Figures you feel lucky to own

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leemaster777, Mar 29, 2021.

1. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultimetal Battle Damaged Optimus Prime. It was tough to pull the trigger on him but after receiving him I have no regrets. Once it dries up he will likely be difficult to hunt down.

2. Jhiaxus666

Jhiaxus666 slagmaker

News Credits:
    I'd say my European G2 Clench/Colossus would probably be my most prized figure. I first saw him in a Japanese/ International Transformers book I own that I purchased in 2005. I really thought he was such a cool design and made it my goal to get one. I've seen a few auctions here and there but he wasn't complete. Either missing the back half or no missiles or lack of stickers. Two years ago I finally caught a break. Found one MISB on Ebay for about $160. Without hesitation I bought him. No regrets.

20201016_033125.jpg
    20201016_032923.jpg
    20201016_032748.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

When I think lucky, it’s that I managed to garner the complete Seekers and Coneheads, plus the Battlechargers from retail without a cancellation or resorting to third parties.

Also there’s just plain lucky pulls from retail. I saw and put down a Netflix Soundwave in favor or Netflix Optimus that I didn’t see ever again either. Because of timing I got SS86 Grimlock for less than retail off the shelf. And maybe that I have two of the three Millions Publishing exclusives I wanted: Artfire and Electro Disruptor Mirage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Indy2006

Indy2006 Well-Known Member

Some of the ones I’m Particularly happy to have bought (particularly at early prices)

- Generations Metroplex (And the other 3 main city titans TBH)
    - Legends Slipstream & Legends Nightbird.
    - Siege Phantom Strike set (to complete my Siege Seekers)
    - TFCC Lifeline
    - Combined Wars Computron

And from a third party perspective

- Titanium Saint - Best Alpha Trion figure I know of..,
    - MMC Magna/Inventa - Skylinx. This guy appears to be very hard to get anymore.

5. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, almost forgot about Metroplex.
    I bought the original Hasbro version, then later sold just the body and bought the Takara version for less than the retail price I got the Hasbro one for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

MMC Carnifex - I was crushed when the planned rerelease was cancelled, and thought I’d never get one. Then TFSource got one in their Vintage section. I wasn’t about to give them my payment info, so I made myself a deal: if it was still there after I got out of work, I’d go buy a prepaid Visa and order it that way. I was refreshing that listing in line to cash out, and placed the order from the parking lot. I was stunned to get it, since other listings had gone very quickly.

Feral Rex - This was my first real third party purchase, and it’s the only figure I’ve never rotated off the display shelf.

Siege/Earthrise Seekers - I love the Seekers and have a minor obsession with getting all of them. So far, I’ve been able to accomplish that goal.

Netflix Soundwave - It’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a Soundwave figure.

Generation Selects Seacons - These were not easy to get, but I had the original gift set as a kid, and they were some of my all-time favorite toys. I had to have their updates. I can’t wait for the upgrade kit to come out, though.

7. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

With out a doubt, my unreleased green Ramulas. Pretty sure it was a botcon display. Had to sell my g1 ft max to get it, but then the encore came out so it all worked out.

8. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    To be honest, I feel like I'm lucky to have had the means to buy every single figure in my collection.

But when it comes to luck, and I'm not saying this to brag, but I feel like I have been extremely lucky to get the recent Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Target exclusives I have wanted without too much issue with cancellations or extremely long delays. Only one I had issue with getting was Netflix Bumblebee and I was also lucky to have a friend who had an extra one for sale along with Elita-1. While I consider myself lucky, I still think it sucks that nothing has been done by Hasbro to make this right for those that were not, especially with the Amazon figures going back to Siege Greenlight. Fingers crossed it gets addressed at Pulse-Con.

• Like Like x 2
  9. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I guess I am happy to have stayed pretty current with the Titans as they have come out. Sadly I haven't been able to display them properly but that is my goal this summer, revamping my living room and getting new shelves to enjoy all that I have.

Besides those it would be the later waves that were harder to come by and pre-orders paid off or I got lucky and made deals on here for them. Also my 20th Anniversary OP that was the first b-day gift my wife bought me while we were dating. That will always be the centerpiece of wherever I display my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I feel lucky to have a few Japanese G1 figures:

- Grand Maximus complete $450 - ebay
    - Star Saber complete $250 - comic convention
    - Shouki complete MIB $100 - ebay
    - Ranger complete $50 - Botcon 2001
    - Minerva main body & helmet $120 - TFExpo 2018
    - Goshooter main body only $75 - ebay (I Frankensteined 2 broken Goshooters to make 1 good figure.)
    - Deszarus main body only $45 - ebay (auction was titled "unknown bird Transformer")
    - Leozack main body only $30 - ebay
    - Hydra main body only $20 - ebay

As for my regular US released G1 Transformers, I feel pretty lucky to have gotten most of them when I did. I started collecting in the early to mid 90's. About 75% of my G1 figures are incomplete. But I only paid around $1-$10 each for most of them. Mostly yard sale, thrift shop, and flea market finds. I even found Bumblejumper (Bumper) at a thrift shop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ampsb

ampsb Active Member

I managed to snag the Takara TG Metroplex but it's yellowed now despite being kept away from sunlight. Sigh. Now the hunt begins for a new one...

12. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Netflix Soundwave and Hegemon without the Orange safety cap.

13. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

The RID/Car Robots figures. I had been out of Tf collecting since ‘88. I had gotten back into collecting with STar Wars figures in the late ‘90s. So would occasionally pop into a Toys R Us.

I just happened to notice the transformers during a hunt. It was well into Rid already tho. Saw the “baldigus” figures and Scourge. Needless to say I got hooked big time. Picked up the car brothers. Ended up picking up Op, UM, the train bots all on deep clearance at WM. Very lucky to own those. Been collecting tfs again ever since.

• Like Like x 2
  14. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Haslab Unicron. I’ve decided to keep him in Planet mode. Something about it is just captivating
    A534BAB3-4216-4658-AB28-FE17F940818E.jpeg 91A735E8-FE56-44CD-BE1B-7A414703300A.jpeg

15. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    The ehobby Powered Convoy reissue.

3 leader Ultra Magni in Generations and we haven’t gotten that repaint yet???

• Like Like x 1
  16. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Figure Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Siege Skywarp, which I just sold, Primal prime, the fallen, god ginrai!, pe cryotek which I wait foreverrrr for, tfc hercules, metroplex grandmother got me that as soon as he came out pretty lucky for that

17. MattOnCybertron

MattOnCybertron Well-Known Member

TRU Masterpiece Starscream, that thing was such a PITA to get hands on but I was overjoyed once I did. Probably one of the last great memories of Toys R Us I have as well.

The new edition is no doubt superior but looks a little goofy to me so the MP 11 trio is it for now

18. Rustface

Rustface Well-Known Member

Wei Jiang Black Apple Optimus.

Gorgeous in both modes and, after WJ got raided, nearly impossible to find.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    A full trio of prototype FoC Seekers

• Like Like x 2
  20. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

AWG a.jpg
    Anyone should feel lucky to own this sexy fella!

• Like Like x 2