Figures you Wanted but Passed on Getting.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyjos, May 9, 2021.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Considering picking up the Original G1 Sky Lynx since that one looks fun too.

2. Bustermaster

Bustermaster HEAD ON!, GOD ON!, BRAIN SET!

Oh good god too many to count, Pretty much any repaint unless it’s a diaclone/JG1 homage ala the zone select micromaster bases.
    Uhh recently it’s any of the smaller background g1 guys, huffer, brawn the minibots etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’ve read many posts complaining about Sky Lynx’s side flaps. I guess I’m lucky, because mine clip securely. The issues I had were one of the wings and one of the hind legs falling off. I printed some covers for the wing joints and glued them on. Now, those legs are trapped and add friction. I shaved down the peg on the leg joint (it was oval), and now it’s fine. My kids tend to play with Sky Lynx much more than OS. Probably because of the size, but they love both.
    CW Sky Lynx has those weak ankle joints. It also has a ridiculously short tail. It is also not an impressive display piece.

I passed on the ER Prowl & Ironhide and Ratchet & Lifeline because I couldn’t justify the expense at the time. I regret it. Luckily, I got the R & L from a fellow board member at a reasonable price. I’m still waiting for P & I to be reissued. I also passed on Siege Starscream at $13 many times. I wish I’d gotten him, but he just doesn’t fit my collection. I’m curious about the mold, though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NiteLite

NiteLite Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    There were a lot of things I wanted when i hopped into a local-ish Toy Vault (including a CarRobots Fortress Maximus IN THE BOX), but I was only given a $50 spending limit and got T30 Springer and Whirl, figuring those two were the best bang for my buck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bustermaster

Which local toy vault? I vaguely remember a similar place with brave Maximus in box and kicked myself for not buying it but I also bought earthrise Scorponok that day.

6. NiteLite

NiteLite Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    The one on Emerald Square Mall

7. Mung daal

Mung daal Dancing is forbidden

Saw earthrise sunstreaker in store back in February, I wish I had gotten him, I'll probably get him on ebay when kingdom sideswipe comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

I really want Kingdom airazor, Buzzworthy 27 and 74 but something's telling me to wait. I know we're getting a Masterpiece old Camaro Bee figure soon and I have SS49 which I think is better than 74. Plus on top of that I hear they're coming out with a dotm Bee remold. I'll most likely get Airazor though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bustermaster

I’ve felt like this with so many of the car bots, hindsight I skipped siege cause I knew deep down the earth retools would happen. But now it’s happening with tracks cause I want road rage or loud pedal

• Like Like x 1
  10. Megatron Unicronus

Megatron Unicronus Daring to be Stupid

News Credits:
    Buzzworthy Bumblebee 15. Out of stock every target I look in.

11. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only one - Fortress Maximus. And that only because I could not carry both Trypticon and Fort Max to the car. It seemed a safe enough thing - they'd both been sitting in this shop for several years at that point, they should still be there next year on the next trip (this was January 2020). Come January 2021, well, there was no trip...

12. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

Commander class Sky Lynx, I dig the toy but I'm having second thoughts with the bird half being white because I hate yellowing. Funny enough it's not a problem for me if it was a deluxe or voyager class.

SS Bumblejeep, I kinda like it but I didn't get it when I saw it because I was trying to finish the SS Constructicons first. I could buy it online but the increase prices turns me off from buying it, same goes to Car Dropkick.

A lot of the Titans Return toys I really want but passed on because there was just too much other nice stuff out that time that I got instead.