Figma thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sword, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Yeah Figma looks like it's beating the piss out of Buzzmod's Tanjiro at least in terms of looks, if you ask me. Everything on the Buzz makes Tanjiro look chubby, especially the face and fabric jacket. Glad I made the right choice this time but GOD DAMMIT GSC needs to get off their ass and make Shinobu already so I don't have to go for Buzzmod's, haha.

2. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

For me, I feel the Buzzmod captures the anime likeness better. Buzzmod is also way ahead than Good Smile and it'll be a while before they catch up. Figma is too busy with other properties as well and I don't see them going deep into the lineup much as I'm thinking Buzzmod will.

• Like Like x 2
  3. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got the Switch remake just didn't start the last dungeon, I'll be happy when they remake the SNES ver. with that said it's def time for an HD Remake of Super Metroid

Not sure which one I played on GC for about 4mins and didn't care much for me, but I'm very selective of 3d gaming, not many that I own or enjoy. I hate FPS but played Metroid Prime series just bcuz it was Metroid, which makes me want more Samus suits from Figma

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

I got the A Link Between Worlds Link for exactly that reason. Such a cheerful little murderhobo. Emphasis on the little. And the cheerful. And the murderhobo. Got the Twilight Princess DX Link and Zelda just because I liked the aesthetics. They're nice, but I don't have much interest in playing Twilight Princess or any of the other 3d Zeldas, regardless.

• Like Like x 2
  5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I’d love to have a Zelda from ALBW…

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Looking again, I can definitely see what you mean, and I definitely ended up being a bit hyperbolic on my end earlier, so my apologies for that. Still going with Figma Tanjiro though, but with Buzzmod as a whole, it's only really Tanjiro that has me kinda mixed. The rest of the line looks utterly fantastic. Inosuke for one just EXUDES polish, and hell, that torso makes him look like pretty much the Optus Pexus of anime figures. Rengoku, as another, just looks intimidating, those beady glowing eyes mixed with that cape and the flame effects, WEW. Shinobu though is looking like the most instant of pre-orders among the cast, she honestly looks like she'd fit in with either path (by that I mean whether anyone would go strictly Buzzmod or strictly Figma), the fabric I think works best with her cause of the whole insect vibe and that they're very obviously supposed to be insect wings.

Also look she's best girl so it's an instant pre-order to begin with

Outside of Demon Slayer though, Ed from FMA looks just as fantastic, had him on PO but I had to cancel with the intention of getting him later on since he was coming alongside a crapton of other POs in a single moment in time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

I kinda like Giyuu's figure. I think it's hard to mix and match Buzzmod with Figma due to the size difference. I'm picturing Shinobu ending up gigantic against a Figma Tanjiro. Also, the price point for Buzzmod is quite high. I could order from those stores supported by Aniplex as they have a good discount but they're all pay upfront. Other stores don't get the same low price.

I did PO Edward as well but ended up letting it go because without an Al at least to go with it, it just feels very incomplete. I do hope Buzzmod continues with the line as I'd want a Mustang and Hawkeye as well. A Winry to go with them is certainly welcomed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was not into WW initially either, but after I played OoT ten years ago I sat down and actually played WW and fell in love with it. Not only was it fun to play, but the story was so well done and sailiing to discover new islands was such a joy. The HD remaster is even better because it cuts down the tedious Tri-Force quest that slightly sucked the fun out of the game.

Now for Metroid, I'm not a FPS person either, but god damn did I find myself loving that series as well. At least the first and third game. I really enjoyed Echoes, but it has way too much backtracking that would have even a Resident Evil game staring in awe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Concur on Echos, espc going for 100%, I've only ever played each of the primed 1x, I can't count on both hands how many times I've played S.Metroid, like that used to just be a random I'm bored let me kill 2hr and 45mins real quick and see Samus in bathing suit lol plus having the Nintendo Power Guide by the 3rd time I was done I had memories all the secrets and tricks from it, ah the 90s-10s what a great time those were, which brings me to the root of my prob, why have we never gotten a Gravity Suit, easy purple repaint darn it, aren't these companies supposed to be about easy money, it doesn't get much easier than that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I've 100%ed the first Prime game about five times over while also playing through it a few more times where I didn't go after everything. I've gone through Echoes about three times total, 100%ing it two of those times, and then I've completed Prime 3 twice with a 100% completion both times.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Albeit in all fairness, speaking as someone who hasn't seen Demon Slayer yet (nothing new with me, go ask my Figma Kiryuuin or Mako about that, or you could ask my Figma Joker too, and as such being a bit of an outsider at least for now, Giyuu is looking very nice.

And thank you for mentioning the size difference, haha. Totally forgot about that. But in the end i'm pretty sure that while a quarter inch in difference (at least going off of the difference between both Tanjiros), while apparent, isn't catastrophic as say, pairing Imagination Works Goku with an SHF Vegeta, for example.

12. Sarge133

Sarge133 Grimlock Nut

Ebay:
    Got the new Mokoto today.

20210805_094549.jpg 20210805_121658.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Oh, right. I'm waiting for my items this month at HLJ before shipping that and a few other things. I'd honestly kind of forgotten about it. How's posability on it?

14. Sarge133

Sarge133 Grimlock Nut

Ebay:
    Haven't had much time to really pose it, had to leave for work. But from what I could see, about average figma articulation.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    BBTS just sent out a notification about expecting the Kantai Collection USS Iowa to be in stock soon, so after a rather disappointing day (went to a roller coaster park for the first time in years...got extreme motion sickness not three hours in and missed out on the giga because I had to go home. Was for the best because simply the drive home almost made me puke but...yeah, still disappointing) that's good news even if it means more money spent.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Got mine as well alongside one for the Rem reissue. Honestly can't wait.

But then I got bombarded by at least 3 others, one of which i'm keeping in and 2 i'm limboing between keeping and cancelling.

brolysip.png

What fun.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

18. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Moving one more step down the line, Inosuke finally rolls onto the scene!

473885ea-6bdd-4960-8a22-e1592ee5efb1.jpg
    3c38124a-155f-4728-bb1e-794f174dffa0.jpg

And of course a DX version will be following the original.

8674a45d-64fb-4bc9-ad8a-5cf344ec3aa3.jpg
    $81/$97 at GSC/BBTS, $105/$130 for the DX.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

I don’t know anything about Kimetsu no Yaiba but that is an odd looking ab joint.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Girl wearing a pig head?

Surely I should expect that all the jokes about Jigsaw have been made at this point?

• Like Like x 2