Favourite/best chug voyager optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omnondippy, Jan 29, 2017.

?

Which PRIME is PRIME?

1. Original classics

34.4%
  2. Kbb mpp10

21.1%
  3. Combiner wars

10.2%
  4. Titans return wave 3

3.9%
  5. Cloud

1.6%
  6. G1

3.9%
  7. Striker manus

7.0%
  8. Other

9.4%
  9. toy worlds Orion

7.0%
  10. Power Master Titans Return

1.6%
  1. Omnondippy

Omnondippy Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, i was just wondering which chug prime is your favorite. Personally i like kbb but i would like to see your personal veiw on the iconic characters toys. Thanks!

2. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  4. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Also whoever voted for the classics over mp10v:yuck 

• Like Like x 5
  5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars Optimus Prime

• Like Like x 1
  6. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Classics Prime was a terrible figure when it came out 10 years ago. The truck mode looked awful and the posability sucked.

To say it's better than MP-10V is absurd.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

Not going to disagree that KBB figure isnt above and beyond Classics Prime. But it is a scaled down masterpiece, not a classics figure per say.

Furthermore, despite his lack of poseability, it was a fun little toy and had more than its fair share of 3rd party accessories to enchance its play value.

In addition KBB prime is a new figure while claasics Prime has been around for some time. How can you vote against or for regarding an item you never had?

But yes, to be honest I desliked classics prime so much that I sold it years ago before KBB was announced :throw .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I dunno.
    Classics and kbb both have their good and bad points.
    Booh to all the other options.

9. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    I started collecting classics back in late 2006 when they first came out.

Voyager Optimus Prime from that line was a figure that I was constantly debating whether I wanted or not because I never liked the look of it.

I finally broke down and got one 10 years ago in 2007. And my suspicions were justified. Not only was it a terrible looking figure, but the proportions and posability were poor even for the standards set 10 years ago.

I sold Classics Voyager Optimus Prime years ago because it was never a good figure at all IMO.

As for KBB MP-10V, yes it is a scaled down Masterpiece figure. But it was downscaled for the express purpose of scaling with a Classics collection.

So MP-10V can and should be in the conversation.

10. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

I completely agree. You know what my main concern is right now? He is so fking good that makes all the other classics Autobots, except very few look vastly inferior :( 

Is that even a problem? I guess heroic leaders should stick out ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

Combiner Wars. He's bigger than the Classics version and doesn't have any kibble. He actually comes with a gun that looks like his G1 gun too. And no partsforming!

• Like Like x 1
  12. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

My preference is Toyworld Orion. He's at least the equal of MP10V and Striker Manus in bot mode, and is superior in vehicle mode. Hopefully I don't need to explain why it's better than Manus in vehicle mode, if you really don't know, look at a pic of Manus's truck mode - that should clear things up. Orion is better in truck mode than MP10V because MP10V is scaled too small to look right next to deluxe cars (the bread and butter of Autobots for pretty much every line), and the rear portion of MP10V is ridiculously tall (darn near half-way up the cab, much like the original MP10).

Plus Orion has the best leg transformation for any Prime toy ever, the best front wheel/ribcage transformation of any Prime toy ever, and has genuine windshield pecs and grill abs (so does Manus, but damn, that truck mode, just...damn). Perfect size in robot mode, perfect size/scale in truck mode, bodybuilder physique...everything Prime is supposed to be. And it's not even listed as an option.

• Like Like x 2
  13. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I'm one of the ones your smiley seems to be vomiting on there. :p  I have not had the pleasure of experiencing the voyager scale MP Prime so I cant really call it my favorite never owning one. But out of the ones I do have, Classics 1.0 will be my go to CHUG Prime for the time being. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    10 years later and Henkei is still the best.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

I still like Classics Prime the best. I'm sure MP-10V is nice but I don't own it, so I voted for Classics.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Im down for Orion, he looks great next to Legends Megatron

17. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

OK, I get that better figures have come out since then, but at no point was Classics Prime a terrible figure. Hell, it could be released now and it’d still be on the right slope of the bell curve for Voyager toys. Pretty far down that slope to be honest. I may not have voted for it, but it’s an amazing figure, and to say it wasn’t great when it came out makes one wonder if the claimant can remember what was available in 2006 (you know, the tail end of the AEC era).

Now, I realize that this is primarily subjective, but the truck mode most definitely did not look awful. Frankly, it’s one of, if not theeee best looking Optimus truck modes out there. It’s better looking than Striker Manus (no brainer), TW Orion (good truck, but aside from rear portion not as good), Combiner Wars (painted windows, lack of paint elsewhere, oversized rear section) and even MP10V if only because the size of MP10(V)’s rear portion completely kills the illusion – not that Classics Prime’s rear section has a realistic profile, but it’s nowhere near as bad as the MP10 rear profile. It was a realistic (if not real) COE semi with a large sleeper section that still managed to look sleek and streamlined…well, as sleek and streamlined as a realistic COE semi with a large sleeper section can look. And unlike Orion and CW Prime, the ion cannon stored seamlessly in truck mode AND unlike MP10V can be arranged to be utilized while in truck mode (not sure if Manus’s wind vane-cannon can be used in truck mode, but as it’s such a horrible truck mode, who cares?). Hell, it even has seats molded into the interior – none of the others can claim that. The only flaw I have for it in truck mode is its size – it just scales badly with deluxe cars (it’s kind of a 1:45-48 scale whereas most deluxe cars are in the 1:32-38 range). Now, I will admit that the smokestacks that come from the shotgun don’t pass for realistic by any stretch of the imagination, buuuuuttttt, even they are a far better effort (as in, an effort was put into it) and execution than the weapon hiding/incorporation that is done these days.

Robot mode had its drawbacks, but still is a great figure, even by today’s standards (not to mention, not hollow). You may not like how it looks, but that completely normal, civilian looking wind vane transforms into an ion cannon that unquestionably qualifies as a BFG (sorry MP10V), and while there may not be finger or wrist articulation, it’s still has a great deal of articulation and posability (especially for 2006 – again, try to remember the AEC era that this was introduced in). He was built like a Prime toy should be built – even roided out Cyb Prime has a waist that was as wide as his chest – this was the first Prime toy since RiD (the real RiD) that wasn’t too plentiful around the waistline. I’ll concede that the chunks hanging (and worse, spinning) on his forearms suck, and the position of the front tire/bumper piece tends to offset the otherwise ideal v-shape torso (I leave it raised a bit to put the tires high enough to look like ‘lats’, but still would have been better with the ability to rotate it so the tires and bumper rest on the upper back).

I completely understand preferring other Primes (even I voted for TW Orion…once it became an option), but I’ll never get this complete disdain and lack of any appreciation for Classics Prime. The thing is great now, and in 2006 was arguably the best Prime to date.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

I voted for classics prime. And i did buy mp10v also. I just think mp10v aesthetics fit masterpiece line more than it does chug. As of right now, and comparing strictly voyager size, i dont think anything has dethroned classics prime yet. 3Rd party or official. Just my opinion.

19. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Are you trying to bury my original post with a long winded post of your own?

Because nothing has changed. I think that Classics Optimus Prime is a garbage figure. It was a garbage figure in 2006-07. It's a garbage figure now.

Size, posability, design in both modes, it's not a worthy Transformers figure let alone a worthy example of Optimus Prime.

HasTak has been trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak when it comes to Optimus Prime instead of going with what has worked and made him so iconic. What did we end up with? The steaming piles of crap known as Classics Optimus Prime and Combiner Wars Optimus Prime. And don't get me started on the dumpster fire that is any incarnation of the live action movie versions of Optimus Prime.

You disagree with me. You love the figure. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

But, I strongly disagree with you.

We have been seriously lacking a decent Voyager Optimus Prime for over a decade. We've probably never had a decent Voyager Optimus Prime. That's why a company like KBB saw the opportunity to fill the need in an area that has sorely been lacking and was able to pounce on it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  20. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Why the hell hasn't there been a good Prime in a long time? I don't count PMOP, or CW. They are repaints/moulds.

It's time for a straight up OP mould. Maybe we will get one in the POTP line

• Like Like x 1