Feeling overwhelmed starting MP collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jwarenec1, Sep 5, 2016.

1. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

Wow I got lost on that post, not your faul just the craziness of the slight changes in models. Is there one that is superior to the rest?

2. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recommended going for the MP-11 mold since it's accurate to the G1 model.

Also, you can take a look here so you can see the differences between the MP-3 and MP-11 molds...

Starscream (G1)/toys - Transformers Wiki

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like he said, I'd check ebay. That's where I got mine. I think I've had it for a couple years now (at least).

4. MasterPrime007

MasterPrime007 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got my KO MP Ratbat for $12.99 on ebay. Cheapest price I could find.

I have an enormous MP collection and my best advice to you is buy the ones that you really want or make you happy. I started collecting MPs when MP-1 released in 2003. Being an Optimus Prime fan, I have every MP version and close to all repaints. Wei Jiang's MPP10s and MO1s are amazing as well. Depending on where you buy 3rd party can save you money or break the bank. I would start out looking on ebay. There are plenty of affordable priced KO 3rd Party sellers out there. I would also look into BBTS and TFsource, they both are good starting points for MPs.

5. jwarenec1

So update this is the start of my collection thanks for all the help!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem with the Masterpiece line is that there is a distinct lack of affordable Decepticons. I was lucky enough to find a $59 Starscream at Toy's R Us and then laugh at the $70 Bumblebee this year. I was able to buy Prowl at Toy's R Us for $50 and really was tempted to buy the Clear Soundwave set for $99 and paint it, but passed on it.

Even KO seekers are $100, which is crazy. I really like the Autobot cars, but they aren't that much more involved than a lot of the movie voyager toys.

Big Bad Toy Store still has the Hasbro reissue of MP-10 with the trailer for $160. Pretty much the best and cheapest way to get a complete masterpiece Optimus Prime.

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    it's a slippery slope the mp line and i really mean that!! spent £500 over the last week on official and third party and probably spend the same before the years out ... it's a habit that grows have spent a fortune this year so far

8. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    congrats. Im hoping to have the last missing MP(s) for my collection here on Thursday. A bit of advice.....if youre going to be handling your Hot Rod, you may want to put future polish on the chrome bits as flaking is a oft talked about QC issue

9. jwarenec1

Definitely they are crazy priced the cons are hard to get a hold of. The seekers are crazy expensive for what they are. I'm getting the sound wave reissue but probably won't get much else until the version two megs comes out