Figures that have broke/ you broke

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Jan 15, 2020.

1. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Oh. So many. So very, very, very many.

.....I had a Dr. Frankenstein phase as a 13-15 yr old girl, and my movieverse (and a few Generations) figures suffered the horrible, horrible consequences.

My closets are haunted by shamefully hidden plastic and metal robot guts to this day. The dark corners of the oldest parts of my room are a Cybertronian mausoleum.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 tfsomegaguy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    28A63E08-202A-4813-BDA4-CCB54F33DAB7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maximusace9

Maximusace9 New Member

Can you help me with that? I just got Siege Apeface for my birthday, and the peg broke inside the socket in Jet mode... Trying to know how to get it out and fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bustermaster

Bustermaster GREAT - ROBOT - BASED

News Credits:
    Mp Star Saber's elbow broke some how in storage. Hastak really just needs to make a generations one with playability.

5. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    You could probably salvage that if the breakage was from the factory joints and not the KFC upgrade kit? Just swap them out and you should be good.

6. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    Since the peg is hollow, I screwed in a spare small pointed screw into it. I only turn it in 2 turns (enough to bite in). Used some pliers to pull it out by the screw. After it was out, I had a small pin I scavenged from a broken figure that I put in the hollow portion. I also put some superglue in the joint. After the glue was dry, I lightly sanded the peg so it didn't stick so hard afterward.

7. Maximusace9

Maximusace9 New Member

Thank you so much! I'll definitely get to doing this tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  8. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    You're welcome!

9. seanismyname

seanismyname Well-Known Member

Once I cut animated activator Bumblebee’s legs off, glued animated Blitzwings cannons to them, then glued them back on Blitzwing so I could have them flip over his shoulders like in the show. It looked hideous. Shortly after I donated all my Animated figures to Goodwill.

10. Maximusace9

Maximusace9 New Member

I guess I'll do a post based on other breaks that I remember. The first major break that I had was my Cybertron Optimus Prime... not the toy itself, but the Cyber Key. I was playing with the key, trying to use it with my Vector Prime, and the key snapped. Clear Plastic at its finest. Annoyingly, when we contacted Hasbro to get a replacement, they just sent a random Earth Planet Key, rather than an Optimus Prime Key. The other big one was my TF2007 Leader Class Megatron. Tried to transform him, instructions sucked, and one of the... hinges, I think? In the foot just snapped.

11. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am broken hearted to say the Tyrantron break happened to me, too. I was gentle, which is the painful part. Same exact issue. Don't know if MMC is going to help out or not. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

They’re really good with sending extra parts. But the replacement requires pin pushing. I’m not used to that so I slipped and the other hip broke on mine, so now I have a new figure.

13. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

I had almost the entire original Beast Wars line growing up. None of them have survived to present day. They were either buried in a sandbox, left at a friend of my parent's house only for my parents to decide they didn't want to see their friends anymore, ran over with a lawnmower, or who knows what else happened to them. Parents probably found a missing arm and threw it away.

For ones I was actually careful with, HFTD Brimstone's arm snapped off. Still got both parts with me, so if I can find some plastic cement I'll try putting him back together or figuring something else out like making a replacement joint for him. An Animated Bumblebee I got as part of a 3-pack also had the ball socket on his right shoulder crumble to pieces, as did every single ball joint socket on ROTF Scalpel's legs. I didn't even take Scalpel out that much, they just disintegrated on their own. I once tried clipping CW Swindle's gun into the pegs on his back like Hound could and the end of it snapped off, but I glued it back together.

14. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Almost all the ones I had growing up. I played rough. Probably the best example is my first experimenting with a screwdriver to take apart my Grimlock so I could have Ratchet put him back together like he would to others in the cartoon, then realizing afterwards that 1) I have no idea how to reassemble things being that young and 2) I never had a Ratchet toy as a boy.

• Like Like x 2
  15. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Mp1 fell off my fridge,he didn't make it

16. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The front grill tab on my SS44 Optimus Prime has slightly broken. It's been like that for.awhile now but idgaf really. I barely transform my toys anyways.

17. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    I've had a few over the years.

Firstly, and most tragically, my Transmetal Megatron succumbed to Gold Plastic Syndrome. It was literally the first time I had handled him in years, I dug him out of storage for the sake of nostalgia, and he crumbed to bits in my hands. That was actually the impetus behind me getting into collecting in the first place, getting a replacement. He was my favorite figure growing up. Still have him, too, but he's more glue than bot, now.

I once bought a mint-in-both Armada Superbase Optimus Prime from a board member, and after I unboxed him, his arm snapped off the very first time I transformed him. Turns out, he too suffers from GPS. Bought a junker one, and replaced the arm, so it wasn't a huge deal.

My childhood Transmetal Waspinator snapped off a wing at some point, but that was also an easy part to replace.

During a move a couple years back, I managed to break two figures at once. My ROTF Bludgeon snapped off a thumb when I took his katana out of his hands (ironic, since I was sure it was the katana that was going to be ruined), and when packing up my Animated Swoop, I forgot to rotate his waist when going from one mode to another, and he snapped in half when I tried to transform him.

This one isn't a Transformer, but when I started collecting Gokaiger Figuarts, when I took Gokai Blue out of the package, I dropped him, and his leg snapped off. Glued it back in place for the sake of posing him, but I still need to get a replacement for him.

18. scifi1972

scifi1972 Well-Known Member

Left leg of ER Doubledealer & ER Astrotrain's backpack/tender after a shelf collapsed. Broke TR leader Prime's right leg after applying a little too much force. Broke POTP Optimus Primal while trying to remove the pin that connects the smaller Primal to the rest of the figure.

Some older figures I've broken are Energon Unicorn's translucent orange plastic panels, one of Transmetal 2 Megaton's wings, the doors on RID 2001 Prowl, Beast Machines Nightscream (no loss there),the entire chest/head/canopy assembly and left arm on BW Optimal Optimus, several old Beast Wars figures due to gold plastic syndrome, and , last but not least, numerous parts on my original 33 year old Powermaster Optimus Prime.

19. Natant17

Natant17 Well-Known Member

POTP Jazz's arm came off almost as soon as I opened him, was never able to put that arm back on, so I just headcanoned that he lost the arm to Megatron until SS86 came out lol. I had also seen a photo of the Siege highjump mold with what looked like the hood further back then it could actually go, I tried it with my siege Ricon and the hood snapped clean off. Again, it's interpreted as battle damage for my ongoing collection headcanon.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zaq5322

Zaq5322 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thankfully nothing too bad, Siege Omega Supreme had a few pegs break when I split the head to install LED. I read all the comments and tutorials so I knew it was going to happen but it was still stressful opening it up.

I had one peg break on the OSKO Predaking Razorclaw removing the uh crotch plate thingy. The ball joint on the original Razorclaw head broke off while I was putting on the upgrade kit but it didn’t matter since it was replaced. I’m sure other things will break on it eventually, it has so many bizarre stress marks so I rarely transform it or combine it these days. It’s very very cool but it’s a mess.

Thrilling 30 Arcee toppled over and somehow the thumb cracked but I glued it back, doesn’t look and I had to sand down the weapons to fit but it’s ok.