Figure King 265 Hi-Res Scans

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gamerlingual, Feb 26, 2020.

1. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

If Azalea and Rouge are better in some customers' minds, then why wouldn't people buy them?

Also, there are serious scope differences. Someone posted about this a long time ago, but Hasbro will sell far more MP-51s than all the Rouges and Azalea variants combined. There is no excuse for MP-51 looking bizarre -- Hasbro could make her 100% cartoon accurate and it wouldn't matter if there is some other company making a 3P version that looked about the same. In fact, MP-51's strange aesthetic is only made worse by the fact that other, smaller companies are able to do much better.

• Like Like x 7
  2. JSix

JSix Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly- they totally contradicted themselves there. Just seems the designers got a little too pervy when working on that sculpt. And that middle pose on the magazine? Come on Takara, how old are you guys?

Tigatron looks great though.

• Like Like x 6
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    Because some people only want to collect official licensed product instead of expensive KOs.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Tigatron is perfection. Arcee, not so much. Too far off the mark IMO. Typically I try to support the official releases unless I don\'t think a particular character will get made any time soon, but in this case I might have to try to track down one of the 3rd Party Arcees.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

Well, those people probably wouldn't be among the customers that think Azalea and Rouge are better. :) 

Also, expensive KOs is relative. Rouge and Azalea are likely to come in around 60% of the cost of MP-51.

I was trying to say that I don't think you can blame Fan Toys or other 3P companies for why MP-51 doesn't look that great to a lot of people.

• Like Like x 5
  6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    There are some 3Ps I like more than official product, but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy them. I know many who are similar.

• Like Like x 1
  7. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish the quality was better on the MP BW line as a whole, as I really want to get this Tigatron. They did a great job on him and looks exceptionally well with Cheetor and Dinobot.

Arcee on the other hand....But as one or two have posted, its the section (white) between her chest and chin. Its making everything look off or elongated because her chest is about where it should be to the shoulders otherwise so its making it like they should be pushed up when they shouldn't be or the head should be pushed down:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even animated shows it how it should be:

[​IMG]

Just looking over it again, maybe that white area should be less puffy?? Earthrise version certainly nailed it.

At this point, I would have to convince myself to buy this one, where past G1's where instant purchases.

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Pondering over these. Just that I'm slowly losing interest in mps.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Just for reference, the beckoning pose is likely a reference to this:

[​IMG] upload_2020-2-27_8-48-14.png

IIRC, it's an insanely old piece of art that appeared on the box of a resin model garage kit back in 1996.

[​IMG]

This was once upon a time considered a complete pipe dream pose for a toy 34 years ago, so there's some precedent for its presentation.

• Like Like x 14
  10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    LOL

I get the "only official license product" (doesn't make sense to me, since official will never come anywhere close to completing any season of the G1 show, while official + 3P already has seasons 1 - 3 almost totally covered, but I digress)... the rest of your sentence is factually untrue.

First off the 3rd party versions are completely original engineering and sculpts (so, NOT KOs... IP infringement, sure, but a KO is a reproduction of a physical product that somebody else made. 3Ps make original products based on someone else's IP. So by your language they're "unofficial, unlicensed product")

Secondly they're SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive than the official product, especially over the past couple of years (so, NOT expensive)

Thirdly, many people (myself included) think the 3P versions just plain look better than the official. (I will say the official car mode looks great, but so does FansToys... if you're willing to put up with the hassle of getting there)

And finally, Takara's QC has been awful lately, on top of the toys being overpriced... AND their aftermarket support is nonexistent. So people who want a figure that is 1) less likely to break, and 2) where the company will do something about it if there's a design flaw also end up with 3rd party figures.

Sometimes I forget how weird some of y'all on the "official" side of these boards are about MP TFs, but I find it hard to believe that anybody could look at all 4 MP-scaled Arcees that we've been shown so far and say the Takara one is objectively the best looking. And I don't understand why somebody would have so much brand loyalty to a company that they'd forego a superior option for representing the character. But hey, as long as it makes you happy. I just know that seeing the official Arcee made me go out and track down an original deco MMC Azalea ASAP so I could have one to display next to my official Hot Rod that wasn't fugly.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Keroshino

Keroshino Lovable Clod!

News Credits:
    Oh joy, Arcee can be put in "that" pose...Guess that justifies to Takara the liberties taken with her design

• Like Like x 2
  12. GAUGE

GAUGE Big Firebird Toy Hype Guy

News Credits:
    I really wish there were much LArger scans. :(  I enjoy collecting them and staring at the details.

13. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

If theres a remaster that needs to get done is Beast Wars I don\'t think the animation has aged well while still a great story on it\'s own.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

If it wasn't for that freaking huge backpack, I might have added MP Arcee. I went with Azalea instead.

Tigatron WILL be mine. Oh, yesssss. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    The irony of that statement being that most 3P offerings of Arcee can pull off that pose or something approximating the pose without the "liberties" that Takara allegedly made.

I believe all three major 3P offerings can actually cross their legs better, Toyworld/Zeta's version has a "sexier" leg sculpt, and MMC Azalea's overall flexibility puts her pretty on par with an SH Figuarts or Figma figure. Rouge's the only one that can't do it outright because of her crippled waist swivel issues.

• Like Like x 1
  16. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

It shows how her hips and her waist works. Blackarachnia can also bend to the side like that at her waist and it allows you to put her into contrapposto poses, sitting or standing, that's how girls look good. We have known that since the Renaissance.

Can MMC's do that? I don't have it. Look, I know a lot of people are not happy with how this toy looks. For some of us, how it moves and poses is as equally important.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah I'm on the bandwagon of not liking Arcee's upper body area. It just doesn't look right. With a figure that they take so much liberty in the transformation with the giant backpack, that you'd expect they'd at least get the visuals of the cartoon model correct. The upper body is the most key part, but looks like they wanted the legs to look best.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    I have her, and I think she can. Can't recall fully, as I haven't handled the figure in a minute. That said, she can pull off a variety of very nice poses:

upload_2020-2-27_9-52-13.png upload_2020-2-27_9-52-38.png upload_2020-2-27_9-53-12.png

And yes, the tree yoga pose unsupported is 100% doable. I did it myself with the figure when I heard she could just to see.

I'm sure HasTak's version can do similar poses - but the idea that HasTak's version's design had to be sacrificed to get nice poses doesn't really resonate with me. Really, the only thing that bugs me about Azalea is her legs from the knee down - it's way too "peglike". That and her height mar what is otherwise a perfect Arcee for me.

Not to say I won't get the Hastak one, too. Hastak's nails the vehicle mode perfectly, which none of the other offerings really do 100% for me.

19. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Yes, MMC's has the same kind of 'sassy' waist articulation but a way better looking chest area.

20. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    The only thing I'll say about HasTak Arcee's chest is this: they apparently tried to give her "human" chest modeling, which just kind of doesn't work based on the subsequent choices they've made. There's a substantial amount of space between a woman's collarbone to where the breast actually starts to bulge from the chest when the breast is unsupported. A good sample of how this looks in profile is as so:

[​IMG]

That space is properly replicated both on the generations toy AND the MP toy. The generations is as so:

[​IMG]

And MP as so:

[​IMG]

Almost every other iteration, including the OG animation model, has actually had a "sports bra" or "pushup bra" effect going on:

upload_2020-2-27_10-39-40.png

What's jarring to the eye may be the the angle of the breastplate - there's that natural slope of the chest followed by the "pop out" of the chest plate. Compare that to the generations version and the drawing, where the breast slopes and swells naturally. In other words, it's not that they're necessarily too low-set (although they might be by half a millimeter). It's that they're unnaturally angled, jut out oddly, and are arguably too big. They're also very squared compared to the rest of her body, which is curved. In short, she looks like a woman that decided to tape a wedge to her chest for some reason.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 7