Final Victory not G1 Brawn

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 1, 2018.

1. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I just can’t get over the color they chose for Brawn’s helmet and forearms/hands. I guess I could live with the latter, but the helmet color looks awful with the silver face. As it stands now, warpath is the only one that I’d like to get.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    That Warpath transformation looks terrifying.

3. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Is anyone interested in just this figure? Another member wants just Warpath and I want just Huffer. If anyone is interested in a 3 way split pm me. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

Brawn and Huffer just look unfinished in spots. What a weird choice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bmc82

bmc82 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just got these bots in. In my opinion Warpath>Brawn>Huffer. All in all, they're decent bots at ~$36 apiece. I haven't transformed them yet, so I can't comment on that yet. The unpainted grey on Brawn and Huffer doesn't look the worst, but it's not great. I'll probably end up painting Brawn's helmet and forearms a darker shade of grey. I won't do anything to Huffer as I already have Badcube V2 Huff and prefer him. I definitely think they'd have more luck with these if they were sold separately. But, they did a good enough job that if they do more bots I'd consider them. Especially if they do a Windcharger.
    IMG_20190114_143656.jpg

I took some time to transform them. Huffer is definitely the easiest and Brawn is the least easy. I didn't use the instructions and all three were fairly easy to figure out. I think I may 3D print a spare tire and gas can for Brawn at some point, but he'll spend most of his life in bot mode. They all have weapon storage in vehicle mode, although I cheated a bit for Huffer. I put the guns in the cab section after transformation by lifting the fender piece, so they rattle around, but won't come out until you transform him back to bot.
    IMG_20190114_160934.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I go back and forth on these. There's no denying they made a bit of a mess of them with inadequate paint apps, boneheaded shortcuts like static hands, too large size in bot, and an odd mix of real world and chibi alt modes. There's just no consistency.
    Having said that, I'd be tentatively interested in Brawn for alt mode, maybe Huffer for alt mode (though I have two copies of BC Huff already doing both bot and alt)and Warpath would be a throw-away toy for my kids. But even on TaoBao this set goes for US$100. And it's just not worth that IMO. Maybe... MAYBE... if I actually wanted all three and had a use case for them all, I'd pay, but I really only want the one, would maybe find a use for the second and have no interest in the third.

There were a couple of guys up thread who only wanted Huffer and Warpath respectively but as an Aussie trying to split the set with folks in the US would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

I'm reasonably confident this set will bomb hard and go into deep discount over the next 6-12 months so I think I'll just wait it out.

8. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:

Yep. I'm gonna sit and wait.

9. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

i dont seek it out but ive come across it on taobao. at one point is was 666 cny and the last time i ran across it, it was 500 something cny. Ill pay 300 cny. which is roughly 20 aud each (14 USD a piece) 350 cny max.

10. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Agreed. Looking today I basically see it for 660.
    350 would be doable for me. More than that and I just can't see the value. And I'm suspecting a lot of others will feel similarly.
    I don't usually the same sort of deep discounts for stuff on TB though (maybe I'm just not looking int the right place) but it will eventually turn up for cheap somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snubnose

Snubnose Active Member

I'd be interested in splitting a set as I'm also in Australia.

12. Kung Fu Roo

perhaps im being a bit cheap. well there is no perhaps, i am cheap. plus i feel like i will have to paint all of these. Being im going to waste paint on them, which isnt cheap, im not paying 100+. If im paying 100+ Im buying Jinbao Dev or something ATM. A 660 ish CNY, Final Victorys RRP on taobao, thats basically WJ Terminus Giganticus (670 CNY), sure shipping will come into play, but still

Plus, i dont really care for autobot minibots other than BB and maybe Cliffjumper. Brawn would be next in line though. I could live with CW/TR legends brawn, wind charger, etc etc... if its all that. those are 5-9 AUD on taobao. the only other trios im going to be forced to PAY 100+ are the insecticons and reflector, but im holding off on that for down the road. I still got a ways to go, im only a little under or at two years into this newest collection

heres a listing for 570 CNY. they have 6 in stock at this price. so 117 AUD or roughly 39 AUD a piece.

变形玩具金刚FinalVictory FV三强勇士大汉 战戟 鲁莽套装 MP比例-淘宝网

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  13. DrLeQuack

DrLeQuack New Member

I'm definitely interested. I'm in the UK though - where are you? I really like the Brawn sculpt... the finish not so much

14. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I'm wanting these guys. I'm not thrilled with the other options out there and especially at the price their commanding these days. I am going to try and hold out for even better price.
    1 because I don't have a big display area ATM
    2 I'm trying to avoid place holders
    3 its money I could be spending on official product which is my main focus

That being said I think it more than a fair price and like the looks of these over the other available options....I know that's not the most popular opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Meh. Don’t worry about whether your opinion is popular or not. There’s no right or wrong in this hobby and one collectors trash is another’s treasure. If you like it, can get it and it fits your collection, then it’s objectively a good figure for your collection. Others feel differently.
    If you’re worried about unpopular opinions... I still maintain that FT Quakewave is a very sub-par design and grossly overvalued by many in this hobby, due to a very bad case of “rose-coloured glasses” syndrome. If you’ve spent much time around here you can imagine the flak folks have given me for saying that!!!
    End of the day : you do you and others can worry about their own collection.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

Trust me I’ve been on these boards for years,although not saying much and know not to care what people say because there are some toxic people here as well as some really great and level headed ones.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Gave you a thumbs up for this post because your sentiment was good.

But on the whole Quakewave thing? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion... Even if they're wrong. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  18. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Quakewave is awesome, these three.... Not so much. I'll still consider then if they're on sale though.

19. Kung Fu Roo

at 29 dolla, quakeblast was a steal.

20. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    And some of us, unfortunately, tend to swing between toxic and level headed depending on the thread and the topic. ;) 
    I've had to start re-reading my own posts after I write them and before I post them, and probably 50% of the time now I just delete them and say to myself "NOPE!" Either it will be taken the wrong way, what I'm saying is not really worth starting an argument over or, fairly often, I'm just being a butt-head.

I stand by my criticism of Quakewave though. He's just a big purple pile of meh to me. :eek: :p ;) 

• Like Like x 3