later.

17. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    did you apply any clear coat yet to the thights? yeah polish or poly to just the joints ;)  you tried the gun in both hands too?

18. Lockon Prime

Thank you, I appreciate that!

I originally didn't paint the thighs, just coated them. Unfortunately the coating wasn't thick enough, so the paint eventually started chipping.

I then repainted the thighs and the the skirt pieces with this... 20210117_220459.jpg
    It's not the best paint there is, but it's there only one I had that best match his paint. I also rushed painting the pieces, so the paint job isn't the smoothest.

I then applied 3 coats of the glossy clear coat, which has protected the pieces more, but the diecast doesn't seem to really absorb the coating, as there's still minor chipping.

I hope those helps!!
    Ah shit bro!! Any luck finding what you need??

• Like Like x 1
  19. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    i have a backup pc almost the same setup both are 1080 ti setups, but im wondering if i need to go from intel to amd for the cpu ;)  but wont be able to access that for another 5 days at least....i need something for my review of 3a/0 review premium prime :)  amongst other figures...i have so many figures i want to make vid reviews on but moving for 4 ppl by myself makes it slow...but so fun :)  i dont make any money but its fun....do you guys like short or longer vids?
    EDIT: current editing software i use doesnt fast forward well, looks vhs on a dirtbike, if i can find decent software for fast forwards ill start making transform vids...but currently sucks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Lockon Prime

IMO, since AMD processors are better for multitasking purposes, while Intel processors are more for individual tasks, you're better off going with an AMD.

As far as your reviews, anything 10 mins, or more would be best. Specially if you get into the transformation process. ;)