Figures that have broke/ you broke

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Jan 15, 2020.

1. TheNitroZeus

TheNitroZeus Tried to forage Subdurmal's signature

I've had a few figures(or parts of a figure) break on me. Disclaimer: Not all of these murders were my fault. I think.

Siege Chromia: Something caused her head(and the piece that her head was attached to) to get stuck while I was transforming her from vehicle mode to robot mode for the first time. I ended up breaking part of her chest off.

Studio Series DotM Soundwave: At the back of each door in vehicle mode, there is a clip(or is it a tab?). I broke off the clip for the right door while trying to transform him for the first time.

Earthrise Grapple: The peg problem. I was being an idiot(not uncommon) and didn't sand the pegs down, since I was hoping that my copy didn't have the peg problem. I plugged one of the pegs into its respective foot and tried to unplug it. Spoilers: It got stuck.

Kingdom Blackarachnia: The tab under her boobs broke. The tab refuses to leave the slot.

Titans Return Soundwave: He was sitting on my bed in boombox mode. I moved around(it was a waterbed) and he fell off the edge. The sniper rifle broke off at its handle.

Studio Series Barricade: One of the tabs at the back of the car broke(I don't know when) and a chunk of the socket joint that keeps the hood of the car mode attached to the figure broke off.

Power of the Primes Skrapnel: I was just messing around with him. While I was transforming him, he decided that I wanted two pieces and proceeded to break in half. There is a hinge at the back of the figure that is kept together by a pin. Part of the hinge that is part of the torso broke, leaving enough space for the pin to jump off of the figure. The part of the hinge that is attached to the crotch was fine, so the crotch and the legs went with the pin. Some of the torso hinge part still remains, and I can use it as a kind of hook to reattach the crotch to the torso.

Siege Shockwave: I don't remember why I took him with me, but I did. We(me and my mom) had gone to get pizza(and at least one other place before getting pizza) and we had arrived at our house. I decided that I wanted to carry at least 2 pizza boxes(I forget how many we got), Shockwave, and at least one other thing so that I didn't have to go back out and get stuff(it might've been raining). I put Shockwave on his hoverboard, then put him on top of the boxes with him standing up, and went to go inside. At some point between heading for the front door and being inside, he and his hoverboard fell off the pizza boxes. The only thing that broke was part of his right ear and part of my heart.

War for Cybertron(the game) Cliffjumper: One of his swords. I don't remember how, but the sword on his left arm broke off.

Dark of the Moon Skyhammer: His left arm broke off between his shoulder and his torso. Don't know why.

Hunt for the Decepticons Hailstorm: One of the tabs that keeps its respective missile launcher in place snapped off and got stuck in its slot, but I did get it unstuck. One of the pegs that keeps his backpack closed also broke off, but I can't really get it out.

Dark of the Moon Voyager Class Optimus Prime: One of the panels at the back of his Mechtech gun that move broke off, along with the weapon port underneath it, along with a couple other bits.

There are others, but this list is already too long.

Edit 1: I was planning on getting rid of DotM Voyager Class Optimus Prime, but I decided not to. He may or may not have dropped his gun while I was taking him back to my room, which may or may not have gone done a flight of stairs and break even more. Ok, it did. I tried to fix it, but it broke even more and I think I might've damaged one of the screws to the point of it not being able to be unscrewed. I'm hoping that I'm not inhaling the tiny shiny flakes that I'm guessing are from the screws. Either way, the gun is done for.

Edit 2: I gave up on DotM Optimus.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's see... over my many years of collecting, the following, at least:

- Energon Scorponok - the clear turrets on the side of his chest plate, one broke off, and I pulled off the other for the purposes of symmetry.
    - ROTF Deluxe Ratchet - He took a big fall off the shelf and one of the grey headlight pieces on his shoulders in robot mode broke off. I bought a second one but to this day never opened it!
    - TF1 Deluxe Barricade - I didn't actually break him, but I was painting him and the paint pen exploded and went all over him. So I ended up running with it and turning him into a "zombie" Barricade.
    - TF1 Deluxe Longarm - after many years of use, the slots on the hook of his tow assembly cracked and no longer stay on.
    - ROTF Ice Cream Twins - I transformed them after years of display and one of the pegs that connects Skids to Mudflap would not come out when transforming them back, so it snapped off.
    - Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo - my friend just started messing with him and broke one of the pieces that his rotor connects to in robot mode clean off. He never replaced it... but I did with Quickslinger!
    - TLK Deluxe Crosshairs - I was customizing him, so I popped his arm off the mushroom peg. I guess the pressure was too much for the thin plastic, so the forearm just totally split in half. I had to get a new one.
    - MPM Ironhide - as with almost everyone's copy of the figure, the tiny tabs on the center panel of his car hood snapped.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

Earthrise cliffjumper and hoist

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

Oh I've had several figures break on me for various reasons. Some I've been able to fix, others not so much. Off the top of my head:

CW Silverbolt - Superion's head peg broke like many others' have. Also slight break on the two halves on the cone of the jet split a bit but it's not too noticeable
    Masterpiece 1 Optimus - Leg broke off the hip, but it still stays in both robot and truck mode decently well
    Alternators Rodimus - door broke off. This one makes me sad
    Prime Dreadwing - the tail fins / rear jet piece broke where the pin holds it. Still looks fine in robot mode
    CW Long Haul - slight crack in the truck cab / chest piece on the side. I glued it back together and it's not too noticeable
    RID Hightower - his foot broke off
    Siege Soundblaster - he actually came broken. The pin connecting his torso and hip piece misfired in production and didn't get through the pin holes. There's two holes on the torso side and one of the pieces broke. I was able to pull the pin and set it correctly so he works just fine now, but one of the pin hole pieces is broken off
    Studio Scourge - his thumb broke off one of his hands. I tried to glue it once but it didn't take. Need to try it again.
    TR Wierdwolf - his back flap broke the same place everyone else's did

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    RID Rapid-Run. Had just gotten him since he was the last one I needed to form Rail Racer. Broke the nose of the train off at the pin pushing it too far as a kid.

POTP Swoop. His head must have had some run off glue on the joint. Went to go turn it and the ball sheared right off. Ended up getting a replacement though

Studio Series Jetwing Prime. Broke the tab that holds his feet/truck grille together trying to split them for robot mode

TFC Toys Iron Army Shinden. Broke a propeller blade trying to remove him from a combiner port

Just to name a few, these ones stuck with me for some reason lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I can add Earthrise Smokescreen as of yesterday.

G1 Snarler

Haven't been able to find one of Earthrise Zarak's Titanmaster arms in months.

7. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

With the exception of a couple of customizations— and those were easily fixed—I’ve had no breakage in 37 years.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Richard CC

Richard CC Member

There has been many fatalities in my collection mostly when I was younger that are long gone the worst for me was G1 Quickswitch head snapped off and G1 Metroplex snapped in half by the waist

9. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Then what broke 38 years ago?

10. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 329 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    11AC6FB0-ABBB-4425-9494-472564A15B69.jpeg F5330144-E823-41B8-8430-0EA45091ED30.jpeg C262EC39-60F1-4506-953E-AA66DF470C40.jpeg 31ACAB32-EF29-46C5-9D0A-4ADF26F87B86.jpeg 856F296F-9B12-4B24-A064-E44765E3E149.jpeg DEAA1793-ABEC-4DFF-BFD4-B2D1C1C1DAE0.jpeg 4FE4008A-86AA-4326-909B-252AF54DAE84.jpeg 99771452-4D19-462E-B4D8-5D7F56ADEE17.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Hmm... probably GI Joes...

• Like Like x 1
  13. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Sid got bored blowing up Combat Carls, and decided to move onto Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Also, on the topic of the images above, I'm trying to identify everything I'm seeing, but I'm not entirely able to.

Image 1: Definitely a Beast Hunters Wheeljack, but I can't place the legs. The engineering leads me to suspect it's from RID2015, though.

Image 2: Definitely a Prime from the movieverse (the feet are a dead giveaway), but the blurriness of the photo, combined with the altered colors makes it hard to identify which one. Also, no idea what those things on his shoulders are.

Image 3: Definitely a Titans Return Hot Rod, but with a Generations Scoop leg.

Image 4: AoE Galvatron, easy enough.

Image 5: Generations Armada Starscream, but the legs are a mystery. Again, the engineering seems to point to RID2015. The guns are also unknown, but they seem oddly G1ish. There's also some... thing... on his back that I can't identify at all. Might be hard to notice because of the red plastic, but you can see it behind one of the two blue arm cannons in the picture.

Image 6: That's absolutely a Masterpiece Bumblebee (version 1), but I can't place the gun.

Image 7: Some kind of Prime. That's all I can gleam from that photo. Maybe someone recognizes the shoulders?

Image 8: That headless monstrosity appears to have Generations Scoop's body, Generations Rattraps arms, and the legs of Fall of Cybertron Jazz and Sideswipe.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    2 is the DOTM Voyager mold
    5 is CW Prowl's legs and Construct Bots Soundwaves guns. The red thing I'm not sure
    6 looks like a custom gun
    7 is the Furai Model from Flame Toys

• Like Like x 2
  17. JackAd89

JackAd89 Active Member

TM rattrap shoulder ball joint
    Armada Optimus right elbow
    CW Blades part of the leg that connects in the helicopter mode (that figure is the most fragile Autobot Ive ever had
    Cybertron breakdown cracked arms.
    Siege thundercracker backpack connector
    CW Hot Spot groin tab

18. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Part of my Unite Warriors Ghost Starscream's clear plastic for his knee broke. He still works totally fine, pegs hold things together, but his knee is super loose. Also, my reissue Anime Colors Galvatron feel off my bed once while I was reorganizing a display and the front Part of his crown flew off. Took me an hour to find it. Glued it back on, and it doesn't look too bad, but it's still noticeable up close

19. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 329 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Ik this is late. But for some reason I didn’t the notification for this but anyways

1. Is Beast hunters wheeljack with Rid15 steeljaw’s legs

2. is the DoTM prime TLK reissue

3. TR hotrod with T30 scoops legs

4. AoE galvatron

5. T30 armada starscream with Rid15 jazz’s legs

5.is MP bumblebee with a roblox gun

6. is the furai Optimus prime model

7. Is T30 scoops body, FoC sideswipe and jazz’s legs, and T30 rattrap’s legs

20. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Those look like CW prowl's to me