Figures you feel lucky to own

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leemaster777, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Riddler87

Riddler87 semi-retired transformers collector

I have two, the first one being my G2 Megatron that I've had since 94. Just the fact that I still have it and being the keystone for my collection basically from the start. Also, the red fox kids repaint of transmetal Cheetor. I had the original as a kid but there wasn't any friction in one of the ball-jointed elbows so his arm kept falling off. I brought the red one at a flea market last September for $10. I look him up online and discover that he is a very rare figure. I don't have a whole lot that I would really consider rare, I've brought and sold so much that by this point my collection is pretty current. So having a figure like that adds a little something extra to my collection.

2. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Rts lugnut
    Most of my combiners
    Most of my titans
    The Earthrise Netflix figures
    All the earthrise seekers
    Haslab unicron
    Ss retail constructicons
    The 2 titans returns boxsets
    The last 2 waves of titans returns deluxes
    Ss dotm prime

3. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    2012 Universal Studios Deluxe Evac. I got the retail Legion figure realizing I will more than likely never own the Deluxe. Oh, my local Comic Convention have proven me wrong.
    20190628_211737.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Universal Evac, Autobot Alliance Ironhids and Prowl.

5. Victory Force

Victory Force Transformers Weeb

Feeling pretty happy about owning Legends Greatshot as I saw the price skyrocketing

6. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Figures I own... some I care for and some I don't but am "lucky".

Care for:
    Galaxy Force Starscream - This is one of the best Starscream figures ever made. He wasn't released in the US in his real colors, instead had a weird TRU repaint. But he's a stunny looking Voyager with a great transformation and a lot of molded detail. If there is one downside to him, it's that he LOOKS like he should have more articulation than he actually has. But all the same, he's a real looker.

RID 2001 "Brave Maximus" Korea Version - I never owned Fortress Maximus growing up (I got a used one at in a junker lot years later and refirbushed it). RID was my big return to Transformers after dabbling in Beast Wars. I was really hoping we'd get RID Fortress Maximus in a US release through FAO Schwartz. That was canceled due to drop test failures, but a potentially better version came along from RID"s release in South Korea. It was the first toy I got on BBTS (and when I created my account) and the capstone to my RID collection. I keep it displayed now with my other RID 2001 toys.

Haslab Unicron - Anyone who thinks this guy isn't worth it is smocking some strong shit. That's all I have to say. There are two two CHUG collections: those that have Unicron and those that don't.

The Last Knight "Cybertron" Primus - I got him at the clearance price of $70 (down from the $135 MSRP). At $70, well worth it. He's the best US release deco of the mold. Does he look great? Eh he's okay. What he really is, is the absolute last Transformer I ever bought from Toys R Us. Sad. :( 

FT-16M Sovereign (movie version) - What to say about this guy other than, stunning through and through?

RID 2001 Dreadwing and Smokejumper - These two pre-universe guys are the best versions of the G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen mold, that was like 15 years ahead of its time. They're JUST looking kind of dated now. It's crazy to me that Transformers will barely touch the B-2 bomber. We got this mold, back from Generationg, Wind Saber in Energon... and a Micromaster and maybe a Minicon? So silly. Well they dazzle ine very mold and just have a lot of shelf presence. Also I gather, they were really hard to find?

Don't Care For:
    Titans Return "Hascon" Arcee - A unique mold exclusive was pretty cool. But what to say about this Arcee other than this figure is trash? A completely terrible replacement for the Generations figure released 18 months before, albeit with a lot of unique parts differentiating it from the other TR Blurr redecos. But that being said itis HILARIOUS to me that this figure was available for about 2 hours, on a random Thursday morning, and you pretty much had to be reading this website to know it was going on sale. If you missed it, you missed nothing, but you had to be right place, right time to pick her up.

Those mid/late TR deluxes - These guys are notoriously hard to find and command a big markup. For some reason, they had very little shelf presence. You had to be actively looking to find them, and/or put in your orders online, early. I got one of them, Slugslinger, at Midtown Comics in New York City. They had one of them. I was in town to visit my brother and did a swing through Midtown Comics... so like this was a once a year affair. And there it was... hanging on a rack for its release week. I paid a markup of course, but I grabbed him. I don't particularly love these characters, but I'm lucky to own them.

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Glad I picked up a Mib unused Battle Gaea in 2005 or so for 450...dont even wanna know what he would sell for now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Amazon Autobot Two Pack

MP-24

G1 Warpath

G2 Swindle

9. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    In all honesty, I feel lucky to own every figure I have. But to narrow it down to the top picks:

Haslab Unicron
    Botcon 2016 Megatron and Airazor
    Universal Studios Evac
    Complete G1 Galvatron (the orange cannon can be pretty difficult to find on ebay)
    Hasbro MP Soundwave with Cassettes

10. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that I think about it, pretty much anything in the last couple years. Our stores locally don't stock Transformers. Online is iffy. Pulse has been great. TFW2005 has been great warning of coming Japan only stuff like Big Powered.

11. Megatron Unicronus

Megatron Unicronus Needs LEGO Optimus

News Credits:
    screams, not internally, just screams

Autobot Alliance

Paradron Medics

LG Soundwave

MP-18

MPM-6

MPM-7

Earthrise Thrust

Cybertronian Villains: Skywarp and Thundercracker

Cyberverse Leader Class Optimus Prime

Earthrise Scorponok

Siege Omega Supreme

Literally anything from ss86 and kingdom

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2021
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Another one would be Takara Quickstrike, I got him MISB. Easily one of my favorite figures.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Oh boy there's quite a list.

Tokyo Toy Show Darkside Op and Megs 2-pack- This was a weird since on their normal site BBTS had this set for normal price at around $110 ish, but for some reason on their Amazon storefront they slashed the price to $50. Didn't waste a second just logged in and picked up both sets they had. Considering how much each goes for I'm insanely lucky to have stumbled onto the sale.

TR Fengul x2- Didn't really have interest in Grotusque but was insanely obsessed with the Titan Masters. Got lucky on ebay and ended up with two from the same seller. Why? I don't know but they listed them individually about a week a part. Funny enough one has a bit of head dent(think Crankcase from MTMTE) so he ended up being a desk fiddle toy.

TR Ramhorn both variants- oy oy oy got super lucky with ebay and got both for retail. Considering how rare he is that was insane luck.

HFTD Breacher- TRU had the only 2 I have ever seen at retail.

MP Marvel deco Ratbat- Almost missed him because I got caught up in irl stuff plus other TF related hunts. If he hadn't popped up as a related item listing would never have known there single listings.

Legends Nemesis Shuffler- Kind of like Ratbat it was just pure luck and a smidge more money then I had intended. Did have LG Blitz on pre-order but had to cancel him due to unforeseen things popping up.

RID2015 LORD DOOMITRON- It's been so long I don't even know what happened but his wave never hid the US and just randomly found a UK listing for an insanely(albeit pricey) listing. Snagged 2 and never looked back. Fun little guy and when are we ever going to get another LORD DOOMITRON!!

CW Wildrider- Got lucky and managed to snag a pre-order with Hasbro.

TRU MP Grim- Somehow managed to luck out and sneak in a pre-order at $64 shipped.....better yet I don't think TRU ever charged me when he came in. :shrug:

Generations Ultimate Giftset- G2 Jazz loved that figure to death as a kid so seeing him get a close enough update was a high priority. Ended up pre-ordering the set despite only wanting Jazz because as mother always said "if it something you really want, get it, because you might end up regretting it later.". Considering how much Jazz goes alone, yeah pre-ordering was a good idea.

The ultimate is a test shot for the Legends of Cybertron Starscream. My butt has never puckered so much waiting for an auction to end. Later found out there was someone here that was eyeing him too but decided not to bid.

14. CheggyChonkers

CheggyChonkers Heroic Master of Buying Toys

YouTube (Legacy):
    TR Misfire and Slugslinger: I paid a bit more for them, but it was way better than Ebay prices.

Beast Wars Optimus Primal: This one's been slightly lessened by that new reissue, but it's still one of my proudest purchases.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

My Soul of Chogokin Voltrons (GX-71 and GX-88). Scored them both during their retail releases.

16. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    A complete G1 Thunderwing. He was a reasonable price at Vintage Stock.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly, all of the Amazon exclusives as of late. I've gotten every one without major delays. I ordered them all day one, and so did many others. Yet many day one people suffered major delays or cancellations.

Can't even begin to speculate how Amazon prioritized who gets what. But I'm lucky that I just got everything.

18. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

Original issue Powermaster Optimus Prime in very good condition.

Maybe a common figure, but it was the first TF I had as a kid (my original being 'lost' by my parents) and the random ebay purchase that got me back into TFs as an adult. Every time I get this chunky brick out to mess around with it brings back many great memories...

19. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently today's addition is "Black Zarak preorder" sigh...

• Like Like x 1
  20. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Beast Wars Metals Megatron (Transmetal Megatron with NO GPS!)
    Deluxe Sized KO of Beast Machines Nightscream
    UW Computron

• Like Like x 1