Feral Rex: Review 1: Feral Rex is not hard to pose.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Galvatron197, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Well-Known Member

I posted a review for Feral Rex a few months back. Unfortunately it was put on a different thread-that had thousands of views ect. So I took it off...This informal review to show how flexible Feral Rex is. I have had a good discussion with someone about Feral Rex's problems with posing. Let's say our conversation was an interesting one- to the point I took some photos' of Rex posing...And I honored a request make Feral Rex stand on one leg.

Also I added some more pictures with it so it won't be alone.

Attached Files:

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Thanks, I tried to do the kicking stance, but mine just flops down :/ I managed to get it to hold once but it literally will fall down if someone blew on it. Mine must be floppier than others.

3. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

I think the "secret" to posing Rex is to have one solid foot underneath him with nearly all of his weight on that big foot. The second foot can easily (at least on mine) be positioned in a stepping motion with just a toe cannon touching the ground for balance. I use a mixture of the many joints available, but as long as I plant one foot underneath him, Rex will do about anything I want.

4. Galvatron197

Beg to differ

Nah I don't think yours is a flopper my friend. You just have to manipulate his foot in certain position. When you tilt him into the side kick stance-here weight will start shift from there you find balance...When I got Rex to do this- Its like little effort--Rex just rocked the pose out like that.

Still doing arm strength shot for rex...So far its no issue here. He can hold his sword straight out.
    I will keep you posted.

5. Galvatron197

Damn right!

It's a balance thing...Find the center of balance on Rex. Like you said-Manipulate the weight of Rex.

6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Try it with a bent elbow. I haven't seen one that can hold it. Truth is that sword is ridiculously oversized, I'm making a smaller more G1 version for mine.

7. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    I've been playing around with Rex some more, he becomes much more solid, although still not perfect, when you collapse his upper thighs to the shortest. With that said, I still find him hard to pose for some really simple poses like holding the sword at certain positions, the inability to hold the sword with both hands without looking awkward, or, I'm going to say it again, the limited elbow bend which really irks me when his main accessory really needs that full range of articulation. After all this he's back to holding his sword facing the ground.

8. Galvatron197

You ask for it you got it!

I have some old pics already of rex with his 'bitch be gone' sword. Digressing from comedy...Here are some pictures for you, I hope this is what you mean holding the sword slightly bent...If not I will take some pictures for you, post them here and send you private message when I post them...I hope this is what you mean my friend.

Attached Files:

9. Galvatron197

If you're going to pose him don't collapse the upper thigh.

:thumb 
    You found your problem the upper thigh collapsing-really messes up posing Rex.
    The lack of 90 degree in elbow joints does limit Rex holding some killer poses.

Here's some pictures of Rex holding his sword with both hands...How I did..I leave, guessing by 2 or inch gab on the grip for each hand. Next angle the sword so the sword can securely fit in both hands. If the arms were perfect 90 degrees- All the pictures Have taken with Rex would be a lot better. I worked with what MMC left me and ran with it.

When you play with Rex's arms again listen to ab crunchers. If it's a soft sound that means the cruncher is weak. Also listen to the shoulder ratchets too. If they sound weak then you got your reason why his arm is not holding the weight of the sword. Then again I can be completely wrong-hey just guessing. I really like the questions and discussions.

Here are the pictures...Now if you want more private message me and I will post when I have the time.

FYI on the very last picture his arm is bent 45 degree and slightly back-I wanted to see how long he could hold it...It doesn't look like it in the picture. But Rex does have some toughness to him.

Attached Files:

10. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Haha, I feel like an idiot. It never occurred to me that the handle is long enough to have a wide grip, I was trying to get his hands to overlap, which he can't do very well.

11. Galvatron197

It happens to all of us.

Don't feel like that. When I took that picture I was looking at an old Conan the Barbarian pose-with his sword. If you have anymore ideas for pictures let me know. Making a photo comparison review of Feral Rex vs Prometheus.

12. Galvatron197

More pictures for you and everyone.

Attached Files: