Fire Scorpion Bumble Bee Movie Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by noisetrigger, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

Sounds good bro, I appreciate that!! Unfortunately no though, so I'm gonna have to hunt one down.

I want every "relevant" Prime we've gotten. So far I have MP1, which is a disaster so I wanna replace him. LT02 and BA Prime, MP32 Primal, and soon MP9.

I had Challenger but found him to be EXTREMELY underwhelming, and too inaccurate, so I got rid of him. So I just need MPP10 and a better Knight Prime... so far. We'll see what future movies bring us.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    well also glad you mentioned MP1 because I was going to get him just to complete! lol

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lockon Prime

What, really? MPP10 is the same mold, only better, as well as the same representation of the character so your collection's already complete... right? Lol :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MPP10 isn't the same mould as MP1 - he's the same as MP10, save the extended shins. MP1 isn't quite as accurate but is a glorious figure in its own right due to the excessive extra detailing that you just don't get any more (pistons in the joints, suspension in the truck mode, etc).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I guess it was for homage sakes ;) 
    And AG1 battery, same in the head. 2x in each.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lockon Prime

Maybe "same mold" was the wrong phrase. I should've said they have the same design.

But seriously?? MP10/MPP10 don't have those details?? That's a shame! But oh well, I still want it lol.

Aah, that makes sense! Awesome though, thanks for the info on the batteries!! :) 

Great, now i'm thinking abt fixing up my MP1.. damn you bastards lol

7. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly no. MP1 (and MP4 by extension, which was basically MP1 with longer smoke stacks and a trailer) was pretty much unique in that regard. It's all cost reduction stuff in the long run, plus I could imagine a more mass-market design (remembering MP1 was originally planned as a "one off", rather than the beginning of the whole Masterpiece line) might eschew those to make the design both easier to produce and less likely to suffer damage when in the hands of the collector (or their children).

MP(P)10 is still a glorious figure, though. Easily my favourite in both looks and transformation, which is why I have two genuines (regular and YotH), an MPP10, and Atlas (aka MPPPPPPP10). Some people don't like the "gorilla arms" of MP10, to the point where there's an upgrade kit to shorten his forearms (in exchange for some rather obvious flaps), but MPP10's extra leg vents (a design feature carried over to Atlas and MP10v) make that a non-issue by adjusting his proportions very slightly.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lockon Prime

Thanks for the detailed breakdown on the differences! This just convinces even more that I need to get my hands on MPP10!

I'm gonna start checking eBay and see if I can get one soon.

9. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

He had some packing material, but not nearly enough to fill the box. Judging by the wacky shape he came in once I got him unwrapped, he must have suffered a lot of abuse on the way here.

10. Lockon Prime

That's a damn shame, but I'm glad that the damage isn't worse!!

Mine should be here in another week, so we'll see how he was packed up.

I look forward to seeing you're pics!

11. A d a m

A d a m Member

Facebook:
    Don't worry it looks like battle damage, it could be much worse! I'm still waiting for mine, let's hope it will come in one piece!

12. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Check Aliexpress also.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lockon Prime

Sweet, thanks for the info!! I'll check now

Edit: nevermind that thought lol. Their reviews are horrible.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  14. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today in pretty much the same way as @Bakarina 's did, but, thankfully, there's less damage to the paint on the thighs -

[​IMG]

So I guess I need to put a layer of Future of Clearcoat over them to protect against further damage?

[​IMG]

Before I tighten those outer screws, is there any point opening the joints up to put some Future in there?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, how am I best to shore up these shoulder joints, since I can't open them up?

[​IMG]

Do I assume everyone else has loose fingers too? Also, the tab on the gun handle doesn't fit in the slot on his right hand palm so I need to open that up a little bit with a file.

[​IMG]

Finally, with the ankles, is it enough to tighten the screws up or do I need to add Future into the joint too?

Issues aside, this fella is a third of the price of Tactics Waistcoat, if you shop around, and actually transforms and holds together, so, even with the problems, I think he's a bargain :D 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lockon Prime

Spray the thighs with a glossy clear coat. I use this one
    20200922_210719.jpg
    Let it dry overnight and you'll be good to go.

As far as the loose joints, I'd be weary of tightening the screws too much, so I'd say tighten them a bit, and add floor polish.

Mine finally made stateside today, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he arrives.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ottertron

News Credits:
    Thighs are off and I’ve coated them in Future. Done all of the problematic joints but there’s one screw upside down inside the chest for the shoulder joints that I just don’t have the right tools to get to. Hopefully adding Future to the joints from the outside with a cocktail stick and a needle will have some effect.

17. Ottertron

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

All joints tightened and thighs, hopefully, protected!

I've done the shake test with his arms and legs straight out to the sides and they don't budge unless I move them - same goes for his fingers - so I'm happy with the job thus far. Think I need to tighten the ankles up a little more - which is difficult due to lack of direct access to the joints - and I may also add some Green Stuff to the back of the hip skirts to make the edge duller, but that's about it.

You should totally buy this fella as he looks great, transforms well and the fixes are easy - if I can do them then any cackhanded fool can!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    He's a handsome figure and may end up like MPP10 and WJ BA Prime for some folks who held out...then realized they wanted it and ALMOST too late (now available for really high prices).

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ottertron

News Credits:
    Yeah. I think the chances of us getting another BumblePrime of a similar size and quality for the price of this fella are slim to none - especially since you can get him unboxed for $80!

20. Lockon Prime

Finally!! Came packaged perfect and only has one very minor scratch!! Gonna seal the thighs now 20201031_113623.jpg

So I thought I could get away with not sealing in the paint on the chest, but nope. It started chipping as soon as I tried to mess around with it.

I sealed the left side and it actually darkened up the red and made the black windshield pop, which I think is an improvement. 20201031_134406.jpg
    And I'm waiting for the thighs to fully dry
    20201031_134455.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 5