Fire Scorpion Bumble Bee Movie Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by noisetrigger, Nov 10, 2019.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Dam, wasn’t a fan of how he looks but had hoped he would turn out well for those that wanted him...

• Like Like x 2
  2. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    These are the same pictures that are running over there. Just one owner or EVERY owner? because it's very different.

Edit: let me help you with your concerns. This is obviously a rushed figure because of the WJ shutdown... but the issues are you talking about are VERY easy to fix:

- Paint chipping: clearly the guy who has the problem rubbed with his nail the paint, just with a coat of enamel could fix the problem before you notice it. I do this in all my Hot Toys Captain America shield and lots of Iron Man and other figures, it's so simple, somethimes the manufactures DON'T "close" the paintjobs with varnish and the paint will tend to flake. A coat of varnish is your friend to prevent flakeing and cracking. With ten minutes you can do it.

- Hand gaps: seriously? do you think this is an issue? Even my genuine MP10 has gaps on the hands... this can be fixed sanding easily the inner piece, probably has residual pvc of the mold. This is not a breakage, it's only and ajustment. I'm doing this since decades in every kind of figure (lately figuarts and demoniacal fits came with very tight articulations that need to be sanded).

Did you saw many buyers with breakages? because that will be a real issue. As a said dozens of times before, EVERY KO or 3party figure need minor adjustments or improvements (I just fixed a MFT Devastator while I was reading the thread...).

If anyone has doubts or need some assintance, I can help you all with all the fixings, adjustments, articulations, coatings, etc... Don't worry!.

I think all you're giving too much "obsession" to the issues of one guy of baidu. All the videos I've seen, no one experienced problems... but surely will have issues, of course, like all the figures... Remember BA Prime, TW09, UT Challenger...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

It's in an Aerosol spray can.

Okay, thanks. Well, it looks like I'll have plenty of time to get some Tamiya.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quite a few owners, can't say every owner, since I don't monitor all the posts. There are a few reviews on Baidu, a lot report the same paint chip issue, for example, below 3 posts. Some people also said because this is from Dreamfactory, not WJ, that's why the QC + paint is bad...

【图片】我的陈妍希也到了,头雕确实丑,感觉重做头雕有市场需求,手松还好,没有不举,这漆面太容易刮掉了,掰了两下腿【变形金刚玩具吧】_百度贴吧

某厂捍卫者m09,已经申请退款了本来挺期待的,到手头灯都不会亮,枪灯一直开着,可动手脚掌又松又软,胳膊也不行【变形金刚玩具吧】_百度贴吧

【图片】M09到手分享?【变形金刚玩具吧】_百度贴吧

5. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    I don't understant chinese. Please read again my last comment, I edited it.

Normally the people with issues are the ones who jumps into internet to say how bad it's a figure. Few owners aren't all the owners, like every figure. Do you have other figures with issues? because I have lots of figures with issues, all fixed by me... and it's very usual read someone saying something bad of every figure, even from the official figures... but the happy people are "quiet".

Look the tons of issues of TW09 of people writting on the his thread, but there's also lots of people happy with the figure...

It's not good to jump into a thread recommending not to buy something, just because "few owners" has minor issues.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Whatever, did u own this? or you already have it? Otherwise why defend this product and blocking people reporting issue on this?

7. xueyue2

News Credits:
    How easy to fix paint like this with your experienced hand? Do you except everyone willing to fix this on their $100+ toys?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    No, I don't have it, but it's always the same story. People defending how bad it's a figure. Am I blocking people?? I didn't block or report no-one... Take it easy...

Aren't these silvers spots weathering effect? If it's paint chipping, you can fix it with a little brush, cherry red and varnish as I said (enamel recommended). If you experienced this problem I can help you. It's really easy to do.

I'm not defending the figure, probably it will have issues like all the KO figures, but honestly I think that you're against this figure. You can always buy the ThreeA version or the TW09 and forget the M09. Or you can wait to ToyLabs or TransCraft version.

I think this figure will have paint issues in all the diecast parts, it seems that they forgot to apply the first primer coat or the varnish coat finish. A very bad news, of course, but not a big problem (to me).

I'm more concerned about the breakages or tolerances... I'm waiting Sun Of Empire/Ben/Emgo review.

9. Reygn

Reygn Banned

I for one am not going to purchase this figure, nor have I ever thought of purvhasing it. But if I had been wanting to purchase this figure, knowing what to look out for would be very important. I think most of the people here are just being apprehensive, as FL may have left a bad taste in peoples' mouthes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Y’all gotta relax about coming into a thread with negative energy. No need to attack people for wanting to own a figure, nor is there a reason to attack people for wanting to warn about potential QC issues.

• Like Like x 1
  11. moofiee

moofiee PENG-HA!~

News Credits:
    When initial pics were released, most were impressed over at Baidu. However when they started shipping out this weekend, almost every new post on m09 was a negative one upon receiving it. Mainly feedbacks/issues on the head sculpt, big chest, loose joints, loose paint and lastly the price. Not bashing this figure but it is what it is, you most definitely can buy what you like. :) 

I guess most of us here just want and hope for their purchases to work or look like they are supposed to out of box. Fixes and touching up might be easy but not everyone has the skill to do it.

Some of us that understands chinese including me are just sharing posts from Baidu here. No bashing intended. You get to decide eventually. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

I think that I'm just gonna go ahead and cancel this order.

I was willing to MAAAYBE give it a chance on the missing ratched joints, since I was planning on contacting ShowZ to see if they could contact DF about making replacement joints. But this figure is just getting worse by the day.

Yes, it seems kinda fishy that the same guy, from what I can tell, is the one with the chipping paint. Specially on the legs, from what I could tell based on the vid, the upper legs aren't hitting against anything during transformation, so how is that paint getting scratched off.

Man this really sucks!! I had determined that this Prime would be THE BB Movie Prime for me. Well, back to waiting.

13. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’ve had figures before where the paint comes off from just holding the figure. It’s possible the guy wasn’t rubbing the legs on much but it started to fly off onto his hands. Bad paint always hurts....

14. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    ThreeZero might be the right choice at this point :lol 

15. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Damn, and people thought there wasn’t anything worse than tw....

16. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Excuse me, but this is less worse. ;)  It's only $100.

17. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Staple nuts to the wall vs. staple nuts to the ground.

18. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    The problem with TW09 is the price. All the figures has issues, but if you pay for an expensive figure, you want better finish.

It's like you buy a Ferrari and the leather of the seats peel of. You don't expect that this could happen on an expensive car, same on an expensive figure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

If people are selling theirs, I might keep an eye out for if the price drops a bit below the Aoyi one

20. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

I gotcha. This completely sucks though, I was really looking forward to this Prime.

I didn't cancel my preorder, but I did message ShowZ about all the issues, and sent them pics along with the vid that shows how loose everything is, and asked them if Dream Factory is going to address those issues before he's released.

So I'll keep everyone posted on what I hear back from them.

• Like Like x 3