Favorite TF engineering moments

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sonscreen, Sep 7, 2011.

1. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    first mp-05 that thing mass shifts more than any transformer, then animated, mp-01, and rotf prime

2. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    ROTF Prime.

Just ... uuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnggggh.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    ROTF Prime. No elaboration needed

Generations Scourge. Hasbro could have just cheaped out by having is arms transform by simply pulling out the hands, but lo and behold they added a few extra steps that they could have gotten away with not adding them. Sheer generosity.

WheelTracks. Never before has a remold felt like a completely different toy all around.

4. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Classic octane astounds for a deluxe sized figure.

I was expecting the "snapper" shell to be detached when transforming between the truck and plane, but it didnt! Made me wonder how mind blowing if the designer are given the liberty of making a voyager sized him.

SideArm sideswipe mould is worth mentioning too. I never owned a movie sideswipe for years before but seen countless photos of him online. I kept thinking its just another "typical" deluxe autobot car with the vehicle front form the robot chest. Finally when I got hold of the exclusive blue/green sideswipe.... woah..... its the car's asses that form his boobs. Not only that.. where did the roof go? woah again.......... its sandwiched between the upper and lower body. The pistols flips out and securely hidden without the need to pop em up and reattach them. thats triple-woahh... from me. Too bad the knee articulation is limited though.

5. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Animated Lockdown just for the mass shifting.

As for a single, specific awesome moment: The first time I unfolded Generations Warpath's arms out.

6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    "No one can defeat Stawsqueam!" XD One of my favorite engineered toys from the movie line. Dunno how they managed to make chicken-legged monkey jet so incredibly screen accurate and still be able to transform, but they did!

Generations Wheeljack. Feels like coming home with a good long lost buddy!

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with Animated and ROTF Prime, also;
    RiD Prowl - I still think he's made the most out of the kibble, and he's not too complicated to hinder the enjoyment of transforming a toy.
    Alternity Convoy - for me he's such a gem in every regard. Great achievement considering the size of the figure.

8. spradlinb

spradlinb Well-Known Member

Animated Bulkheads (both Voyager and Deluxe) were my favorites for how simply they transformed and yet looked amazing in both modes. The majority of the Animated figures I loved the engineering behind. It wasn't that they had revolutionary engineering, it was just how they still looked like cartoons in both modes that I loved.