Figure King #210 Scans - UW Devastator, MP Ironhide, Diabattles, Adventure, QT

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Wow, thanks for this!

2. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Thanks so muh Deruji! This needs to be front-paged!

3. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Is Yuki the best or what?

4. tenkaros

tenkaros Well-Known Member

Thanks Deruji!

So if I understood Hasui correctly – he wanted to use the opportunity of Hasbro’s request for Titan Class Devastator, to create a product that could be displayed alongside both Masterpiece and Generations. He even mentioned, that it was no accident, that single Constructicons are taller than a car-bot (Prowl) and that he deliberately went for the G1 image.

That absolutely convinced me, that we’re not going to get an official MP Devastator in next couple of years. Even if Hasui gets a green light for an MP Combiner, I’m sure he will choose some other team (probably Combaticons, as they are his favorites). I strongly believe that in his mind he already delivered a product to fill the MP Devastator gap.

5. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People have guessing this has been his personal project. He or someone at the Takara side has said there is no plans for a MP Devastator while the people @ Hasbro during Botcon have made statements that he basically took control of the project so figuring that he was doing a cheap knocked down version wasn't too far off.

6. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also think that the MP Devy itch has been scratched, at least by the designer and management . From management's POV, they always want new and fresh. If Devy is deemed a success, then they want a similar repeat of that success not another Devy. Maybe in the next 5-7 years when a new crop of people takeover.

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Thanks again Deruji!

Randy

8. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks Deruji! Really appreciate the translation. I always look forward to reading what is actually going on from the designers themselves.

9. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Thanks again. Interesting to see the almost sage-like role that Yuki plays. Hasui's enthusiasm is great. From the looks of things, together they have delivered a great product to the fans. While I am a bit disheartened that it seems official MP combiners are still going to remain a dream, I love that this can kind of work for both. The scale really is quite well thought out.

10. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Damn. I'm really wrestling with whether or not to get UW Devastator now. Devastator looks great, but the individual bots would be a sore spot. Is a budget MP made for a mainline release still an MP? Up to the buyer, of course, but I love MP build quality, with as few hollow parts and as much articulation as possible, especially in voyager sized figures. Feels like the individual bots are not MP worthy but Devastator might be...

Decisions decisions.

11. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    For me, while it is really close it's not quite there to the point that I don't want to risk it. I definitely agree that it's gonna look impressive with MPs though. For the me the killer is the individual bots - they're just not up to the MP standard, and I wouldn't want to constantly display him as Devastator (in fact in terms of shelf height I'd probably display each parts individually quite often).

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for this translation. This is a fantastic piece of work here.

It's incredible reading the interview. So much work went into Devastator. The mention of Masterpiece ideas going into the Unite Warriors figure makes me a bit sad; is this confirmation or foreshadowing that a Masterpiece combiner won't happen? Hmmm.

13. Mrmwforce

Mrmwforce Tracks' #1 Fan!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He clearly knows or believes that a MP combiner is not in the foreseeable future so he took this opportunity from Hasbro to show off some of his ideas. Then the design was well received by Takara and then TAKARA used Yuki to deluxe it up a bit.

When I asked him at SDCC if he looked at this as MP Devastator he clearly told me No. So I think what he is saying here is that he knows an MP Devy is unrealistic and he wanted to implement some of his MP ideas into this design. But according to his response to me, he is not calling this MP Devastator.

But it is sad news, because it does indeed sound like there is no realistic plan for MP combiner in our future.

14. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the translation.

I fucking hate parts count requirements

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Excellent interview of an incredibly excellent person. Thanks so much for the translation, I really can't wait to own this thing.

16. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Wow so if this sells well there's a chance at an MP Devastator... that's awesome... I'm gonna buy 2 then, I already have the UW Devastator on PO and I'll pick up a hasbro one too just to support the cause :drool: 

17. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Dean, I'm telling you it's such a statisfying set. Even with the compromises they had to make. This Devy is better than any of the third party versions because it is such a love letter to G1. All the other 3rd party versions took to many liberties with the likenesses. I owned Maketoys Giant and sold it. No regrets especially now owning an 18 inch Devastator that cost me 140.00.

The Takara version with its upgraded articulation remold parts, paint apps and G1 guns WILL be my MP Devastator.

And for 140.00 this is way more exciting than that 200.00 Skywarp you bought! :) 

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for this.

19. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

My take from the interview is that combined form at least is basically a MP product from an aesthetic point of view. But obviously from a build quality /features point of view it isn't, due to budget.

20. prowl66

prowl66 Well-Known Member

great to read. so it's kind of like a MP Devy that would actually sell ....well, I'm guessing MP reference only pertains to the combined mode. It's still lacking in detail/articulation and the such in individual modes and for most fans, from what I've read, will have him in combined mode.
    There's a few mentions of a MP Devy that people were hoping for. I wouldn't of thought of such a thing because the price would be outoutrageous to most I'm sure seeing that the basic MPs are pretty high in my opinion no matter how cool they are (unless you go with the KOs). So how would they re-coop the money into the design/cost?