Figure King Hi-Res Scans #267

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gamerlingual, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

People complain about Fanstoys Rouge for the messy transformation, gaps in the sides in bot mode, and the backpack parts not tabbing into place, but I have been very happy with that figure since I got it. Rouge looks like a true MP Arcee and every new pic of this official one makes me even more glad I have it. I\'m guessing those who are happy with the MMC version aren\'t in a hurry to toss that aside for this either. 

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    FIXED.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Damn... That Arcee... I want to support Takara, but they're getting sloppy...

• Like Like x 2
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    TT almost never makes new moulds, though. Hasbro's the one creating all the figures and determining the direction of the franchise.

The only TT-exclusive retooling I noticed lately is Super Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    From the TV Magazine, yes.

The Manga has them as large, but no where near that large, ironically enough, they seem to be more like feet rather than meters; 45 feet for Star Convoy and 35 feet for Super Megatron, or about 10+ meters for Super Megatron and 13+ meters for Star Convoy based on all their interactions with humans, which they do quite a bit in the manga and rather consistently at that.

The Catalog story also has it's own scale, but let's just say it's questionable at best, since for as few pieces of art that it got, that they don't seem to be consistent with each other at all. Furthermore, Super Megatron isn't seen with any Autobot in robot mode, so there's no help there, nor are there any Galaman, so no hint there either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Actually, I think you're right. Still, it doesn't look like a huge improvement to me.

7. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    So basically, there\'s NO angle that MP agree looks good from in robot mode. Im good. I have Rouge and Azalea. If it goes on sale for $70 I\'d buy it for the altmode... that\'s about it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

Well, I still would like to get MP Arcee, but I agree that in certain ways the Azalea and Rouge figures do some things on the robot mode much better. The torso area and potentially the backpack really look off. I know they were trying to make it look like she has the white collar, but wow...

Super/Ultra Megatron is not someone I plan to get soon, but he looks friggin' awesome. I still wonder if he is a HM, but I think they would've showed us that by now, so at the moment I believe the signs point to no. I hate to say this, but this makes me wish they could redo Star Convoy. Even though there were certain things I liked about the POTP toy, ultimately I believe it wasn't that great of a figure, and even though the mold looks a little better as Star Convoy, it still barely looks like Star Convoy at all.

9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Anyone have the links to TT Mall yet?

10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Megatron looks really cool, HasTak are doing their damnedest to tempt me onto the CHUG(or whatever we all it now) bandwagon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so happy i got my preorder for super megatron in. every pic i see looks better and better. i'm really excited about this one.

12. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two things of note in regards to HasTak's current MO (from what I perceive): firstly, heavy retooling is - as of yet - solely a Takara thing and secondly, they seem to be using 1-3 year old molds. So if they decide to retool DD into Deszaras, it's not going to happen anytime soon (I'd be suprised if Takara tackles him next year).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Heavy retools still exist in the main line, siege magnus/galaxy prime and siege ironhide/ratchet are two examples of heavy retools in the mainline (and yes ratchet is a heavy retool, nearly every visible part of him has different detailing)

• Like Like x 3
  14. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally forgot about the retail retools (with the Seacons and now Super Megatron I've started to equate heavy retool with Gen Selects).

• Like Like x 2
  15. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy Sagging boobs Batman!

Boobs. Robots. Yeah, makes no sense but that’s how she was originally drawn.
    Those proportions are just way way off in that side view if feminine was what they were going for.

16. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God, I have MP Arcee on preorder and this makes me want it less. I thought she was carrying a box under her arm, but no that's her torso. Yikes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Hopefully the KO guys can retool her with some proper T&A. Somebody fire the designer and bring back the MP-10 guy

• Like Like x 2
  18. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this the first indication that Takara's getting at least some of the Netflix redecos? That would help us have a sort of price ceiling on Hotlink, since he's gotten stupid expensive because of the pandemic and scalpers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would really love for IDW to do accessible localizations or even maybe just western adaptations that hew closely to the plot beats.

As an aside, these figures both have me regretting skipping the MMs who represent the bulk of the Battlestars characters if fairly unimportant ones. Look at all those 5mm ports on Ultra Megatron. He's just begging to be weaponized with MMs.

20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Takara released prices for the Netflix awhile back. And those crazily priced ones, like from tfsource ($90) are not due to scalpers, those are imports. The only USA retailer selling the Netflix figures direct is Walmart.