Final thoughts on season 2?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Made me hate the show.

2. megapork

megapork Cheese

Individually good. As part of an entire season just Dissapointing and flat.

3. TFPrimeReborn

TFPrimeReborn Well-Known Member

This.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Only got good from the last couple of episodes. The rest was pretty meh.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Awesome season. About as good as the first season.

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Agreed :D 

7. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Largely flawed.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Lots of wasted potential :/

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better than Season 1. Felt more urgent and dramatic and actualy had the Iacon Hall Decryption as the overall story of the season unfolding to the very end instead of "SUDDENLY UNICRON!!!".

Sad that Silas plot line got ended so soon, but with the recent interview I can say that I am glad they ended it with a dramatic and actiony episode like Human Factor instead of never fully completing it since Hasbro is forcing writers to add beasts to season 3. It is easier to focus if you have less side plots floating by.

Definetely NOT sad that Orion Pax ended so quickly because amnesia storylines always exhaust me in a story. Never saw it done well.

10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I was sad to see so many good characters go (Breakdown, Airachnid, Dreadwing), and kept hoping that maybe, maybe they could bring them back somehow . . . I did nonetheless enjoy season 2. The only episodes I wasn't into were Grill and Patch for being clip episodes. And I was especially happy when Nemmy Prime fell on Silas. Hehehe.

The feeling of wasted potential that everyone's talking about- yeah, I totally get that. They would introduce a lot of really interesting ideas or status quo changers, only to have them neatly wrap up and never be mentioned again.

Airachnid with her own Insecticon army could've be an awesome wild card for the whole season.

The Nemesis with a mind of its own? Awesome. And never mentioned again.

BUT. For the most part I really enjoyed this season and every episode in it.

11. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

Fact. I can't remember shit of what happened this season. Soooo many damn'd plots, that lead exactly to nowhere-land fast.

Orion Pax? Fixed in three episodes
    Nemesis Prime? Fixed in one.
    BreakSilas? Fixed in one.
    Omeger Keys? Fixed in four
    Bulkheadbeinjured? Fixed in three.
    Relics? ALL THE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

12. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing but wasted potential.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know the last slew of episode followed one another, but I miss the multi-part finale we got for season one, which continued in a multi-part beginning for season two. The finale battle seemed super short--again, I understand that the finale began, well, before the finale, but still, it felt super short.

That said, I love how it all ended!

What a cliffhanger! Season three cannot come soon enough.

After watching the finale again, and in HD, I can't see any of the current Autobots or Decepticons switching sides come season three. They all seem to loyal to their causes and respective leader, especially Ratchet. Ratchet, while profoundly hurt by Optimus' choice and action, I do not believe he'll turn traitor--Agent Fowler and Wheeljack coming to their rescue at the end has to account to something, not to mention the many times humans saved them from Scraplettes, when the Nemesis came online or even when they lost Optimus.

I hope Thundercracker and Mirage are introduced quickly so that we can get the side switchers in and over with quickly, as well as making setting things right;) 

14. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

If this show would focus more on development of the characters as whole (instead of one, maybe three maximum episodes dedicated to one of them), this season would have been great. The turn-arounds and writing that was at least tolerable made it alright, but I can't shake off the feeling that I don't know or care about the characters as much as I would like to, to be immersed. In fact, I skipped a few episodes because they were madly boring to me.

15. cardensb

cardensb Well-Known Member

Was Airachnid killed when the base was destroyed? What happened to the relics after the Autobots dropped them near the Decepticons?