Fire Scorpion Bumble Bee Movie Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by noisetrigger, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    I just have to say, comparing it with the promo TW FL videos, this is way less careful...or gingerly if you will. They purposely held onto both arms when transforming to prevent any wiggles and floppiness. ;)  Time will tell when we can judge better. I'm guessing, 60ish days.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime You Eyeballing My Piece Fitty Cent?

I was never interested in FL so I never watched any videos on him.

I wish I had the time to just "wait and see", but with so many pics and vids being released, I feel like him being shipped is right around the corner, and It's not like I could just take it back to the store and get your money back.

I'll just wait on TC's version, or maybe for another 3P company to give him a go. I had the same issue with UT's Challenger. I was never happy with him, so I sold him. And while TW's version has some decent details, it's also off in a lot of ways, and again, overpriced.

3. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I'm sticking with my order. If it's crap, it's crap. If it's not, it's not. I'll deal.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lockon Prime

There's nothing wrong with that, more props to you bro. But for me, I can't just pay $130 for crap.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Atomic Tofu

YouTube:
    You guys go ahead and cancel, no joke or sarcasm...i'll do a review if I can. I'll take the bullet. No guarantees though, I work tooo much! :p 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lockon Prime

Fuck that, you just said you'd review it sir. So now you HAVE to review it lol :p 

But damn it. You're making me second guess myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Atomic Tofu

YouTube:
    lol, nah, I rewatched one of the transformation reviews and think he might be weak in the hips...and another with the arm flop. I had an inkling of cancellation...but I said, feh, I work a lot to make money to have toys...I'll stick with this one. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    And here we go again
    Good luck @Atomic Tofu , good to know you bro

• Like Like x 1
  9. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I'm glad I could help. I think you're right if you cancel him. I am going to wait for TC to come out. in the meantime, I'll wait to see how their Bumblebee turns out. If TC's BB is a good bot, that will kinda give me hope that their eventual OP will be good. Or Toy Lab?
    [​IMG]

I hope he turns out being a good figure. If not, then hey.. No worries. Sell him off just after you figure out he's not that good, and at least you will know, we will know and we can all move forward when a better release from TC or that other 3d model we saw from toy lab comes out as well.
    [​IMG]
    I feel the love on this forum. We are family is playing in my head right now.. LOL brings a tear to me eye, the love..
    :redface2: 
    I'm loving this site right now.. You guys are all AWESOME! :buttrock 

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Maybe I just haven’t been on here in a while, but hot diggity, can’t we just let people enjoy a figure’s look and articulation? I get that some people want to have the “definitive, screen accurate BB Prime” on their shelf, but I personally just like the aesthetic of this toy and his proportions, in spite of them not-being perfect. I guess we got spoiled with the Studio Series/mid Movie-line stuff, but I’ve always felt that there’s something to be appreciated about a toy that makes for a nice toy.

I will admit, the lack of ratchets is a bit rough, but nothing I haven’t previously Pledged to hell and back. XD

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lockon Prime

I've decided that I'm gonna give it one more week, I'm sure that vids will be released in that time. That way I can make a more educated decision. And who knows, Dream Factoy might make proper ratcheted joints replacements.
    I have TC's Beetlebee on preorder, and he looks amazing, so I have high hopes for their Prime. But again, they're could always be QC issues lol.

TL's Prime isn't looking to impressive as of now. Those legs look very disappointing, specially when compared to M09. But that could always be fixed down the road.

Sometimes it does feel like we're all one big fam, specially with people like u!!
    AMEN to everything you said, except...

I personally wouldn't wanna pay $130 for a toy that I'm gonna have to fix. A joint here and there I can deal with. But all major joints being defective, for a lack of a better word, is just unacceptable in my book.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Atomic Tofu

YouTube:
    Just wanted to post this as a defense to FS proportions. It's not perfect, but sometimes images like this are much better...like bodybuilding, it's sometimes an illusion. Yes, does show the "smaller" arms, but the torsos are actually quite on par.
    ezgif.com-optimize.gif
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Atomic Tofu

YouTube:
    OK...I looked at the video posted by Zherneboh Fire Scorpion Bumble Bee Movie Optimus Prime Can't tell if that video is being filmed at the factory or a garage, lol (I can't watch some sources "at work"). But this might be somewhat positive for the figure, recording the transformation with one hand basically, one hand holding the figure and the other moving parts.
    There are ratchets in the knee, definite ratchets in the forward and back for hip...and soft ratchets to the side for the legs? Maybe they are just a tad too soft to click or not fully installed? We can clearly see some grooves or teeth. Arms have nothing though it seems.
    upload_2020-8-9_2-33-57.png
    EDIT: just went back and re-analyzed elbow...there is an elbow ratchet, it's just on the softer side but there, you can hear the clicks around 3:05.
    upload_2020-8-9_3-57-44.png

• Like Like x 2
  14. moofiee

moofiee PENG-HA!~

Yeap indeed is it..
    0F159FF2-81ED-460F-9C36-88F4B2F4A1D2.jpeg 4177D8DA-5A6A-4EDD-8CE7-0412599992E0.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  16. barryHK

barryHK Well-Known Member

Actually I can accept the Chest of M09 but It's quite disappointed after going through a few different reviews on Youtube and Baidu.
    1. The joint is loose and difficult to hold the gun. They only apply ratchets to knee

2. The elbow's angle cannot be more than 90 degree

3. The truck hitch is useless/meaningless during robot mode

4. The gun and axe is useless during robot mode (Actually I love the design of black apple because it doesn't "waste" anything during transformation but M09 "waste" everything this time)

However, I am not pending to cancel the order because It's cheap (I bought M09 for 70 USD. I believe that I will be crazy if it costed 100 USD or over). I am pending to get one more BB's Optimus Prime for my collection and it should be either Transcraft or Toy-Lab, but I will choose carefully this time....

• Like Like x 1
  17. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    For the chipping, I recommend to coat the whole figure with Tamiya Spray TS13 or TS79. I usually do it with my bigger figures, it wors very well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Oh, I wasn't saying you should act like me! In fact, never do that. I'm a terrible role model. ;) 

I have a bottle of Citadel Munitorum Varnish around here somewhere. Do you know if that'd do?

• Like Like x 2
  19. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Are you going to hand brush or air brush?

20. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    Personally I don't like citadel paints, they works fine for miniatures, but not for bigger figures that you need to handle, transform, etc... I prefer more flexible and hard varnishes like Vallejo Premium or spray enamels from Tamiya.

• Like Like x 1