Fembots!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DaveWire, Jan 22, 2018.

1. pluto

pluto Banned

Dang, y'all so close to realising gender is a lie. Anyway how bout them robbits huh?

• Like Like x 8
  2. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

7F940DB0-19FC-4C0D-A3C1-B3B582B96726.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I just wanna give some proper credit to this girl because I think everyone forgets the first time Arcee was a motorcyle instead of a car.

[​IMG]

I often see people crediting the Bayverse for this but nope! It was Energon.

[​IMG]

Crap she's a man in Japan too... Sorry moving on...

[​IMG]

I kind of hope they bring this character back at some point... though PLEASE give her more of a personality than just being in love with Megatron. That can still be PART of her character just tone it down so it's not the definition of her character.

My weird obsession of aquatic Transformers... probably the only reason why I actually like her... Also they need to fix that chest design... For one I don't understand why it looks like she has a Matrix molded into her chest. And the other issue...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Nuff said...

[​IMG]

Doesn't really look much like Elita-One but I actually like this design better... Was not a big fan of the weird spiky helmet thing. She does kind of resemble Ariel though is the wrong colors but again it's better because fembots don't need to always be Barbie pink!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm kind of disappointed that we never got figures of Elita-One or an alternate version of Blackarachnia with a retooled head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The weirdly better proportioned version of Strika... Those legs look like they can actually support her weight unlike what Beast Machines was walking around on. This is ironic considering most everyone else in Animated is also suffering from "How the hell can those sticks support your massive torso?" syndrome.

[​IMG]

Sari's baby photo? Or would this be more like a ultra sound?

[​IMG]

Sari and her magical plot device... Best human character in Transformers ironically isn't even human.

[​IMG]

They grow up so fast... literally she was at least 3-5 years younger two seconds before this happened.

[​IMG]

Apparently getting older also makes your eyes change color? Or was child Sari a Decepticon before? Cause this show does typically follow a pattern of Autobots have blue eyes, Decepticons have red eyes...

[​IMG]

She should of had her own episode at least... She only had one episode and she had to share it with a guy who runs fast, a guy who shoots arrows, a little girl with a toy pony, and also introduce Swindle for the first time... Maybe not use her all the time... pun not intended... but they could of at least given her a solo episode before teaming her up with a bunch of lesser villains and a Decepticon.

[​IMG]

OK I gave credit to the original motorcycle Arcee now I gotta put my FAVORITE Arcee in here!

[​IMG]

Melody Pond, I mean Mels, I mean River Song, I mean Quickshadow... whatever her name is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know why all Windblades almost feel like the same character but this is the only one who doesn't seem to be a City Speaker which I think is a dumb unnecessary gimmick. Just have the Titans actually talk themselves. They pretty much do it anyway. I could almost understand if they wanted to save money on hiring voice actors but the Titans still actually talk so having a "City Speaker" to talk for them makes no actual sense.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She was a great character for what little time she had... Wish I had something better than this thing...

[​IMG]

... To represent her in plastic.

[​IMG]

Not my favorite Arcee but she is pretty fun... I did like her in the episode with Grimlock when they got board and took a shuttle out of the Ark.

[​IMG]

This is the part where I admit when I was wrong about something. Early on I took a look at that design and just saw gender swapped Lugnut. But her name is Clobber and see has a totally different personality so I'm perfectly happy with this being a different character rather than a dude turned female.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She is in desperate need of some decent figures... I want two of her. One of the pre-accident Shadow Striker and one of of the post-accident Shadow Striker. Unfortunately she does have two figures but they're both figures I'd enjoy more as Plastic Addict victims than actually owning them. Someone please send those figures to TJ Omega...

[​IMG]

Apparently she can't be called Strika anymore... but her design seems to get better ever time they redo it. I mean this fixes a lot of the problems I had with the first two. Is the next version going to make that vent thing on her face a battle mask so she can have an actual face underneath it? Because if they did that she'd be perfect.

[​IMG]

She seems very similar to Animated but isn't a female clone this time. I still don't understand how that works.

I don't mind other Seekers being female too... as long as they actually remained consistently female like Slipstream does. The other Seekers in Cyberverse who aren't Starscream or Slipstream seem to keep swapping between Male and Female animation models depending on what episode you're watching and it's really distracting.

• Like Like x 5
  4. mixelpix

mixelpix TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    BEAUTUIFUL photos! Nightbird looks so good!

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    @SaberPrime unless you're talking about the first Arcee toy... the first Arcee was indeed a car my dude.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I wasn't talking about the the original vehicle mode. I was talking about the first MOTORCYCLE Arcee. I've seen several comments from people who seem to think Arcee was always a car until the live action films made her into a motorcycle. But Energon was the first one to do that not the films.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Apologies, I just looked back at your original post and I must have misread it. :lol 

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Though now that I think about... you're also technically right about Energon being the first toy... if we're talking official retail releases anyway. There were several unreleased prototypes and I believe Botcon Arcee was released before that... the TM2 Blackarachnia repaint... But since G1 Arcee didn't really get an official toy till the thrilling 30 release... Energon, 2007 Movie, Animated, and I think RotF came out before G1 did... Damn 80's Hasbro thinking fans wouldn't want a toy because it's a girl. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

[​IMG]
    I think this design is less ambiguous than her original toy was and it's one of my favorite TM molds, really wish she had shown up in a cartoon at some point.

[​IMG]

Fox Kids colors... which don't really seem to be all that different from the normal color scheme. The white is now grey. The red is missing from her face which I really don't like. That extra bit of color on the face helps to bring out the molding, without that red there it's hard to make out what her face actually looks like. The eyes are also hard to make out here cause they're a darker color, the face is a lot better on the other one. A lot of the original figure has red that kind of fades a bit into orange or yellow while this one is just straight up orange. The only red on this figure seems to be around the chest, thighs and red has been added to those rocket sections on the wings where it was originally yellow. The feet for bird mode, robot mode... and "vehicle" mode if you can call landing gear feet... are no longer matching the non-metalic color of the upper arms... in fact on this figure the upper arms and for some reason the joints of the landing gear... just their joints are the only non-metalic blue/pink/purple parts on the entire figure where originally all of that brown was that same color... whatever that is... There also seems to be some added metalic bits on the wings which brings out some detaining that was hard to see on the original.

The metalic parts almost look silver in some areas but I think that's a reflection of the lights washing out the color... pretty sure it's the same color of metalic blue/pink/purple on both figures... Though if you haven't guessed by my use of blue/pink/purple and don't already know... I'm color blind and the lighting being reflected almost making it look silver isn't really helping.

[​IMG]

I actually have this one... Her faction confuses me due to the fact her packaging calls her an Autobot, the instructions call her an Autobot... but there's a hidden molded in Decepticon insignia that can only be seen in the process of transforming the figure. It's covered in both modes. I have no idea what that panel looks like on the BW figure cause I've never owned that one. I think maybe there might have been a rub sticker there? The Armada figures don't have rub stickers but some of them still include the molded in square where the rub sign would have been except for Airazor. Plus her color scheme and apparently being Unicron's horseman (horsewoman?) of death kind of works better with being a Decepticon than an Autobot. I mean that looks like a lot of Decepticon purple...

I also really like this artwork for her.

[​IMG]

The talons look a lot more like actual weapons here instead of just bird feet stuck to her arms. I love how they turned them into these giant Wolverine claws.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Welp. I now want that last one as a Selects version of Airazor :D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

(Please don't mind the wallpaper. I tore off the animal pictures years ago and I still didn't get around to putting a new paper.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I so wish that form showed up in the show. I love this design. And the figure is awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I have all those figures... except I have the face mask version of the Fallen cause I prefer that head sculpt over him having a normal face... and the show accurate Grimlock as apposed to the G1 colored version.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

There is a mask version? Oh man, I wish I had known. It was the best part of his design.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Yes it was only available as a Toys R Us exclusive, all other retailers only had the open mask head sculpt.

16. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

Probably did not apply to France cos they didn't have this version at the Toys R Us I bought him.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well Toys R Us had both versions. It's just that the one with the mask was more rare because it was ONLY in Toys R Us where you could find them. If you couldn't find it there it doesn't mean they didn't have it, it means they were sold out of the exclusive.

I knew about it and I still only found the mass retail version. Ended up ordering from their web site because I don't have a local Toys R Us. The closest store to me WAS out of town so I'd only go there once a month if that. It also depends on what gas prices are at as they're constantly shifting. But it makes it a lot harder to find the figure in the wild when I can't easily make it to the store whenever they happen to restock them.

I have the same issue with Target exclusives. The only local store I have is Wal Mart. We're also suppose to be getting a Walgreens at some point because they bought out Rite Aid. All the Rite Aids supposedly are going to be remodeled into Walgreens stores at some point but it hasn't actually happened yet. So I guess we could also have access to those weird Walgreens exclusives at some point... that still seems like a weird place for Transformers exclusives to be found at... I mean I went to a giant Walgreens out of town and their toy section was almost none existent. Place was huge but the toys still only take up one isle not even both sides of the isle, the toys were across from the chips. Preschool toys and girl's toys which normally have their own separate isles in other stores were all in the same area at Walgreens. It's not a place I'd even consider looking for Transformers cause there's so few there normally anyway. If it wasn't for the fact that I knew Walgreens exclusive items exist I think of it as more of a drug store/pharmacy than anything else. Wal Mart has that too but their pharmacy section is proportionately a much smaller section of the store. Walgreens is a Pharmacy first, kind of also a cosmetics and bathroom supply store second, kind a grocery store third, and if you happen to already be there for the other stuff then might as well check out the lame excuse for a toy section last.

18. mixelpix

mixelpix TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Nice crew!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

The Fembot-Fatales!