Figure suggestion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tfcollector97, May 24, 2020.

1. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 tfsomegaguy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    (Tell me is there is already a thread about this) In this thread you ask people for suggestions on which transformers figure would be the the best decision

My problem is I can only afford two Titan classes right now and I’m trying to get one autobot and one Decepticon my debate is fortress Maximus (because I have cog) or omega supreme (I find it appealing) and Trypticon (because I have brunt) or Scorponok (Same reason as omega).

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I don't have all of them but i would go With Trypticon and Omega Supreme.

I own Trypticon and Fortress Maximus.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

For something the size and price of a titan class figure, go for the one you find most appealing and the one you want. Don't get it just because you have their little partner.

• Like Like x 9
  4. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Yeah, which of the Titan characters do you like best?

If I had to pick two, I'd chose three. :p 

I'd go with Omega Supreme and Trypticon. They are pretty solid in all modes, and I believe you can still get those two for around MSRP. I wouldn't pass on the upcoming Scorponok either.

I think online sellers are starting to ask for secondary prices on Fort Max, and while he looks great in robot mode and the headmaster/Cerebos is sweet, Fort Max is missing a giant rifle and Master Sword if you go with the standard release, and his alt modes aren't that great. If you can find him cheap, YOLO, get all four. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  5. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have brunt and sixgun. They have no bearing on me wanting their titans. But if i had to, it would be Omega and Tryptilcon

• Like Like x 2
  6. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Fort Max and Omega, had Trypticon for about an hour, missed Metroplex.

Between Fort Max and Omega for Autobot, no real contest, while I really do like my Fort Max, Omega is by far the best Titan.. the play value, the articulation, the outpost/base mode has been done very well, the only negatives I can give it is 1) the claw should have been solid plastic and not transparent type, 2) the tank could have been a tad smaller, 3) the wings don't hold well (I have to floor polish the connector).

Fort Max has lots of faults overall, his transformation to city is very limited as while they used Metroplex's legs, he can't really use the internal "rooms" due to how they modified and flipped the parts... no ankle articulation means that he's hard to get to pose aside standing upright (and 3rd party articulation boots are hard to get and expensive and don't look that great). I do love the giant Macross-like space flying fortress mode, but that's a personal taste thing (and technically the main reason I did get him, but even that mode has flaws with the feet and the way they are made).

Trypticon has a lot of fans, but mine broke right out of the box (hip issue) and I just returned it to the store and didn't bother getting another as I checked and found that this was a very common issues... I did find that it looked very nice and all, but for the price, I feel that it's a limited toy, as the base mode is just laying down and legs unfolded, but with such a huge flaw with the hips, that killed my interest completely.

I'm no big fan of Scorponok and the sneak images didn't really do anything to win me over.

The deluxe "companion" figures didn't sway me in the least as I consider them as their own thing and the weaponizer thing makes them accessories for all figures.

So I would recommend Omega for sure, but for Decepticon, I'd almost say to wait and see what may come out by next year or so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Fortress is riddled with vestigial features. Cog adds absolutely nothing to it. It does display great, and it’s a double Headmaster, but you won’t show that off if he’s mostly in robot mode.
    I have Trypticon unopened (waiting until I make space on the shelf), but it looks more impressive than Scorponok and I’ve read great things about it (I can fix the hip).
    I have Omega, which displays nicely. The base mode leaves a lot to be desired if you want to have it interact with smaller figure, but it’ll mostly stay in robot mode, right?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

I guess I could actually get something out of this thread, so here we go:

I'm looking to get a deluxe-ish optimus prime to potentially replace/compliment my WFC deluxe (videogame and boy do I hate having to differentiate it like that). WFCD is an awesome figure, but his fiddliness hurts his posing somewhat, particularly his legs ime.

The options I'm considering after extensive research and review are the UT bendy prime, or the Prime (cartoon) deluxe. Personal experience sharing is appreciated, or if you've better experiences with certain 3rd party deluxe-ish but not quite voyager-ish figures feel free to suggest and I'll research those as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Excikaiser

Excikaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bendy Prime is always the answer. Whatever the question is.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Insurgent

I have the bendy prime and he is rather nice. A good chunk of plastic. He doesn't come with a gun, but a minicon that unlocks an unobtrusive punch gimmick. I recommend bendy prime.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Leopold Xerovsky

I refuse to let this good idea of a thread become obscure.

So I have RTS spec ops Jazz as my current "first movie autobots but not movie toys" representation, a very decent jazz in my experience, but in browsing possible alternatives I've been reintroduced to Animated Deluxe Jazz. The aesthetic is a bit of a stretch, but not too much the more I look at pictures. I'm considering him, so my question I pose to y'all becomes: would you keep rts jazz, or swap him for the animated deluxe? Anybody out there who perhaps has experience with both, comments and discussion greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I would keep the RTS Jazz.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro

News Credits:
    He does have a gun actually, the Mini-Con (Over-Run) turns into it. Works well and looks pretty nice I think.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Insurgent

Technically but it's a lanky jet with the wings folded up. Doesn't even look like a gun. That's why i said he doesn't. Because he comes with a lanky jet with his wings folded up.

Don't have animated, but rts is still a very nice figure. I'd keep him. I know mine isn't ever being replaced (a bit of chrome on the wheels and the toyhax set and he's perfect except fir the chest not locking down).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Professional Chain Yanker TFW2005 Supporter

If you're looking for 2 Titans, and you have an idea of what you want the most, follow this guy's advice. Given your OP, I would say it's Omega and Scorponok that you find appealing. Little caveat: you should read/watch Scorponok reviews before purchasing, just in case. It helps to not be the first in line when things go wrong on a $160 toy.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Leopold Xerovsky

I refuse to let this good idea go dead.

Okay, so this one's a little weird: I'm working on an aligned team prime setup, but I'm trying to work my way around the actual Bulkhead figures. A stand in, as it were.

My criteria are thus: has to be chug, a green guy, a BIG green guy, or an ironhide because he was supposed to be in the show until they got told not to because he was offed in DOTM.

So the choices for Bulkhead stand in: siege ironhide, siege hound, siege springer, t30 roadbuster. Of course any write ins are welcome, but these are the ones I've personally narrowed it down to.

17. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From your list I would npick T30 Roadbuster. A great figure that captures the original G1 toy so well with modern articulation.

You maya want to consider Universe Hound, a VERY fun (and green) toy with some of the best light piping ever.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Excikaiser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's not in the scope, but what about Energon Ironhide / Roadbuster Wild ?

The vehicule mode is very similar to Bulkhead, and in bot mode he is big and quite bulky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Leopold Xerovsky

Ooh, a true curveball. Was that plastic yellow, or gold?

20. Excikaiser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Light brown. No GPS here if it's the question.

• Like Like x 1