Figures you have that haven't aged well

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scorpibrunt, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    30th annivesary Sandstorm.

Classics Prowl.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Scorpibrunt

Scorpibrunt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of Universe figures haven't aged well, have they? (My only Universe figures were the Legends Onslaught from who knows how many years ago that I gave to a friend and a Ratchet I got a few months ago so I can't say anything)

• Like Like x 1
  3. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Titan Metroplex. The 2 part head, odd proportions and weak knees ruin it. If it weren’t for the sentimental value I would sell him

4. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    First issue of mp primal and tr voyager prime .

5. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    As a Movie collector, I have a lot:
    1. First Strike Optimus Prime - lame paintjob, outclassed by Battle Blades in 2010 and further made obsolete by SS-32/44 in 2019.
    2. Movie Deluxe Jazz - fat, chubby, oversized vehicle mode, also outclassed by Human Alliance Jazz in 2010.
    3. Movie Voyager Megatron - short, underwhelming backpack management.
    4. Movie Deluxe Barricade - he can't even turn his damn head! Beyond a weak Frenzy-chest gimmick, he's been rendered obsolete by SS Barricade.
    5. Movie Deluxe Brawl - has arms that can't peg, gets loose and wobbly very quickly.
    6. Movie Deluxe Bonecrusher - too small
    7. ROTF Deluxe Rampage - has an alt-mode with pretty much no pegs to keep itself in place, non-film accurate paintjob (the accurate one is pretty much impossible to find), can't stand up without a stupid and not to mention unstable "stand". As you can tell I have quite a beef with this mold, even before SS.
    8. ROTF Deluxe Sideways - bad alt-mode, terrible robot legs, totally wrong paintjob, will likely be outclassed in SS soon.
    9. ROTF Voyager The Fallen - falls too often, has zero play-value, is largely only worth keeping as a "statue" - of which SS will outclass soon.
    10. AOE Deluxe Crosshairs - beyond having better paint, he's been totally outclassed by his TLK retool.
    11. AOE Deluxe Lockdown - terrible proportions overall, wrong colors, lazy copy-pasted transformation, small, fiddly, cheap-feeling.
    12. AOE Voyager Drift - honestly? He's pretty pointless.
    13. AOE Voyager Hound - despite the awesome transformation, he has totally wrong proportions and a hard time standing up. Fun to play with, but an awful Hound compared to the TLK mold.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

T30 Windblade.

I threw her away (in the recycling) when I got Titans Return Windblade. (I gave TR Windblade the sword and scabbard from t30 inferiorblade)

I don't regret it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

WHA???? 9 out of 10 would agree that MP-32 Optimus Primal is just about perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tr steeljaw

9. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Paint chips

10. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

Ah. were they severe?

I have two. neither one has had severe paint chipping.

But when I said about primal being (nearly) perfect, I meant the engineering. The only improvement I'd make is better hands.

11. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pretty severe on mine , mostly from handling it recently .

12. Notomus

Notomus I demand Studio Series DOTM Devcon

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars Silverbolt, Air Raid and Skydive.

Don't get me wrong, I love my combiners; but these guys as individual figures suck!

Skydives nosecone split in half on not just my retail release version of the mold, but on every other variation of the mold released to date! Not to forget that every time I touch him a joint gets looser or some more paint chips off his chest.

Air Raids chest wont last much longer, paint chipping aside; the freaking plastic on his collar is breaking off! At least I now have full shrug motion I guess.

These two can stay in combined mode, with the second Silverbolt I have owned.

My original Silverbolt had the combined mode head snap off, wasn't the end of the world as the pin still fit securely enough so it wouldn't fall out during transformation. One day I was transforming it and out of the blue his arm exploded! Safe to say, that mold isn't being transformed again, ever. Sorry Cyclonus.

F.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    I'd say a few of them are still pretty good. I'm a proud defender of the Universe Datsun mold which I still think is the best CHUG-styled version those characters have so far. Other still-good molds to me are Cyclonus, Sideswipe/Sunstreaker, Hound, and Inferno.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Scorpibrunt

Scorpibrunt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is this even possible? (My Silverbolt did have the combiner head problem but not anything like that with the arm)

• Like Like x 2
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-01 (most egregiously, but a lot of the early MPs don't hold up particularly well, especially after the scale unification) and the entirety of Alternators/Binaltech.

Detail on the toys is still aces, but the body proportions and posture looks so damned off compared to modern toys.

16. Notomus

Notomus I demand Studio Series DOTM Devcon

News Credits:
    I have no clue, the arm had no stress marks or even any issues in the past and it wasn't overly stiff, it just blew up

• Like Like x 1
  17. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 number one Bangles fan on the boards

News Credits:
    That thing didn't age well in 2012. ;) 

I never owned Bruticus, but I owned the Wrecker team it got remolded into. And those have aged like wet bread under a sunlamp. Each member of the team's gotten vastly better figures, for one thing. Hell, even not counting Siege Impactor, his TFSS figure blew the FOC toy out of the water. And since the only changes were new heads/weapons, they shared the weakness of some of them feeling half-finished and looking awkward. And their combined mode is hideous. There's a reason why the central torso is either a bot bigger than the limbbots, or two figures combined into one! He's awkward, unstable, out of proportion. Hell, the only good thing is the combiner head, which can make a decent Xaaron stand-in.

• Like Like x 3
  18. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Gonna agree about T30 Windblade. She won't stand up, but I don't want her as a Head/Titanmaster. The Cyberverse version is taking her place in my display, using T30's sword. Hoping they'll give us a better Windblade figure that is NOT a Titanmaster sometime soon in WFC.

I sold off most of my figures that hadn't aged well for precisely that reason.

I disagree strongly about T30 Metroplex, but that's mostly just sentimentality talking.

Much as I hate to admit it, T30 Jetfire hasn't aged particularity well. Siege Jetfire is better than him in almost every way. Hell, my Classics Jetfire has aged better than T30 in terms of functionality. IMHO, T30 gets by on his looks. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    That don’t make him outdated lol . It just means you enjoy messing around with him . Which , I can’t fault you for that .

• Like Like x 1
  20. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    McDonald's hotshot

• Like Like x 1