Final Fantasy XIII for the 360

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

God Bushido Blade. That brings back memories. My brother got so pissed when I kept killing him on that game he threw the controller at the wall. Good times....for me anyway. :) 

2. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Realistically, I don't think this will make THAT much of a difference in the short term, even if it were to be released in Japan.

The Japanese seem to want no part of MS, and they would have have no reason to get FF1360 when FFPS13 will be available.

As for the rest of the world, we won't see either iteration of FF13 until some time in 2010. By the time it finally lands on dusty shelves, the consoles will both be in the mass market price range, and many gamers will have chosen which console to buy. This may swing a few more MS's way, but not, I think, enough to shake up current trends.

I imagine the real question will be long term - will this non-exclusivity last beyond FF13, and will Square's "defection" convince other developers that MP is the way to go?

3. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

I doubt Square is going to have much influence on whether they go multi-platform or not. Unless someone can afford to buy your love (which Sony has admitted it can't) to recoup todays huge development costs you need to get your product to as many people as possible.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Screw Einhander & Bushido Blade sequels. How long has it been since Square gave any love to the Rad Racer and WorldRunner fans?

5. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    I love how so many people online are hating Square (for no valid reason, really) because of this move. It's not like Sony owns Square Enix. :p 

*That is not the tongue effect I wanted...

Sure, it was shocking no less, but as long as it's got that kickass Lightning character, Shiva(s), Ifrit, Carbuncle, and Siren, and no doubt a compelling mythology, I don't give a ****.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahaha, awesome. I remember Beating World Runner in 3D. It was a GREAT game and challenging as F%&K, especially landing on those TINY little platforms when there was nowhere to run. It was like Space Harrier, if he lost his rocket pack.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

It's the -only- way to go. MS are going to get tired of moneyhatting for exclusives sooner or later and don't have a strong first party to bolster their holes with.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YES! The only games that will be true exclusives are games that Microsoft and Sony make themselves. :thumbs2: 

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII (never played XI). 'nuff said.

Oh well, maybe things will change for the better with Final Fantasy going 'nextgen', though I severely doubt that...

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest, 13 hasn't impressed me yet. Might be due to not knowing enough about it. But I LOATHED 8's look and characters, and this one is looking to follow that same style. Thus 12 might be the last FF I really like, until we see what happens with 14. I'm not worried. I have Star Ocean.

11. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    FFXIII for the 360? Good news, looks like i'll be able to play it after all. :D 

12. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Those fanboy responses are pure gold.

13. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I think I'm more interested in Final Fantasy Versus XIII at this point. I don't know. We still won't see the title probably within the next 1-2 years.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I can say is that we have reached a point where it really doesn't pay to be a strict fanboy.

I can't imagine not having my Three-Fiddy and I can't imagine not having my Pee Es Three. Eventually Nintendo will announce Kid Icarus: David Hasslehoff invades The Heavens, and I will buy a Wii. Even without the David Hasselhoff game, each system has at least one "must not miss" game.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Okay, guys, Kid Icarus was shitty.

It was a shitty game.

Metroid on the NES was better by a country mile.

WHY THE LOVE?!

WHY?

Maybe it's dead for a reason, or does Captain N give everyone the warm and fuzzies enough to actually want to play some lame dude with wings? :/

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I liked Kid Icarus and Metroid. Both were interesting for their time in different ways. The original Nintendo is the last "Nintendo" system I have owned though. Maybe a Wii for my birthday is in order.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely a case of a opinions differ. I liked Metroid, but never played one through until the end, except for the Cube one. Kid Icarus brought a hellovalot more enjoyment for me. Not to mention, Metroid was straight up shooting and exploring. I thought it was shitty then, and crappy now. Pit mixed up platforming vertically and horizontally with dungeons and even had a slight leveling system and shops where you would upgrade your weapons and buy tools. The Centurions that helped you against the bosses if you freed them throughout the levels were awesome at my age also.

Oh, and him decked out in the last level in armor and shooting lasers for arrows was slick as well.

18. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I about shat myself.

I dont' have to buy a PS3 now!!!

Congrats sony, you don't get to see a dime from until final fantasy XIV!

19. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    oh and maybe we might see some Final Fantasy games on XBLA now...(like 1-12 omit 11)

we can only hope haha.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Kid Icarus on GameBoy was not shitty. The series deserves a sequel because of that version.

But not as much as Star Tropics deserves one.