Favorite Transformer of the day.....................

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jbarmadillo, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This Black Convoy impostor :lol  is my FotD.

100_1823_2.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. tholmes6

tholmes6 (Head) Master Stylist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TLK Deluxe Megatron today!

20170704_122733.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Going with Beast Wars Inferno for today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  4. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

IMG_20170704_221459-01.jpeg
    FOTD (well... For this fine evening), is the unlucky blue dude.

Tarn: Let's be realistic Thermidor, there's no way out. You should've just stayed in our continuity instead of that entertaining RID universe. So, we had no choice but to come and fetch for you. So, you know what happens to all who stray from our principles. It won't end well for you. You have two options: 1) we shall open your beautiful MOSC and allow Bisk to cook you into a lovely orange hue and proceed to crack, snap and pick away at your T-Cog, or 2) prefer me to.....

Thermidor: AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!! JUST TALK TO ME SOFTLY ALREADY! Let my spark explode in piece!

• Like Like x 10
  5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Movie Blackout with ROTF Stalker Scorpanok! I'd love him a lot more if I had those three other rotors!
    IMG_5529.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    He's connected! I worried about that but there's a connector near his neck/shoulder, justabout where the nose cone hinge is

• Like Like x 1
  7. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    This mighty chap today.

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  8. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Tonight the streets are ours

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Still in a Ratchety kinda mood.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  9. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

FOC Soundblaster with all his "disc" duddies.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I've been watching BW alot lately, so I'd have to say Beast Megatron. Just because he's such ruthless douchebag of a bot, that when things go wrong for him: Hilarious. Every time. Of course, watching Waspinator get busted apart repeatedly is funnier- Beast Megatron still has his own cheeky moments too.

I ordered UN-31 Beast Megatron from Amazon last week, and I can't wait for him to arrive. Come on, get here already!!!

UN31_BEAST MEGATRON_01.jpg UN31_BEAST MEGATRON_10.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Was playing around with the TR Autobot Headmasters last night. Still think Brainstorm is the most fun.

28907552425_63cb7ec826_k.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  12. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Cool! I have just started watching BW as well. And I have an Optimus Primal *possibly* arriving next week. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars is great. I probably like Transformers: Animated more, but sort of grudgingly acknowledge that Beast Wars is superior. Either way both stand head and shoulders above all the other cartoons, in my own humble wotsit.

I only had Decepticon triple changers. And then only the 1985 ones, Blitzwing and Astrotrain. Astrotrain was easily my favourite. He was the one that looked incredibly cool in all three modes. It was really only in 1985 that Decepticons went seriously purple. In '84 we only had, what, some bits of Skywarp? In '85 we had the Constructicons, the Insecticons, Blitzwing, mother fucking Shockwave, and Astrotrain. Out of all of them, only Shockwave wear the purple more convincingly than Astrotrain.

I literally do not remember Astrotrain doing anything but standing around in the comics. He's either stood somewhere behind Straxus or just stood around looking cross about scraplets. And that's it! Obviously he had a very memorable scene in Transformers: The Movie as the space bus. So my affection for this guy is purely based upon the toy. And he is an awesome figure. I really do think he's the triple changer that works the best and comes closest to really nailing all three modes.

Bot mode is great. Excellent headsculpt, largely good proportions, great paintwork and big chunk of metal in those legs. His kibble even gives him a cool looking backpack. The only problem is those stubby little arms. It's well known there's a prototype of Astrotrain that has extendable arms. If I could back in time and beg for one piece of budget cutting not to happen it would be this. It really is the only thing I don't like about this guy in robot mode. Well, maybe his ridiculously too big gun.

The only thing that really bugs me about the shuttle mode is that ridge just behind that cockpit that serves as his robot feet. It's remarkable how little robot OR train kibble is glaringly obvious. Aside from the train wheels near the front and the aforementioned bot feet/ridge it's a pretty good shuttle. If you really push me on the matter I'd have to say that the train mode is the weakest of the three. Shuttle wheels on the top of the canopy, vaguely rendered train wheels and rocket thrusters on the back. It's a little dodgy but it's still very recognisably a real world train and the design deserves credit for that.

Titans Return Astrotrain was one of the first TR molds I got my hand on, albeit in the form of Sentinel Prime. With Sentinel Prime I found the quirks kind of charming, especially with his Irn Bru deco. Guaranteed to win the heart of Scotsman addicted to drinks. With Astrotrain I just find it all so frustrating. At a glance the robot mode looks great. If you want something that makes you think of the G1 character model, this'll do it. Until you look closer. Suddenly the head is tiny, the torso is all squished and those legs are massive. As folk love to say, once seen it cannot be unseen. He's a painfully slender bot in profile, something made all the more obvious by his massive feet, sticking out in both directions. the little black toe caps, quite frankly, suck.

The shuttle, or should we flatter it and say 'spacecraft', mode is actually pretty good, even though it is just Astrotrain lying flat on his tummy and turning his toes round, as if doing particularly serene yoga move. Some modes live or die by their deco and this is where this guy really suffers. If there'd just been something, anything that would bring out the detail of the windows this would look so, so, so much better. I like the elegant, sweeping design of the wings, I like the little tower where the Titan Master sits. I don't even mind how awkwardly the arms stick out from under the wings. My disappointment really just comes down to those windows.

The train mode is great on the conceptual level but doesn't quite pull off the execution. I love the idea of this massive, armoured bullet train but it just needs a bit more work to be convincing. The folding, sculpted panels are clever and a nice throwback to the least convincing aspect of the original. The little gun towers are a neat detail, but the wings/backpack/Titan Master compartment just looks daft in this mode. Continuing the yoga theme, you don't have to look at this mode for long until you see the robot doing some extreme stretches.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  14. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Sweet! I've re-watched Beast Wars tons of times- it's a classic series- always makes me feel like a kid on a Saturday morning again- never get tired of it. ^_^

I already have MP Optimus Primal & United/30th Anniversary Optimus Primal (I looooove UN/30th Anniversary Primal- because I look at him as an overall tribute to his BW & BM designs- because he's a techno-organic-looking ape, and he's quite articulated too, so he's definitely one of my all-time favorite BW-based figures)- and UN Optimus Primal's made to go with UN Beast Megatron, so they'll look great together. I still haven't decided whether or not I want Legendary Commander MP Optimus Primal- he looks pretty darn good too- I might end up caving on him as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I was of the G1 generation and had lost interest in Transformers by the time it came on originally but I love the look of some of the figures and the characters included in stuff like Sins Of The Wreckers so thought I'd go back to the source material. Enjoying it so far!

This is the Primal I have ordered:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    RotF deluxe Recon Ravage--the colors and chrome really pop, plus reliving the "collect points and mail away" experience for the first time since G1 (for me) gives we the warm fuzzies.

17. jon trooper

jon trooper Starscream addict

News Credits:
    Galaxy Force Vector Prime today, only picked him up to dust and ended messing around with him for an hour

IMG_2031.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  18. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Vector Prime! He is such a majestic figure! Knight of Cybertron before it was a thang...

19. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Him today

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  20. joantlim

joantlim Well-Known Member