Figures you HATE transforming.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IceMagnus, Oct 20, 2012.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    ROTF Mixmaster
    TM Megatron, because he breaks all the time.

2. Autobrand

Autobrand Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Megatron. I spent an about an hour attempting to transform that bastard using those Japanese instructions. Got it, but broke him in the process and he has been in robot mode ever since.

After that, he survived (sort of) an 8 foot fall from the shelf he was displayed on. Now, the rust-foot has set in. My wife still holds that purchase over my head.

3. data81

data81 LIBERTY TATTOO SEATTLE

Ebay:
    I'm more than likely going to be echoing a lot of responses here, but here it goes:

DOTM jolt. My first ever mid-transformation rage quit.
    Generations Straxus-this thing can go straight to hell
    MP Megatron-I can't even look at him for fear of breaking
    Alternators Grimlock-I think it's just me, but that damn head.
    Shadow commander (any of the prime mould armor)- I feel like I'm going to shatter the legs if I try to take them off.

4. Draconius76

Draconius76 Bio-Form

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    DOTM Leaderclass Jetfire. Too fiddly to line up, never goes together properly. Panels pop off. I just leave him as Prime's armour, or if I want to have Prime (another pain in the butt with those chest panels needing to come in and out of that thin track) on his own I just leave him all flopped open to hang on the back of Prime later

5. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

You could give them away. A novel concept I know.

Anyways Recon Ironhide is a giant pain in the ass and RTS Perceptor might as well have no alt mode because he's never going back.

6. PORTER

PORTER energon is just mtn dew

dotm voyager ironhide.both modes are okay but the wonky arms just kill it for me.
    i actually really love straxus as a figure.

7. Furyan

Furyan Furyanicon

News Credits:
    Id have to say Mp03 Greenscream. He was my first masterpiece figure and the second Transformer I had bought since the G1 era. It must have taken me 45-55 mins to transform him the first time. I was scared shitless that I was gonna break him so I transformed him back to jet mode and havent touched him since. That was 2009. After dropping $250 for him I have no desire to transform him ever again. Besides his jet mode is the most attractive.

After him Id say Binaltech Grimlock and Mirage. Transformed Grimmy and that was painful. So painful I havent even attempted Mirage. Dont wanna scratch them up.

8. iconbot

iconbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC Bumblebee. Baffles me at every point.

9. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

ROTF leader prime and WFC bumblebee

10. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I'm a perfectionist when it comes to transforming the Alternators, but Grimlock and Wheeljack are two that always look like they've just been through a head-on collision. At least, given it's Wheeljack and a Dinobot in car mode, that kinda makes sense. =p

I'll include several of the Transmetal BW figures as well, mainly because I just worry about the chrome flaking off more.

11. Salty

Salty Fritobot

Leader Jetfire. Awesome jet mode but what a white knuckle balancing act trying to get those damn panels to stay in place. It's almost like you have to stretch the thing to get it to pop into alt mode.

12. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

By far, Universe Galvatron.

ROTF mixmaster is very difficult for sure, but I feel it's just difficult as in "I can't figure it out" while galvatron is difficult as in "This thing falls apart at the drop of a hat).

I honestly don't know what people are saying with regard to the alternators grimlock/wheeljack mold. I have many of them, and with the exception of a very-very-very tight swivel they're ok. Maybe I've just done it so many times I know what to do (I've made many customs of this mold)

13. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

anything bigger than a legends class

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RotF Jetfire is the only one I truly dislike. The slots in his engines where they slip over his wings is the worst. They're cut to such exacting tolerances that the wings continually just pop apart instead of threading into the slots cleanly.

Apart from that step, he's fine. But that step is just so haphazardly frustrating.

15. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Alternators Smokescreen, going into car mode. I can never get his arms and hands quite right the first time through. Once I have those, then I have a hell of a time getting the back part of the car mode lined up right.

The Alt Mustang, ironically, I have no problem with. The Subaru? Fughetaboutit!

16. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

Agreed wholeheartedly. I still haven't gotten him back in jet mode since I got him.

Other than that, Universe Galvy, Energon Screamer (feel like the arms are going to break everytime), Alternators Prime (have a 1/2" gap between cab and bed in vehicle mode).

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    - ROTF Ultimate Bumblebee, heavy and no fun at all, hurts my fingers
    - Alternity Bumblebee/Cliffjumper, because the paint scrapes off easily!

18. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Beast Wars Scourge, because the chrome flakes off like crazy...

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Battle Ops Bumblebee, or the re-release of the Ultimate Bumblebee from Movie 1? Because Battle Ops 'Bee is awesome.

20. Hosta

Hosta Banned

Star Wars Transformers Death Star Vader! getting his shell parts to connect properly, is a nightmare.

sorry Tusko, i didn't know that you already had posted that!(love the pic btw..lol) but you know where i'm coming from

also...some ppl mentioned WFC Bumblebee, Prime & Alternator Smokescreen, Prime, yeah...i've got those too! & they can be quite trying when transforming them.