Feral Rex - Scramble City?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ICEPnguin, Jan 24, 2017.

1. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Hey everyone, just wondering with all the new KO versions running around and the cost of this guy coming down, if anyone knows if the arms and legs can be swapped? Main reason for asking is for a custom figure I have in mind, but if it's not possible then no point in moving forward. Any help would be appreciated.

Also all info is appreciated, KO, OS KO, MMC, Neoart... whatever.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You can swap any arm with another arm and any leg with another leg. So he's half scramble city.
    You can have Divebomb and Catilla or Rampage and Catilla or two of any one for the arms and then Headstrong and Tantrum as either left or right leg or you could double up and have duplicate legs.

Legs can't be arms and arms can't be legs. Thats on the genuine, KO, Neoart and OS KO.

3. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    What prevents it? I have been watching youtube reviews, and it seems that on all figures the connection joint is on a ratchet. Shouldn't that allow them to swap?

4. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Leg figures do not have elbows. Hand and foot connectors are different. Original G1 toy wasn't scramble city either.

5. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    So if I wanted to create a voltron from this set, I would need to create a new way for the feet to connect to tigris and felisaber otherwise nothing else prevents it? Do the connectors in those figures ratchet to the same angle as the leg ratchets? Sorry Im working on acquiring a set of figures but figured I would ask for some guidance.

6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any particular reason you wouldn't buy one of the 2 new classic Voltron sets that are coming out?

7. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    All of the limb figures use the same connection pegs to Leo Dux, however, the foot connectors are vastly different than the hand connectors. Basically they look like large hooks that are secured between Bovis' and Fortis' lower halves; the arm bots lack the grooves for that. Likewise, the recesses where you connect the combiner hands on the arm bots are missing from the leg bots.

8. robh

robh Decepticon

Yeah. The Voltron ex set is pretty awesome. If you're looking for something smaller and less stylized the SoC is sweet, too

9. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'd have trouble figuring out how to get the heads facing the right way for a voltron config either way.

10. joespags15

joespags15 Well-Known Member

I don't see how any Predaking could become Voltron. All the limbs would have to be switched upside down. The connection ports are at the wrong ends.

11. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    well, that's the thing, i never really like the lion heads as hands and feet. plus all the sets as i have been seeing are rather unimpressive in my opinion. I am an old school fan of Voltron, and no disrespect, but i think he deserves an update to having hands and feet, and the fact that the 5 lions are so varied in size is upsetting too. Those tiny arm lions, and huge leg lions... the proportions are just meh.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if you don't mind the lion arms and legs not using the heads for arms/feet I'm sure you could work something out then. For cheapest option you could probably pick up the Jinbao torso and doubles of the arms off of ebay easily enough, I've seen them on there for a reasonable amount

13. Omega495

Omega495 Mostly Harmless, aspiring Mistake Not

Sorry for reviving a zombie thread.
    Here is a pic of felisaber as leg; as noted above, can't attach the foot piece.
    FB_IMG_15186722072701540.jpg