Figure King #314 - Legacy United Armada Tidal Wave New Images & More!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. Dome Zero

Dome Zero Kup and Hot Rod just bought it!

I love how they posed Armada Megatron so coquettishly in the first picture. That minx.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same energy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  4. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

I REALLY needed the Takara version to be the toy colors :( 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I don’t like that despite the fact that this is a very large figure, the engineering elements (joints, seams, transforming pieces, etc.) are so crude that they could apply to a much smaller toy. Honestly, without anything to put it in scale, this could easily be a voyager or even deluxe figure for all the design suggests. It looks as if they took a small design and scaled it up.

• Like Like x 6
  6. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good thing I wasn't expecting seats in the legs. Now we know where the combination feet store.

7. ShockSound6

ShockSound6 Is tired

Was going to say this

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bustermaster

Bustermaster GREAT - ROBOT - BASED

News Credits:
    A few things, no idea why the mini ships can’t just form a small tidal wave aswell, hell it could just be simplified engineering of the original would be a great way to have both game scale and disproportionate anime scale.

Glad the middle of the base mode is hollow so you can store something in there as a hanger bay. I’m hoping to be able to store core energon megs into the back cavity of the robot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  9. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’m starting to kinda grow less and less fond of this figure. With how large it is, the fact it has none of the cool minicon play features is rather lame honestly. It’s a lot of empty space not getting used, kinda like fort max…

• Like Like x 5
  10. Mojom

Mojom Well-Known Member

Here you go, it's as I suspected: The seats were removed to accommodate the new transformation where the legs swing up and out instead of sideways.

Same. I've always had that feeling even as one or two clowns here mocked me for it, but I hate seeing it officially confirmed all the same. No more carrier elevator with minicon, no more transport ship seats, lost ability to transform from combined ship into robot without partsforming, massive hole in the back, yet another yoga pose "base mode"... And add to that him being one of the smallest titans to date.

All they really had to do at the barest minimum was give the original toy improved articulation and people would have eaten that right up. Now we have an oversized toy with major compromises to fit in powerup accessories for Armada Megatron which not everyone may have.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any marginal loss in height compared to the other Titans, at least, is owing to the fact that he's the least hollow among them. Yeah, there's giant gaps if you remove the mini Dark Fleet, but it doesn't change the fact that he has the plastic to fill those gaps.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheDragonDAFan

TheDragonDAFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see now why people wanted Tidal Wave to be a Titan. I can't wait to get my hands on him.

13. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I wish he included Ramjet over the mini fleet to combine with Megatron. I feel Titans having a small buddy included both increases the play value and really showcases their size.
    Oh well. Wonder if we'll get him in Energon colors.

• Like Like x 4
  14. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I'm really agreeing with many of the comments here regarding how this figure was adapted to a new version.

Naturally, we shouldn't expect the new versions of these characters to be exact replicas of the originals, but increasingly I'm finding that in spite of the updated articulation, the designs somehow feel inferior to the first editions... and a big part of this is just that there's less to be impressed with. Some of that is the decreased size and flimsier construction on the newer toys, but also there's something disappointing about the lack of gimmicks.

Back in the day, I was never a huge fan of the gimmicks. I mainly just wanted functional, posable Transformers. I thought the Minicon/Cyberkey gimmicks were generally unimpressive, and also required internal mechanisms that compromised the figures on some level. And yet, somehow it feels like we're missing out.

My most recent example of that would be the Legacy Armada Megatron. It's a sturdly little figure. The articulation is mostly great. Aesthetics are on point. But WOW... comparing the Legacy version to the sheer number of neat gimmicks on the original is sort of shocking.
    • firing main cannon missile
    • pop-out additional missile launcher
    • electronic lights and sounds
    • combiner functionality with Tidal Wave
    • grabby head-claws
    • flip-out shiv... A SHIV!!
    • two different minicon bays on his legs, one with a giant clamp for capturing them
    • weird launching ramp thing on one set of treads
    • flip-open missile hatches on the other set of treads
    • plus a little slide-up faceplate
    How did they fit so much into such a small figure??

Anyway, and now we have this MUCH larger version of Tidal Wave, and it feels wrong that a lot of the little neat features on the original are just not included here.

He still looks cool, of course. At least there's that.

zmog

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  15. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

Same energy
    IMG_9183.jpeg

IMG_9184.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's feeling more and more underwhelmed by this figure. I'll probably get it, once it drops to a reasonable price, just cause I want a big Tidal Wave, but the lack of Ramjet, Minicon features (even non-spring-loaded ones), the forced partsforming and the more gappy look to his combined vehicle really weighs this figure down. It really is an annoying trend that the updates of older figures are almost always smaller, flimsier, lacking in features and don't even offer anything new style-wise, except when they're taking away the style, in favour of making them look more G1.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ZipperMan29x

ZipperMan29x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he look so good can't wait to him get and Galvatron
    420112221_24473490805632961_7829415134440923541_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mojom

Mojom Well-Known Member

Mild disagree. Most of the other titans themselves have no visible gaps or hollows - Trypticon, Fort Max, Nemesis, Scorponok, Omega Supreme etc., all Tidal Wave needed at the most extreme minimum was a panel to cover up the hollow back even if it has to be popped out like a remote control's battery cover and I wouldn't be bitching about it like I am now.

Far, FAR too much has been sacrificed to modernize Tidal Wave. He could have his Armada toy pit against the upcoming titan and it would unironically be the "Soul vs soulless" meme. You may say he is the least hollow, but I say he is the hollowest of the titans and I don't necessarily mean physically.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They don't have many visible gaps, but in handling them, you can tell that their limbs are empty boxes.

Tidal Wave has none of that.

As for the "soulless" sentiment, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise. Generations hasn't featured toyetic gimmickry for about ~10 years now. The only gimmick is transforming. Just what all the "adult" collectors were clamoring for when Armada was fresh and new. Now those wishes have become reality.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Agree with all of that. It looks great, yes, but almost every single detail that made the original so much damn fun, even by today’s standards, has been left out. No Ramjet, no launch bay, no troop transport seats, no option for all-in-one transformation. All so they can say “HE BIG!” And what’s really unfortunate is that figures this size are rarely enjoyable to play with unless they have lots of fun features. So he is big for the sake of big, a bigly bot to stand in the back of the shelf and look big, and not be touched.

And yes, despite all of that I will still buy one. I only complain because I love Tidal Wave so much and want him to be perfect. Fingers crossed for some major upgrade kits.

• Like Like x 4