Figure King Hi-Res Scans #267

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gamerlingual, Apr 28, 2020.

1. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good lord. Even robots have dead butt

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    How exactly is he out of scale? The Battlestars story pages list their heights as Star Convoy 45m and Super Megatron at 35m.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    because some think their personal fanon is more important than actually lore and legit don’t know anything about battlestars other than the 3 to 4 photos they’ve seen on tfwiki or here

• Like Like x 4
  4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Everything there looks great except for Arcee.

5. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

Yeah, much as it pains me to say it, they really fumbled the ball here. Hound's faults were purely due to material issues, the design itself was stellar. Something I really can't say about Arcee here at all, I just don't see the point in wasting money on such a poor robot mode design.

Though to be fair, this is also completely correct, the car mode at least is wonderful.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Why? there was already a titans return blitzwing, so why make another blitzwing from a different titans return source mold that fits the character less?

Except it's not and it's not

Takara tends to go for show accuracy over toy accuracy, and Doubleclouder was colored like Doubledealer in the show, so a takara selects Doubleclouder is unlikely

• Like Like x 2
  7. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Excuse me for having the idea Megatron and Optimus should be near identical in height. Not all of us have scale charts ready to whip out at a moments notice, from an obscure comic as well ffs:lol 

The lack of self awareness people have when addressing “toxicity” is astounding

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Try not to take it personally, it's been an ongoing debate in the super megatron thread where people keep incessantly saying super megatron and star convoy are out of scale even when given precedent from battlestars (and takara tomy themselves saying so on twitter), so when faced with that level of willful ignorance some people (myself included at times) are quick to jump on people that may genuinely not know

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    That face on Arcee looks a lot better here. Cool holster, don't recall noticing that before.

Super/Ultra Megs is 1 hell of a retool. Finally, a chance to own @Super_Megatron

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Arcee looks like shit but how many MP Megatron's, Starscream's & Optimus Prime's have they made? Wait a couple years & they'll make the perfect Arcee. Sucks we have to wait but that's the history of the MP line. Remember GreenScream? lol

And remember: CHUG superior, Masterpiece inferior!

• Like Like x 1
  11. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I said that with Counterpunch, to my regret.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Plus given that Selects Star Convoy homages some painting of G1 Convoy turning into Star Convoy and Super/Ultra Megs both come from later G1 from a manga only released in Japan over 30 years ago, you and others can't be blamed for not knowing that Super/Ultra Megs and Star Convoy don't match by height. No one has to apologize or feel bad for not knowing.

If I ever get Super/Ultra Megs, it'll be to fight my EarthRise Prime. I don't even have Selects Star Convoy and don't even know if I'll buy it. Canon be damned, til all are FUN!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Do you have to pay immediately to preorder in Hasbro Pulse or do they charge you when the figure is available?

14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    authorization charge of the full amount that gets refunded within hours to a day and then full payment when it comes in stock

15. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    aaaaaand point proven about not knowing the lore and having personal lore on the characters

• Like Like x 1
  16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    He got a major feature afew months ago...

• Like Like x 1
  17. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am hoping for CD Red Alert or Stalker.

Actually, my results as of late have also been unsuccessful (with Siege Springer, Astrotrain and Impactor). But it doesn’t matter, there’s no risk waiting with these retail figures.

• Like Like x 2
  18. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

I'm expecting a heavy retool more than a repaint. Of course I can't think of anything with a ground vehicle mode and a winged beast mode... other than the OK of deathsaurus (which could work if you then repainted ravage and laserbeak as his breast masters) but Hasbro and TT have really upped their retool game of late. So I am really looking forward to what they do with him.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    A. The heights aren't from scale charts, it's actually printed in the story as side text.
    B. The problem isn't that you didn't know, it's that you stated your idea/preference as fact when it's not right. Had you said, "I prefer my Megatron and Optimus to be the same size", instead of "Out of scale with Star Convoy", I certainly wouldn't fault you, I get that preference.

Not to overly nit, but there's three sources for Battlestars, the Magazine Story Pages, which tell the entire story. The Manga only tells of a singular part of a story; the first battle between Super Megatron and Star Convoy, which does fit into the Magazine story pages, but it doesn't have to (and if you take the heights as printed in the Magazine pages, then they really shrunk them down against humans). Then there's the Catalog story, which is a different version of the story; gone are False Convoy and Ultra Megatron, Dark Nova is a full on Transformer in that version and the united Powered Masters don't play a role in stopping him, only Star Convoy does just to hit the big story beat differences.

Also, since Nevermore and others like to do this to me, it's 29-28 years ago, depending on the format. ;) 

If someone doesn't know a part of the fiction, I hardly blame them. Even moreso for something that hasn't had a good translation (I actually was planning on doing this with some members a few years back after we had done the Alternity Black Convoy comic and we were doing Mechabot-1 when life got in the way), but it's like complaining that Armada Optimus Prime transforms inaccurately into a long nose cab and not a cab over semi truck as fact with nothing to back it up other then preference and then getting offended when someone tries to correct you that seems inadequate.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Walt, so Star Convoy is canonically 45m and Super Megatron 35? I always thought they were roughly combiner sized, but even Omega Supreme in g1 is only 28m tall...

• Like Like x 1