Figures that made Your year

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Scarlet knight, Dec 30, 2019.

?

What brand made Your favorite figure of the year?

1. Transformers

63.6%
  2. Marvel legends

11.4%
  3. Sh figurearts

15.9%
  4. Sh Monsterarts

2.3%
  5. NECA

9.1%
  6. DC Comics multiverse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Star wars the Black series

4.5%
  8. Star wars the Vintage collection

4.5%
  9. Gundam

11.4%
  10. Other state below

40.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Transformers is where I spend most of my collecting budget, and this year too I bought a lot of fantastic figures like the new Masterpiece Optimus Prime and Hound, the Flame Toys Star Saber and Drift (I actually have yet to open the latter, but I don't think he's gonna disappoint), the Zeta toys Superion.
    I also have to mention the DX Chogokin Vf1j, not only because it's beautiful, but was so hard to obtain and filled a significant gap in my collection that lacked Macross merchandise.
    Diaclone Big Powered has a huge playability, exactly what I like for my figures. Only drawback? To make full use of its features, you feel really tempted to spend tons of money into Duaclone stuff.
    Honorable mention for Figuarts Broly full power, the best humanoid action figure I own.

2. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

While I would say that there are more Transformers figures among my top favorites of 2019, my absolute single favorite figure of 2019 is the Walmart exclusive Star Wars Black Series Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. Unfortunately, most of these figures had loose hips and only a few didn't have this flaw. I was unable to find one without loose hips so I bought the earlier released Death Star II Luke and swapped out the lower torso just to fix the hip issue. Even despite having to go through that trouble just for one figure, I don't care, it's still my favorite figure of 2019. Luke was always my favorite Star Wars character and his black Jedi outfit was always my favorite look. This is in my opinion, the best looking Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker figure ever released. Well, except Hot Toys of course but who has that kind of money?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. crazyjw18

crazyjw18 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seige Jetfire is hands down my favorite. While I wasnt specifically obsessed with getting a cartoon accurate Skyfire I do love Jetfire in all his forms and getting such a high quality figure was a real treat. Seige as a whole gave us a lot of nice stuff.

Honorable mention goes to the JP Amber collection raptor and Bring Arts finally giving us some some Xenogears figures.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I’ve slowly been losing focus in Transformers and moving over to Marvel this year, so I voted SH Figuarts, Marvel Legends, and TFs.

Marvel Legends Iron Man from the 80th anniversary line has to be my favorite of the year, with SHF Thanos as second, and SHF Tony Stark (reissue) being third. But these are my top 10 overall, with no real ranking except for the top 3 I mentioned.

DDDCC6FE-1561-49F6-A620-2082ADE47C39.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. starquantumstratos85

starquantumstratos85 Well-Known Member

For me this year it has to be siege jetfire and most of the lightning collection

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    NECA's Godzilla 62, 64, Michael Myers, Laurie Strode, the Power Rangers Lightning Collection, and then these Marvelous guys:

[​IMG]

However, the best thing to happen in 2019 was the Godzilla Showa box set from Criterion along with the Ultraman releases from Mill Creek.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too many categories to pick from for this poll lol. But the top included Transformers, SHFs, and NECA so went with those.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I gotta quit dragging my feet and get that Classic color Mezco Iron Man. Perfection.

9. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, both are excellent. I don't get why those don't seem to be selling while so many others that don't look as good sell out instantly but I guess that's just the unpredictability of the market. They are the best Mezco figures I've handled along with Darkseid.

• Like Like x 1
  10. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I was wondering the same thing, but I am glad, because it gives me a chance to pick it up. That said, I hope it’s sales didn’t hurt future releases, like a possible Silver Centurion, etc.

11. Slave IV

Yeah, Silver Centurion is the #1 armor I need to make my collection feel complete. Also need a pointy helmet and I can pretty much consider my Hall of Armor finished. Of course, I'd take others if they look good enough.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    These
    IMG_6057.JPG IMG_6058.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  13. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

Well, i began 2019 with the BANDAI DX 1/48 MACROSS VF-1J mentioned above,
    and i'm ending it with this pair of To Heart 2 Character Dolls that i've been after now for years.

i'd call that a rather exceptional pair of bookends for a rather unexceptional year;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Some day I'm going to pick up that new OOO.

And some day I'll also come across Zedd.

I can not believe Kiva has the chair and violin though. That is amazing!

15. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sold separately unfortunately (with his bike). But still real glad we got the violin somehow!

16. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I hate to admit it, but the one figure that was simply fabulous in every way was the DX VF-1J, hands down. I've been very happy with the G1 TT and 3P MP figures this year, but the Valkyrie is probably the sine qua non for me for this figure, despite its small flaws.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really need to think...2019 had alot of outstanding figures for me across various companies...

i) Transformers Siege has been pretty outstanding for me such as Optimus, Omega Supreme.

ii) Transformers MP. MP-44 Optimus should have clinched it but the shoddy QC killed it for me.

iii) Star Wars Black Series Jedi Knight Luke. If he had butterfly joints, he would be won it in terms of “value”.

iii) Mafex for John Wick Chapter I & II figures...the head sculpt on the latter is pretty good.

iii) 1000toys for Hellboy. Almost the perfect figure if not for the robotic-like hand of Doom.

iv) Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Hulk...really lived up to expectations. But something is abit off.

*Figures that I’m abit regretting not getting are the DX Valks and that 1/60 Nu Gundam...the latter is a BEAST of a figure but the funnels and the lack of a 1/60 Sazabi to accompany it fueled my decision not to get it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Slave IV

Why would you hate to admit that one of the greatest designs in toys all time would be one of the best toys of the year with a new, improved version?:D 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Well, this is a TF forum...

20. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Sideshow Collectibles Boba Fett.
    FB_IMG_1577467553036.jpg

• Like Like x 5