FF7: Advent Children out Today on BluRay

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those bastards didn't include the FF13 demo though. Fortunately, I did enjoy this movie (broken dialogue and all) and would love to own it in HD anyway. Best Buy has it pretty cheap at 26 bucks. Just a heads up for those who care.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Watching it now. Love this movie and it looks amazing in HD. The new scenes and updated dialogue make the story much more coherent. BTW, my Best Buy had it at $29.99. Not $26.00. ???

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    No demo? I would have taken it back. That is the selling point for me.

4. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    26 extra minutes and over 1000 revised scenes (according to the box). Amazing, 1080P picture with narry a flaw in sight. True HD audio (which is tickling my senses as I type) rupturing my surround sound. Who the heck needs a demo?

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

What does "1000 revised scenes" mean? Does the movie even have 1000 scenes?

6. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

remember I told you guys in my FFVII Advent Children thread several pages ago that the North American release of Advent Children Complete would not contain the demo for FFXIII

7. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

It's been known for awhile that there wasn't going to be a FFXIII demo with it. They are however looking to make it downloadable.

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm sure they mean 1000 revised shots.

At least... I hope that's what they mean.

Oh well, regardless, now I can be underwhelmed all over again in beautiful 1080p!!! :lol 

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I still cant believe people like this!? :confused: 

10. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? This movie appeals to anyone of the millions of people who played and enjoyed FFVII. A sequel to the most popular video game RPG of all time should surprise no one.

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd also like to add that weather you like FF7 or not, the action scenes are so over the top that its fun just to watch the crazy choreopgraphy. I also like that its something different from the standard "squash and stretch" CG that American studios will only make. Maybe they could add some CG squirrels for some more American appeal!? Cloud always needed a hyper active animal sidekick anyways! ( no offense to Kait Sith)

12. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, are you watching the same movie? It's eye-candy from start to finish. Even if you've never played FF7, it's worth a watch for the amazing CGI alone. A chance to own it in HD is worth a mention.
    Also, I direct you to the TF Movie Forums. There are two years' worth of obsessive conversations about a movie that no one has seen and hasn't been finished yet. If nerdgasms still surprise you, then you're on the wrong internet ;) 

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, no. You have to tell them. I told them that their web sight had it for 26.99 and they always price match it, especially if it's their own site. I picked it up for 27 bucks today. It looks awesome and yeah, the movie makes more sense now

14. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Amazon has it for $22.99. And Deep Discount has it for $25.23. And if you don't want to wait for shipping, Target has it for $24.99. Tell them, "I want my two dollars!"

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahah, yeah, and I'll drive up in my bike to the front door of Target. Damn, I should have checked their place first. But for certain 22 bucks is a great price for this. I've always understood the story of this game, but it took some effort to. Now it makes a bit more sense and 30 minutes of new CG goodness is awesome, especially the Cloud/Zak scene. Makes me want to get back to Crisis Core.

16. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    The animation and film professor in me is screaming to get out and throw down with the counter-arguments. But I'm going to be nice and just sit here with my mouth shut.

All I'll say is enjoy that eye candy. It's all empty calories in the end.

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not for everybody I own the DVD version while I don't hate it, it definately is not one of my top movies.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's basked in believes and contains the pacing (in terms of story-telling and dialogue) of another culture, so the calories are there, but they don't play like fast-paced Pixar movie. While the action might be very american, its exaggeration (and it is exaggerated) is very Anime, and the pacing and theme of mother earth-type stuff is very Japanese and definitely doesn't contain the local ingredients of your typical Pixar fair (as far as CG movies go).

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I have an animation degree so I understand what your saying and I know all about the principles of animation and such. My point though is that every animated CG film in America, even when they are as great as a Pixar film, still seem to have a very similar family friendly appeal. I think it's nice to see something different in terms of theme and style, even if the story and script aren't praised by American film critic standards.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Definitely want to get this; cant wait to see how many more music videos are posted on Youtube using the new footage. I personally love the Chevelle/ FF7 music videos.