Finished Watching Cybertron/Galaxy Force

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Pravus Prime, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I've been somewhat slowly making my way through all the Transformers series as part of a half hearted personal goal to have seen every TF series. Some have been much easier then others, but I have to say, for as bad as the "Unicron Trilogy" is generally remembered, I rather enjoyed the series.

This is technically my third time watching the series; way back in 2005 I had been watching Galaxy Force via the magic of the internet until around episode 8, when the site that was putting them up stopped. Unlike nowadays where everyone has high speed internet and there are multiple sources, there wasn't the options then, so that was as far as I had gotten sans cable/dish. Later Kids WB would show some of the episodes, so I had seen some of the series up to episode 26. Since then I hadn't seen or even attempted to see any of the series.

I had finished Headmasters a few months ago and was going to go right into Masterforce, but really, I needed a break. After a respite I eventually decided to go to Cybertron/Galaxy Force and finish the Trilogy up. I started a thread here asking which version I should watch and was surprised at the near 50/50 division in responses.

Ultimately I went with the first four episodes of Galaxy Force then switched over to Cybertron, watching the same episode again to get a feel for the differences then stuck with the series as Cybertron; I did use the TF Wiki after each episode to see the differences with Galaxy Force.

Perhaps it was because of other factors, or perhaps because I had recently finished such series that were harder to watch, but I really did enjoy the Cybertron/Galaxy Force. Sure it had too much Burning Justice! and could've done without quite so many stock footage prolonged transformations, but the story was solid, the characters were fun, the cast was varied, and it was enjoyable. As much as I tend to dislike the human cast, I actually liked all the kids in this one. I didn't even care that it makes no sense that Coby was the engineering genius he was when it came to Cybertronian technology; in fact, it made me like him more. He was useful.

'Family' might be my single favorite episode of the series, which is really a surprise for me, but it was such a solid episode, I couldn't help but love it when Optimus shows up. Then when we got closer to the ending the way all the groups started working together really made the story shine. Even the "epilogue" was neat to see. I also really liked and downloaded Itsumo, the first ending credits song from Galaxy Force.

The other thing that's funny is that I think Cybertron did more right then Galaxy Force looking at the notes and whatnot. This is a substantial departure to Energon/Superlink, where I considered Superlink to be a good series and Energon unwatchable.

I also won't hide the fact that there were a few times I got out some of my Cybertron figures, like Scourge and Metroplex.

Overall I think Cybertron works best as a standalone series rather then as a tie in to the others, it's a quite watchable and a fun time indeed.

At this point, I have yet to see Masterforce, Victory, and Zone. I'm missing many episodes of BWII (but I've seen the movie) and a few episodes of BWNeo. I'm hoping none of those series are as hard to watch as Armada was (Seriously I had to force myself to watch it and it was only once a week!), or get as dull as the middle of Headmasters got.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I loved Galaxy Force/Cybertron. I watched it in both languages. Best series of the "trilogy". I feel sad that a lot of people won't give it a chance. I did like the kids in this series too. Lori was bothersome though, I wish Flame Convoy charred her.

The show could be creepy too, that shadow Megatron thing creeped me out when I first saw it.

I even liked the goofy accents.

Masterforce is a great series, and Victory is just plain awesome. Go to them next. Zone and BWII, meh. Beast Wars Neo is cool though.

3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Glad I'm not the only Beast Wars Neo fan! Right on! :thumb 

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Finally more Cybertron/Galaxy Force Fans.

Even though Beast Wars and Armada made me love Transformers, Cybertron sealed the deal for me. It had awesome toys, a interesting plot and charecters. I'm more sure the toys totallyed sealed the deal unlike Beast Wars. (Had i had a lot of Beast Wars toy in 2004, sealed deal.)

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen Cybertron in a while, but it was the first TF show I ever watched, so I've got a bit of nostalgia for it. I'm planning to rent the DVDs and rewatch the show this summer. Although my standards would have been different when I watched it in seventh grade then than they are now, even then I loved Cybertron but found Energon and Armada extremely boring, and could only get through a few episodes of them. I always thought that Cybertron should be its own story, completely independent of Armada and Energon. I never considered them to be in the same continuity.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Signal Lancer toy needs to fucking happen!

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This this this!!!!

8. Sigma Prime

Sigma Prime Heavy Iron

I grew up with the Unicron Trilogy, so I have to love it, regardless of whatever issues it may have.

9. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Like just about everyone here, I don't consider Cybertron as part of Energon and Armada; it makes more sense for it to stand on its own.

Coby and Lori weren't so bad, but I didn't really care for Bud all that much.

10. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    PSST: They didn't stop, they switched servers.

11. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm probably going to finish Headmasters for the first time here in a few weeks, and I'm thinking I might need a break from the Japanese stuff too. Thanks for this review.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cybertron should never touch the crap now as Energon ever.